***** Official 2020 Texas Rangers Season Thread *****

172,454 Views | 3272 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BCSWguru
PacifistAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

Yeah, Leiter is practically a HS pitcher. He's thrown 15 college innings. I expect a fair amount of jumbling in prospects this spring given no one, HS or college, got to play last season. Unless there is some freak no brain HS position player, I want an established top college prospect.
From what I'm reading, possibly the best all-around player in the draft is a 5-tool (or so I've seen him described) high school SS from the DFW area (Jordan Lawlar). The mock drafts that I've seen, which probably aren't too useful in MLB, have the Rangers taking him.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Yeah, I've read about Lawlar. Will be interesting to see how the spring jumbles evaluations. If he is as described, he may fit the HS position player profile I described as being ok with. I wouldn't go near a HS pitcher at that pick almost no matter the scouting report, but I'm open to a standout HS position player.
IronAg45
AG
If Kumar pitches well, but for whatever reason is not taken 1st, do we take him or go for anyone else (barring some unexpected superstar breakout)?
dave94
AG
bthotugigem05 said:

Brought my camera to the game tonight and shot this panorama, thought y'all would enjoy

Andy?
Mr Gigem
AG
@DallasAg you have a **** load of PS tickets. Let me know if you aren't using any of those
bthotugigem05
AG
...dad?

(Yes, I'm Andy)
Mr Gigem
AG
Another successful TexAgs hookup
Aggies2009
AG
bthotugigem05 said:

Brought my camera to the game tonight and shot this panorama, thought y'all would enjoy

Awesome shot!
Grapesoda2525
Astros in a near certain death 3-0 hole.

Life is good today gents.
TXAggie2011
AG
bthotugigem05 said:

Sell that to the League and make some $. Great shot.
BennyBlancoFromTheBright
AG
[This thread is for Rangers fans and if you troll it again you will get a ban. There is your warning. -Staff]
Legal Custodian
Grapesoda2525
Good lord.

What a bunch of idiots. Actually coming in here and invading our thread.
Mr Gigem
AG
Rent. Free.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Houston sports fans, especially Houston Aggies = tiniest dicked fanbase in sports. When the only success you've seen in your lifetime has asterisks all over it, this is what you get. They are praying the god of tiny dicks will let them win another asterisk title
JABQ04
AG
Yeah so BlancoBilly or whatever his name is has never posted on the Astros page from the five pages I backtracked. Think he just wanted to stir up **** with y'all.
Mr Gigem
AG
Looking at his post history, he has not posted a single time in the Astros or Trash Talk thread
Grapesoda2525
JABQ04 said:

Yeah so BlancoBilly or whatever his name is has never posted on the Astros page from the five pages I backtracked. Think he just wanted to stir up **** with y'all.
Why else would he want to do that?

Only explanation is he is a Houston troll.
toucan82
toucan82 said:

Betts looks good out in right field

Still true
Proposition Joe
Man, Braves have some talented hitters but just ten cent heads.
Schall 02
AG
So Peter Fairbanks is the Rays closer.
Mr Gigem
AG
**** the Astros
twilly
AG
So were those fireworks, or people banging trash can lids? I couldn't tell.
Aggie_3
THANK GOD!
Danny Vermin
Suck balls cheatin astros. Still don't have a title without an asterisk.
Cromagnum
AG
[There was a warning about trolling on this page and you should have paid attention to it. -Staff]
Quincey P. Morris
AG

BryanAggie2013
AG
Glad the Rays were able to scratch it out. Now to stir the pot a bit in the trash talk thread while they're emotional.
Danny Vermin
Actually didn't turn it on until the 9th inning just so I could see those sorry ass Astro players face as they lose again. Oh, and get off of our thread.

Staff????

[Use the voting function. -Staff]
CampingAg
AG
Imagine tanking to that extreme and you have one World Series* to show for it.
Grapesoda2525
CampingAg said:

Imagine tanking to that extreme and you have one World Series* to show for it.
A tainted one at that.

Nobody outside Houston respects that World Series.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Right. That Series win is technically in the books, but no one respects it and their fans know it. They keep trying to make it a Ranger fan thing and it isn't; the rest of the league has been constantly pissing on it. It will always be seen as a cheated one that doesn't really count, league-eide. And that window is closing quickly. Cole gone. JV is done as an Astro. Losing record and wouldnt have sniffed a wild card if not for the expansion.
jtstanley4621
AG
Houston fans in all sports have the worst little man syndrome of all time. This is universally true. I grew up in DFW and never felt any sort of way towards Houston teams until I went to A&M. Hope they lose endlessly. Their fans deserve zero good things
Proposition Joe
I haven't done a deep-dive into it, but I would theorize much of it stems from the 70s->90s when you had the Cowboys winning Super Bowls and the show 'Dallas' as one of the biggest shows on TV... Especially during a time where you had limited viewing options and you watched what the networks wanted you to watch.

I imagine being a major city in the state that constantly has another major city shoved down your throat as the premier city over the span of 3 decades created a lot of resentment.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Same. I had no idea until I went to A&M. Being a huge baseball fan overall and a fan of MLB hats, I had official hats from a number teams at some point growing up, including one astros hat and a .45s hat. I saw them as our state's representation in the NL and pulled for them. But then my time at A&M was eye-opening. The hate for DFW sports teams was amazing.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.