***** Official 2020 Texas Rangers Season Thread *****

172,331 Views | 3272 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BCSWguru
Trucker 96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Agree. I expect the market to totally suck. And this year's WS champion (if we even have one) is going to have a fat asterisk. I only expect teams to be motivated for guys under contract for 1-2 more years. So that guts Minor's value. Lynn may have some. Kluber is basically worthless. The lineup is already trash with basically nothing worth trading
Slamn Sharpe
This feels like spring training
Proposition Joe
I just don't see how we constantly get here with these mis-matched rosters... Guys like Choo and Elvis on the downside of their career coupled with guys like Gallo and Calhoun who might be really good but are still very young.

It's very much reminiscent of the 2000s Rangers that never seemed to have any real plan - just patchwork type stuff that might make you competitive for a divison series at best for a year, but wasn't something that would produce long-term success. But hey we'll have a guy that will hit really cool homeruns and fans love homeruns!

I mean even this year where we hit on the bargain bin with Lynn/Minor and had a chance to add a stud in Kluber... One of the better top 3 rotation pieces and we are coupling them with an offense that is absolute trash.

I'll never be a proponent of the Astros "tank it till you make it" approach, but there's so much of this roster that during the offseason it seems like someone should be asking "is this guy going to contribute to a playoff team this year? is this guy going to contribute to a playoff team next year? then why is he here?"
Slamn Sharpe
Gallo walked
Trucker 96
I was not aware of the start time arrangement with the west coast teams. Happy to hear that I wont have to stay up so late to watch bad baseball
Slamn Sharpe
Let's go Calhoun. 1 on 1 out
gigem1223
Strange challenge there
Trucker 96
That's an oops challenge. I guess they were betting that Gallo left early, which he clearly did not
Slamn Sharpe
Onto the top of the 3rd

Texas 0
Arizona 3
gigem1223
It drives me crazy watching these guys bat. Every single one swinging for the fence, instead of just taking what the pitcher gives you. Striking out, swinging at anything close, rolling over on pitches. Elvis is the worst. Dude swings like he hits 40 hrs a year. Gallo is the only one that seems to have any discipline at the plate.
xjrayx
AG
Seriously. So frustrating to watch.
Trucker 96
They built a park for slashers and defense. Need to start trying to play like it. It could be a great asset in this one outcome world now if they can assemble the roster properly
Slamn Sharpe
I've watched some of the other games and the Rangers aren't the only ones with a bunch of guys that seem to be going through the motions. Sucks
Slamn Sharpe
Bottom of the 3rd

Texas 0
Arizona 3
Trucker 96
I wouldn't put the poor effort label on them yet. When a lineup sucks and isn't hitting, the energy level is going to look like ***** They mostly just suck
Slamn Sharpe
Terrible baseball
Mr Gigem
AG
Doesn't even look like they are trying at the plate. Something is going on in the clubhouse. Has to be.
Mr Gigem
AG
They're seeing breaking balls hang over the heart of the plate and either just staring at it or can't make contact. Pathetic
Trucker 96
AccidentProne said:

Something is going on in the clubhouse. Has to be.

There are too many AAA players in it
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
Can't watch the game tonight. I guess this is a good thing. I might have broken a TV or remote control by now. Looking at the box score, I have a question: How in the hell did Arizona have 11 at bats before the end of the second inning? Was that a type?
Trucker 96
Long 3 unearned run 1st thanks to an IKF error
Mr Gigem
AG
How many times will the Rangers be no-hit this year?
Slamn Sharpe
AccidentProne said:

How many times will the Rangers be no-hit this year?

Once if any
Slamn Sharpe
Top of the 5th

Texas 0
Arizona 3

man on 1st
Slamn Sharpe
Nice double play
xjrayx
AG
Silver lining is that Gibson has looked really good. The 3 runs weren't his fault. But this offense is atrocious.
Slamn Sharpe
Rangers are up
Gibson has thrown 92 pitches in 5 innings

Texas 0
Arizona 3
xjrayx
AG
Please show some signs of life here. Please.
Danny Vermin
Getting no-hit in the 5th by this team is just pathetic.
Slamn Sharpe
For comparison, Kelly has thrown 59 pitches and hes currently on the 2nd hitter of the 5th
Slamn Sharpe
Calhoun got a pitch
But pops up
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
Finally got to turn on the game. It looks like some of the DoppleRangers behind home plate have already given up on the season.
Slamn Sharpe
*sigh*

3 up 3 down

Several hard hits in the last few innings but directly at a fielder
Mr Gigem
AG
About to already get the 2nd notification of the season from the MLB app that the Rangers are being no-hit through 5. It's game 4
ryanhnc10
AG
This may be the most boring team in the league

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.