***** Official 2020 Texas Rangers Season Thread *****

172,412 Views | 3272 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BCSWguru
jtstanley4621
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The ultimate back stab would be that we continue to win either all or the good majority of Lynn's remaining starts and play ourselves to about the 3rd overall pick.

I suppose the good news is if that's worst case scenario we're still picking 3rd overall. The team is still a reliable baseball catastrophe, specifically the pitching outside of Lynn
Grapesoda2525
jtstanley4621 said:

The ultimate back stab would be that we continue to win either all or the good majority of Lynn's remaining starts and play ourselves to about the 3rd overall pick.

I suppose the good news is if that's worst case scenario we're still picking 3rd overall. The team is still a reliable baseball catastrophe, specifically the pitching outside of Lynn
Lynn should be shut down for the season after his next start at the latest. Unless he's still in the running for cy young?

Letting him pitch anymore is woefully stupid. It would be the typical incompetence we have come to expect from this organization.
TV Casualty
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

jtstanley4621 said:

Lynn should be shut down for the season after his next start at the latest. Unless he's still in the running for cy young?

Letting him pitch anymore is woefully stupid. It would be the typical incompetence we have come to expect from this organization.

Why would Lynn be ok with being shutdown?
Grapesoda2525
TV Casualty said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

jtstanley4621 said:

Why would Lynn be ok with being shutdown?
Meaningless season.

Avoid injury
mavsfan4ever
AG
There's no way Lynn will want to give up the cy young.
Mr Gigem
AG
Eh, Lynn lost the CY in his outing against the Astros. I suppose he could still be in the running if he doesn't give up anymore ERs, but that is unlikely.

Before his outing against the Astros, he could only give up a total of 8 ERs to keep his ERA below 2.00. In his recent starts against the Astros and LAA, he has given up a total of 7 ERs. Can he make it the rest of the season only giving up a total of 1 ER? He's got probably three more starts, so not likely
xjrayx
AG
Rougie did something good, but I'm so frustrated by it lol. Not helping the tanking cause...
Grapesoda2525
xjrayx said:

Rougie did something good, but I'm so frustrated by it lol. Not helping the tanking cause...
The A's can still come back. Both teams are using scrub pitchers in this game.
xjrayx
AG

Another young prospect making his debut!
Jimmy McNulty
AG
Is this an exciting one?
xjrayx
AG
I think he's competition for 3B with Jung.

Jimmy McNulty
AG
Trade piece?
wbt5845
AG
Jung has a much higher projected top side than Apostel.
bigcat22
AG
I must say, as bad as this season has been, I do like what IKF has been showing.
WestTexasAg
AG
Surprised and impressed by IKF. Not quite the power you would like to see out of a corner infield spot though, but he needs to be in the lineup. Really like Solak. Taveras and Tejeda look promising. Huff with his first hit tonight. Don't know much about Eli White.
Grapesoda2525
After today......

Boston has passed us. They're 16-31 and rangers are 16-30.

Normally, I want to see us beat the astros at all costs, but they can have our games this year. The astros aren't a threat to win the World Series with that team so it's not going to be any fun to try and win to keep them out or hurt their playoff positioning.

Rangers are now 3rd in the tankathon. They still have 4 with the angels and 2 with the diamondbacks that are winnable so I'm not too optimistic about actually ending up in the top 2.
jtstanley4621
AG
Would be typically predictable for us to win just enough to fall to like the 3-5 range in the draft. That being said you can still get a damn good player in that range... the operational word there being "can."
Seven Costanza
AG
This is a good link to easily follow the race for the bottom:

http://www.tankathon.com/mlb
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Astros listed as forfeited in the rankings. This is what you get when you click on the team.

Grapesoda2525
jtstanley4621 said:

Would be typically predictable for us to win just enough to fall to like the 3-5 range in the draft. That being said you can still get a damn good player in that range... the operational word there being "can."
I'm sure everyone on this thread agrees with you there, but they should all remember the Dillon Tate fiasco and Kip ***g is still there unfortunately.

It seems like we really need 1 or 2 to avoid the probable uncertainty of relying on our scouts or Kip to make the right call.
wbt5845
AG
Odor is the king of big hits when it no longer matters.
bigcat22
AG
It's almost like just when everyone has written him off, he tries to pull everyone back in. I mean that's what, 3 HRs in 3 days.
Grapesoda2525
bigcat22 said:

It's almost like just when everyone has written him off, he tries to pull everyone back in. I mean that's what, 3 HRs in 3 days.
He's doing what he can to screw up our draft position. That's for sure.

He already solidified his spot in the lineup for the rest of this year and next year after home run #1. The rest is just overkill.
Grapesoda2525
At least the Red Sox won today.
wbt5845
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

bigcat22 said:

He already solidified his spot in the lineup for the rest of this year and next year after home run #1. The rest is just overkill.
maybe he can punch someone out and solidify it for two seasons?
Grapesoda2525
wbt5845 said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

bigcat22 said:

JD and Davis would love it.

Massive extension imminent.
DallasAg 94
Whats Up Brother
It's possible but highly unlikely. The Rangers and A's would both need to basically win out. Both have the most games left against division opponents.

The A's have EIGHT games left against the Mariners, and they could/should win all of them. The Rangers have 7 left against the Astros and 3 against the Angels. Win both of the those series' and sweep the 2-game series against the D-Backs.......
Whats Up Brother
The Mariners have the most difficult finish to the season, followed by the Angels and then the Astros.
DallasAg 94
DallasAg 94
toucan82
Grapesoda2525 said:

wbt5845 said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

bigcat22 said:

JD and Davis would love it.

Massive extension imminent.

What are we thinking, 3 for $75 million?
Schall 02
AG
Mike Minor tonight: CG shutout, 8 k's.

LOL
Whats Up Brother
Schall 02 said:

Mike Minor tonight: CG shutout, 8 k's.

LOL

"Complete game" 7 innings

Tomato/tomato
bigcat22
AG
Ouch

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.