***** Official 2020 Texas Rangers Season Thread *****

170,823 Views | 3272 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BCSWguru
KT 90
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Leody has more pop that I was expecting for a speedy/defense guy that plays CF.

wbt5845
AG
Fraiser triple. Gallo needs to show his worth here.
jtstanley4621
AG
Not sure wtf happened there with Taveras on that wild pitch but if he proves he can hit with the speed/defense he's gonna be good
Grapesoda2525
I've been a big critic or skeptic of Guzman because of his bat, but if he can cut down on the strike outs, get more hits, and boost his power a bit then he's definitely worth it. His glove is amazing.
PatAg
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

I've been a big critic or skeptic of Guzman because of his bat, but if he can cut down on the strike outs, get more hits, and boost his power a bit then he's definitely worth it. His glove is amazing.
This is such a ridiculous post. If Guzman can become a completely different hitter it would definitely be amazing. Good call.
Grapesoda2525
PatAg said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

This is such a ridiculous post. If Guzman can become a completely different hitter it would definitely be amazing. Good call.
It's possible.

Nelson Cruz didn't get it together until he was 28 or something like that.
PatAg
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

PatAg said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

It's possible.

Nelson Cruz didn't get it together until he was 28 or something like that.
Odor is only one year older than Guzman
Seven Costanza
AG
There was always hope for Nelson Cruz. He had been destroying minor league pitching, yet couldn't put it together when he had opportunities in the big leagues. Finally he figured it out at a later age. Guzman's numbers in the minor leagues aren't showing a lot of promise.
Trucker 96
PatAg said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

Glad I wasn't the only one thinking this.

As noted above, Cruz raked in the minors but was starting to get those "is he a AAAA guy?" questions then finally broke through. I look at Guzman and see no reason to believe he'll ever hit well at this level. Yeah, he's got a good glove but he's a 1B for goodness sake. 1B HAS to hit. A plus glove there is minimal help to W's and Ls
wbt5845
AG
Guzman was 3 for 3 last night - hate to see what you guys would think of him if he was hitting lower than 1.000.
sburg2007
Looks like Mitch Moreland is on the move. Forgive me for not linking tweets, but dealt to San Diego.
wbt5845
AG

Do they need a DH? Hosmer is the man at 1B for the Slam Boys.
xjrayx
AG

Well, looks like Rougie's not going anywhere anytime soon.
Old Tom Morris
You can't polish a turd, Beavis
Grapesoda2525
Getting embarrassed by the Padres might be a blessing in disguise this year.

The padres GM has been really aggressive in the trade market. He's brought in a reliever and a hitter already. They could either trade for Lynn or at least drive up the price on him.
Grapesoda2525
xjrayx said:

Well, looks like Rougie's not going anywhere anytime soon.
Can't wait until that loser is off the team.

I hope they buy him out at the end of the season. Would it be worth it then?
Old Tom Morris
The market for Lynn seems to be growing. Hopeful they can get a good return
xjrayx
AG
Old Tom Morris
Yeah, the rumors quickly went from Dodgers and maybe Padres to including the white sox and twins. When there is actually a market, this is one area where JD has excelled
xjrayx
AG
Yea I'm getting more excited. Hoping all of these team are just pushing the price higher and higher. I was skeptical of trading him because it feels like such a buyer's market, but these developments are boding well for us.
Grapesoda2525
xjrayx said:

Yea I'm getting more excited. Hoping all of these team are just pushing the price higher and higher. I was skeptical of trading him because it feels like such a buyer's market, but these developments are boding well for us.
I'm expecting a better return than the Darvish trade.

Or don't trade him
Old Tom Morris
The Darvish market was one team. Hashed and reshashed and rehashed again
wbt5845
AG
Darvish was a straight up two month rental. Not comparable at all.
KT 90
AG
wbt5845 said:

and not only would a team also get Lynn already under contract for 2021, it's at a very affordable rate for a #1-#2 type starter.

wbt5845
AG
KT 90 said:

wbt5845 said:

and not only would a team also get Lynn already under contract for 2021, it's at a very affordable rate for a #1-#2 type starter.

Yes - he's $8 MM for next year? Seriously - good job Jon Daniels.
xjrayx
AG

Old Tom Morris
Niiiiiiiice
Old Tom Morris
That HR might have landed in Grand Prairie
Old Tom Morris
Some poor cardboard guy just took one in the face. That on video would make the $50 worth it
KT 90
AG
Old Tom Morris said:

Some poor cardboard guy just took one in the face. That on video would make the $50 worth it

Just turned it on and saw that. Looks like the Dodgers are teeing off on Gibson, three HR's already and it's just the 3rd inning still.

xjrayx
AG
Yea, Gibson hasn't looked great yet again. Was kind of excited about him when we signed him, but he's been bad in his last few starts.
Old Tom Morris
On the bright side, even though he's signed for 2 more years, he gets cheaper each year.
xjrayx
AG

Glass half full
Proposition Joe
Mike Minor has an ERA in the mid 5's right now.
Seven Costanza
AG
You win some and lose some with back-of-the-rotation free agent signings. You have to fill out the rotation with something though, and guys with potential and/or history of some success aren't free.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.