***** Official 2020 Texas Rangers Season Thread *****

169,766 Views | 3272 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BCSWguru
The Pilot
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Confirmed? There's a post a few notches up saying the same thing.
Slamn Sharpe
Odor with a line out, grounded out, pop up, and another pop up
wbt5845
AG
Bingo Bango Bongo said:

If that's TJ which an elbow injury ending a season in July likely is, then the astros are just paying him for 2020 and 2021

When you ride an old horse too long....

Paying $28 MM to a 37 year old pitcher. But hey - the Astros got their man signed!
Tincup12
5 runs for the weekend. Neat!
Slamn Sharpe
Game over

Texas 2
Colorado 5

Rangers fall to 1-2
toucan82
This team sucks
CampingAg
AG
Rolling over a ground ball on the outside corner with two strikes and two outs in the last inning down three runs about sums it up.
Seven Costanza
AG
Obviously I don't have the drive of a professional athlete, but I'd just retire if I'm Verlander (if he needs TJ). You've earned $241MM in your career and will at best only play a couple of more seasons after a long rehab.
Schall 02
AG
McDadeTXAggie said:

gigem1223 said:

Rockies schooling the rangers on defense

Story is really good. Wish we had him on the roster

Irving High School.
Trucker 96
We just need a staff who only gives up 0 or 1 run
Slamn Sharpe
toucan82 said:

This team sucks

Pretty much. It is exciting though just have baseball to watch. This team needs offense badly
Trucker 96
Seven Costanza said:

Obviously I don't have the drive of a professional athlete, but I'd just retire if I'm Verlander (if he needs TJ). You've earned $241MM in your career and will at best only play a couple of more seasons after a long rehab.

I would agree with this. We'll see how deep the fire is burning, but that's a long road back to pitch at 39
Slamn Sharpe
Schall 02 said:

McDadeTXAggie said:

gigem1223 said:

Rockies schooling the rangers on defense

Story is really good. Wish we had him on the roster

Irving High School.

Huh?
Schall 02
AG
Story is from the area.
Schall 02
AG
Seven Costanza said:

You wouldnt give up guaranteed money like that.
Slamn Sharpe
Schall 02 said:

Seven Costanza said:

Or would you? How many yachts can you ski behind? How old are your kids? Do you like living in Houston?
bigcat22
AG
Aren't baseball contracts fully guaranteed? So he would be paid anyway, ala Prince Fielder?
gigem1223
This team is going to be frustrating to watch with these bats. Arms will keep them in games just enough for us to watch all 9 innings and come away disappointed the majority of games.
Trucker 96
gigem1223 said:

This team is going to be frustrating to watch with these bats. Arms will keep them in games just enough for us to watch all 9 innings and come away disappointed the majority of games.

Yeah, I feel like the past 2 games are going to be an extremely common experience
KT 90
AG
Not so fast on Verlander:

Seven Costanza
AG
Schall 02 said:

Seven Costanza said:

His contract runs is over after the 2021 season, right? He likely wouldn't be ready until that point anyway (if it's TJ surgery), so I'm fairly certain he'd collect next year's salary one way or the other.
gigem1223
KT 90 said:

Not so fast on Verlander:

Sounds like Yu Darvish before his eventual TJ surgery
gigem1223
So if Kluber misses a few rotations who do we think fills his spot? Allard or Palumbo?
Proposition Joe
I think with a shortened season there is a good chance neither Verlander or Kluber deem it worth risking coming back.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Verlander is supposedly saying the done for the year report is incorrect. At least for now anyway.
CampingAg
AG
Yikes. If you thought our lineup was bad offensively, check the Giants. Darin Ruf is hitting in the 3-hole. We need to just about run the table against them if we want to make the postseason.
Grapesoda2525
CampingAg said:

Yikes. If you thought our lineup was bad offensively, check the Giants. Darin Ruf is hitting in the 3-hole. We need to just about run the table against them if we want to make the postseason.
We play the giants soon. Those games should be winnable at least. Although, Maybe not anymore. With kluber out, our rotation just went from a strength to below mediocre.
Slamn Sharpe
Grapesoda2525 said:

CampingAg said:

We play the giants soon. Those games should be winnable at least. Although, Maybe not anymore. With kluber out, our rotation just went from a strength to below mediocre.

Kluber was looking really good too. Post game they mentioned something about his stuff not looking 100% but that's not what I saw
Aggies2009
AG
xjrayx said:

Wow...

Gee, that's too bad.
CampingAg
AG
CampingAg said:

And they just split a series in LA. That's the way baseball go.
KT 90
AG
gigem1223 said:

So if Kluber misses a few rotations who do we think fills his spot? Allard or Palumbo?

Short term, probably neither. There are several early season off days and we were going to skip the #5 spot. So short term we'll just keep Lyles in the rotation.
KT 90
AG
Proposition Joe said:

I think with a shortened season there is a good chance neither Verlander or Kluber deem it worth risking coming back.

Kluber has a team option contract for 2021 I believe. He may need to prove himself to insure it gets exercised after missing a lot of the 2019 season.

Grapesoda2525
KT 90 said:

Proposition Joe said:

Kluber has a team option contract for 2021 I believe. He may need to prove himself to insure it gets exercised after missing a lot of the 2019 season.

It will get picked up regardless because of his potential, but hopefully his injury isn't a big deal and if it is, at the very least I hope it won't impact 2021.
Proposition Joe
Yeah, there will be plenty of people willing to take a shot on Kluber in free agency to offset any fear of losing a 1yr/$13m deal.
Proposition Joe
And not saying it's likely he is done for the year, but a lot of players weren't really thrilled with the hoops and risks involved with this season in the first place. Toss in what's happening with the Marlins and I think you'll see more than your average # of middling injuries that turn into season-ending injuries.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.