***** Official 2020 Texas Rangers Season Thread *****

170,915 Views | 3272 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BCSWguru
Grapesoda2525
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Been saying after 2nd week of the season Trevino needs to play.

Glad he's getting a shot because Mathis and chirinos both came to us worn down and ineffective.
Seven Costanza
AG
Very Michael Youngy hit from Solak there.
Mr Gigem
AG
Gallo stinks
Mr Gigem
AG
We have a catcher that can hit!
Mr Gigem
AG
Chirinos has a DH...woof
KT 90
AG
Giolito just threw a no hitter for the White Sox.

Grapesoda2525
At least we haven't given up a grand slam tonight.

That's a victory!
jtstanley4621
AG
Lone bright spot of the team appears to be Solak. And In fairness of course Lynn, but we only get him for one game at a time
KT 90
AG

KT 90
AG
KT 90 said:

Solak playing second base tonight....

I think I'd DH Choo and put Dietrich in LF

Trevino moves into the three hole.... might as well, he's our hottest hitter lately.

KT 90
AG
jtstanley4621 said:

Lone bright spot of the team appears to be Solak. And In fairness of course Lynn, but we only get him for one game at a time

I'd throw Trevino in there. Young controllable catcher that is also hitting pretty good I'd also throw in Hernandez. But yeah, after that it gets kinda ugly.

KT 90
AG

jtstanley4621
AG
Random question: What determines international signing money? I hadn't watched Fernando Tatis Jr. play at all until this most recent series with the Rangers. After he hit that grand slam I looked up some of his highlights, and his base running is next level and he has very good speed, along with good range and a good arm. Everything you could ever want out of a shortstop, and only 21. Truly feels like he's going to be an elite superstar for many years barring injury. Another guy I hadn't watched was Juan Soto until the playoffs last year. He's only 21 as well and already has a world series ring with a ton of clutch plays in the postseason. Both those guys have basically unlimited ceilings. Tatis and Soto were signed in 2015. Crazy to me to imagine if somehow one team had gotten both those guys.
KT 90
AG
Rangers up 1-0, bottom of 5th. Allard looking good tonight. Gallo had a nice diving catch in right and Solak reminded us why 2nd base may not be his ideal position.
Trucker 96
No hitter thru 5 and now the **** is about to fall apart
KT 90
AG
JimmyD96 said:

No hitter thru 5 and now the **** is about to fall apart

He was clearly out of gas. Should've pulled him after the hit. Then Garcia comes in and throws a wild pitch to score the second Oakland run.
Grapesoda2525
KT 90 said:

Rangers up 1-0, bottom of 5th. Allard looking good tonight. Gallo had a nice diving catch in right and Solak reminded us why 2nd base may not be his ideal position.
He hasn't messed up 4 double plays in 7 days tho.
TDub
AG
I think there's a certain amount of money for each team set aside every year. That money can be moved from one team to another during trades. I'm sure there's more to it though
KT 90
AG
Goody, just off the IL, comes in with the bases loaded and no outs.... and strikes out the side. Nice!

Down 3-1, bottom of the 8th
KT 90
AG
etxag18 said:

I think there's a certain amount of money for each team set aside every year. That money can be moved from one team to another during trades. I'm sure there's more to it though
I don't know the details, but I do know that now you can trade international slot money. I don't thin you could do that previously. So teams short on cash can trade slot money to other teams. and again not positive on the details, but I think there is more of a cap on what you can pay individual international players to sign now too.

jtstanley4621
AG
We have won 1 of our last 11 games unless I'm miscounting on the calendar

YIKES
J.P. 03
AG
Guys, I'm starting to worry that the Rangers have lost Evan Grant's support. I can't quite put my finger on it, but maybe you can help me spot the clues in his latest DMN article:

Quote:

While much of the sports world stood still, it was business as usual for the Rangers. Which means they lost again.

ARLINGTON While much of the sports world around them paused for reflection on larger issues Wednesday, the Rangers went right on with things, reaching the mid-point of the season without missing a beat.

IIn other words, there was no offense, an abundance of free base runners for the opponent and runs created from misplays. All of which added up to a 3-1 Oakland win, the Rangers' 10th loss in the last 11 games. The Rangers are now 1-9 this year against teams that began play Wednesday holding winning records. At -54, they have the worst run differential in baseball. All of that will factor into any decisions that come down before Monday's trade deadline.
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
I gotta say, he's not the only one they have lost. There really isn't much to be excited about right now.
Seven Costanza
AG
Nothing surprising here, but the Rangers have scored the least amount of runs in the American League and have the worst run differential in MLB.
hawk1689
AG
KT 90 said:

This tweet could have just read "The Rangers have replaced Ian Gibaut with...another Ian Gibaut".
Whats Up Brother
J.P. 03 said:

Guys, I'm starting to worry that the Rangers have lost Evan Grant's support. I can't quite put my finger on it, but maybe you can help me spot the clues in his latest DMN article:

Quote:

While much of the sports world stood still, it was business as usual for the Rangers. Which means they lost again.

ARLINGTON While much of the sports world around them paused for reflection on larger issues Wednesday, the Rangers went right on with things, reaching the mid-point of the season without missing a beat.

IIn other words, there was no offense, an abundance of free base runners for the opponent and runs created from misplays. All of which added up to a 3-1 Oakland win, the Rangers' 10th loss in the last 11 games. The Rangers are now 1-9 this year against teams that began play Wednesday holding winning records. At -54, they have the worst run differential in baseball. All of that will factor into any decisions that come down before Monday's trade deadline.

In a shocking turn of events, the NBA players have decided they will continue to play out the rest of the season
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Tonight's game has been postponed.
Whats Up Brother
Ranger #007 said:

Tonight's game has been postponed due to viral idiocy.
What is idiotic about fighting racism and social injustice?
Grapesoda2525
J.P. 03 said:

Quote:

Can you blame him?

Our front office might be the dumbest in the entire league. Even if we suck the rest of this year, the very high draft pick won't end up helping the team in the future if Kip ***g is deciding who we pick.

I lost all faith in that loser after the Dillon Tate pick. If you don't know or remember that, then look it up. What a waste of prime draft position and money.
jtstanley4621
AG
We've lost enough now that looking forward with the current starting rotation and injuries if I were Daniels I would trade Lynn and Minor. Obviously that would be throwing in the towel, but we have pretty much buried ourselves and the outlook with this current roster is BLEAK. We need an injection of talent into the farm system.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
How does not playing a baseball game achieve your stated objectives? All it does is alienate fans, that have already been pushed to the edge of not giving a damn because of "wokeness" and cause potential harm to their brand.
jtstanley4621
AG
Ranger #007 said:

Not playing tonight is definitely going achieve that goal.
You're right, it's not worth doing anything unless it's going to completely cure racism in one fell swoop.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Never mind. My fault for saying anything other than the game was cancelled. Not the place for this debate.
wbt5845
AG
So the A's forfeit, right?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.