***** Official 2020 Texas Rangers Season Thread *****

170,862 Views | 3272 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BCSWguru
gigem1223
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Swing the ****ing bat Joey!
Mr Gigem
AG
SWING THE ****ING BAT JOEY
sburg2007
This team SUCKS! -Mike Rhyner.
Trucker 96
Not going to get to 20 wins if they can't find a way to score more than 2-3 runs. 15 may even be a stretch
Danny Vermin
I'm holding out hope we can beat the teams in our division.

Thats all I have.
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
Not a lot of excitement from me at this point. I would say most of you aren't very excited right now either considering hardly anyone has posted the past few games. Not much *****ing and moaning leads me to believe I am not alone in my ambivalence. I'm going to continue to watch when I can, especially when Lynn pitches, bit if I can't catch a game, oh well.
sburg2007
I watch because I love the game, but this team isn't any fun to watch Coupled with 8 pm first pitches, I watch 5 innings and go to bed.
Trucker 96
As a fan, one of the ways you battle thru a bad year is to watch the youth with hopes for the future. This lineup has basically one or two moderate long-term assets in Gallo and Calhoun. The pitching staff even less since every starter is a short-timer. And the inept offense has resulted in some pretty boring games, especially when a 3-4 run deficit appears to be insurmountable
sburg2007
At this point, Gallo is what he is and I don't find it to entertaining, personally. Im curious on what to make of Solak. I'd be ok never seeing heineman ever again.
Trucker 96
I look at Solak and think "being an average dime-a-dozen player is his ceiling". They are also basically the same age.

As far as Gallo, he can be frustrating and that's why I call him a moderate asset. My comment was geared more simply toward "who might be here and still contributing in 5 years"
DallasAg 94
Trucker 96
I think IKF is a utility guy. Trevino exited being a young high ceiling guy a couple of years ago and is now a "it's taken 6 years after college just to get this far?" guy. Painful.

I like Calhoun because I think he's a capable line drive hitter that can advantage of the alleys in this park.
xjrayx
AG

Would be nice to see some of the prospects get some playing time - starting with Tejeda
wbt5845
AG
I'd love to see the young guys. But each day of service this season counts as 2.78 days of major league service - so there's a strong incentive to keep guys down on the farm this year.
Trucker 96
Yeah, I'm not begrudging them for not bringing guys up. It would actually be fairly stupid to burn a chunk of service time for what I see as having very little payoff. It's just a fact lending to the "painful to watch" circumstance. But I am also not that excited about what's available to bring up anyway
Trucker 96
What I am encouraged about in a twisted way is seeing this "let's use our rehabbed staff and patchwork lineup" approach go horribly wrong so that if they want to sell tickets in 2021 and 2022, they hopefully realize some serious spending and some big changes need to happen. Not this trying to tread water on a shoestring budget after I fleeced taxpayers for $500 mill crap.

JD is not bad at hunting the bargain bin and should keep trying it, but they need to add some trips down the premium aisle
xjrayx
AG
Another "fast" start today. Let's not blow this one again, please.
xjrayx
AG
Mathis is off to such a great start offensively lol
Slamn Sharpe
Heck ya
toucan82
Fuzzy Dunlop said:

Not a lot of excitement from me at this point. I would say most of you aren't very excited right now either considering hardly anyone has posted the past few games. Not much *****ing and moaning leads me to believe I am not alone in my ambivalence. I'm going to continue to watch when I can, especially when Lynn pitches, bit if I can't catch a game, oh well.
damn late starts
Slamn Sharpe
Texas 3
SF 1

Top of 3rd
Slamn Sharpe
Onto the 4th. Allard has a pitch count of 52

Texas 3
SF 1
Slamn Sharpe
What's yalls opinion on Solak?
Slamn Sharpe
SAMARDZIJA has thrown 62
xjrayx
AG
CHOOOOOO!!!!
Slamn Sharpe
HOMERUN CHOO!

Texas 5
SF 1

Top of 5th. 1 out
Slamn Sharpe
Bottom of the 5th

Texas 5
SF 1
Slamn Sharpe
Gibaut now pitching
PatAg
AG
I love when they show their super fancy suites in promos of the stadium. Your fanbase doesn't care about that.
Slamn Sharpe
Frazier looks at ball 1, swings and flies out on pitch #2
Slamn Sharpe
Triggs in to pitch. Rangers have 2 on and 2 outs
Slamn Sharpe
The start of the bottom of the 6th

Texas 5
SF 2
Slamn Sharpe
Texas 5
SF 3
Slamn Sharpe
Chavez in for Gibaut... thank God! Gibaut was terrible
xjrayx
AG
Welp, Chavez blows the lead...

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.