***** Official 2020 Texas Rangers Season Thread *****

172,171 Views | 3272 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BCSWguru
Old Tom Morris
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I just look at that list and even with Lynn and Gallo, barely see a start toward digging out of this hole in return trade value. Doesn't mean don't do it, but FFS, it is going to be bad here for a long time. Depressing
Grapesoda2525
https://www.lonestarball.com/2020/8/30/21408066/texas-rangers-trade-rumors-rougned-odor-mike-minor-toronto-blue-jays-baltimore-orioles

Rangers are trying to move the little stinker.

I'm just sick of the guy wasting our at bats.
J.P. 03
AG
Saw "odor" and "Toronto blue jays" in that URL and thought we were on the verge of one of the greatest clubhouse chemistry experiments in quite some time
J.P. 03
AG
And this emoji is in response to the possibility of trading him for Chris Davis.
Grapesoda2525
J.P. 03 said:

Saw "odor" and "Toronto blue jays" in that URL and thought we were on the verge of one of the greatest clubhouse chemistry experiments in quite some time
The rangers will pay Odor $26 million of what he's owed and the blue jays will chip in the last million just so the rangers can trade Odor to the jays and the jays can be the ones to DFA Odor.
Seven Costanza
AG
If a trade was Minor + Odor in exchange for nothing, I wonder how much money the Rangers would have throw in.
jtstanley4621
AG
Gallo, Calhoun, Solak, Elvis, Taveras, Trevino.

That is the list of guys on the roster right now that I qualify as winning pieces I would prefer to keep. We do have a few good prospects (Jung, Huff and Crouse specifically I'm interested in), but it is very clear we are lacking firepower in our farm system in a major way.

This team is not competing for anything this year, or next year barring some crazy turnaround. We need an injection of prospects. By the way if we trade Lynn I'd have to think the resulting SP rotation would be easily the worst in the majors
Schall 02
AG
jtstanley4621 said:

By the way if we trade Lynn I'd have to think the resulting SP rotation would be easily the worst in the majors

Good. Better draft pick.
Grapesoda2525
jtstanley4621 said:

Gallo, Calhoun, Solak, Elvis, Taveras, Trevino.

That is the list of guys on the roster right now that I qualify as winning pieces I would prefer to keep. We do have a few good prospects (Jung, Huff and Crouse specifically I'm interested in), but it is very clear we are lacking firepower in our farm system in a major way.

This team is not competing for anything this year, or next year barring some crazy turnaround. We need an injection of prospects. By the way if we trade Lynn I'd have to think the resulting SP rotation would be easily the worst in the majors
We need to get off the treadmill of mediocrity.

The last few years, the rangers haven't been nearly good enough to make the playoffs, but not bad enough to receive a good draft pick.

Something needs to change.
Legal Custodian
AG
I just have no faith in our front office to make any good deals today. I expect maybe one to two trades today that bags us 2-3 middle of the road prospects.

All that talk last night about possibly trading everybody got my hopes way too high, I'm just not expecting much now.
PatAg
AG
Isn't our front office ultimately hamstrung by the ownership?
bigcat22
AG
Welp, here we go. Let's hope something big happens to help us get out of baseball purgatory

hawk1689
AG
Schall 02 said:

jtstanley4621 said:

By the way if we trade Lynn I'd have to think the resulting SP rotation would be easily the worst in the majors

Good. Better draft pick.

If there's ever a year to tank...this is it.
xjrayx
AG

First action of the day
KT 90
AG
xjrayx said:

First action of the day

2 PTBNL's.... so we can't ***** about the return or celebrate the return until "later"....
Old Tom Morris
Minor was very much a PTBNL guy this year. I wonder if that will be contingent upon what he delivers for Oak balance of year, since that is very much a question.
KT 90
AG
KT 90 said:

xjrayx said:

First action of the day

2 PTBNL's.... so we can't ***** about the return or celebrate the return until "later"....

FYI:

jtstanley4621
AG
If you're trading Minor you may as well trade Lynn too. Let the tanking formally commence
Proposition Joe
The underwhelming return we likely got for Minor is all the proof you need that Lynn absolutely has to be dealt this deadline. You hold onto your trade chips while staring down non-playoff future years and 9 times outta 10 the chip will either lose value or you'll run into a "buyers market".
KT 90
AG
jtstanley4621 said:

If you're trading Minor you may as well trade Lynn too. Let the tanking formally commence

Agreed on that. I don't have an issue keeping Gallo if the right deal isn't there, but we need to cash in on Lynn.
bigcat22
AG
echoing the PTBNL post from above, which that doesn't indicate the talent level of the return, Minor is just a rental in a goofy season so we shouldn't expect too much

Proposition Joe
And that seems to be mirrored here:

toucan82
KT 90 said:

KT 90 said:

xjrayx said:

First action of the day

FYI:

good prospect, bad prospect... we'll still develop them into below average major league players
xjrayx
AG

The rumored return for Minor.
xjrayx
AG
Per Levi, the #13 and #19 prospects in the A's system. Meh.
Baby Billy
AG
xjrayx said:

Minor isn't exactly a hot commodity. He's an old, washed up starting pitcher with mediocre, 4th or 5th starter type stuff.
xjrayx
AG
I agree. Mainly meh because we probably could have done a lot better had we traded him last year.
Proposition Joe
Robbie Ray moved.

Getting a little too close to the deadline for my tastes.
xjrayx
AG
Just had the same thought. The closer it gets to the deadline, the more pessimistic I am getting.
gomerschlep
AG
toucan82 said:

KT 90 said:

KT 90 said:

xjrayx said:

First action of the day

FYI:

good prospect, bad prospect... we'll still develop them into below average major league players rising stars who stall after 3 years in the majors, are traded, and then immediately become all-stars
FIFY
bigcat22
AG
Yes Please

vette
AG
Watch the Rangers not trade Gallo nor Lynn
wbt5845
AG
xjrayx said:

For a 6 week rental of a #5 starter - I'll take it.
bigcat22
AG
As noted in the below tweet, Rangers are definitely in the driver's seat with the best commodity left on the board. Would be inexcusable to not get a Lynn deal done.

wbt5845
AG
vette said:

Watch the Rangers not trade Gallo nor Lynn

Not trading Gallo is ok. Not trading Lynn is inexcusable.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.