***** Official 2020 Texas Rangers Season Thread *****

172,417 Views | 3272 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BCSWguru
TXAggie2011
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I think they're trying to ensure the topic keeps getting discussed and keeps showing up in the headlines, and I think they're trying to get across to all those who need or want them on the court (owners, sponsors, fans, etc.) that they want their concerns taken seriously and addressed.

Quote:

How does not playing a baseball game achieve your stated objectives? All it does is alienate fans, that have already been pushed to the edge of not giving a damn because of "wokeness" and cause potential harm to their brand.

I'm certain they realize there is a section of the population---one you might find tends to hang out a lot on the TexAgs politics board---that will find a problem with anything short of shutting up and playing. I don't they're naive about that and those folks aren't their intended audience.
Trucker 96
Cops shouldn't shoot black guys going for a knife. That is the lesson they are teaching us this week
CampingAg
AG
I was gonna watch the MLB and the NBA tonight, but since they're woke and not playing, I guess I'm gonna have to watch the RNC. I bet that wasn't the result the protesters had in mind.
Trucker 96
CampingAg said:

I was gonna watch the MLB and the NBA tonight, but since they're woke and not playing, I guess I'm gonna have to watch the RNC. I bet that wasn't the result the protesters had in mind.

LOL. There is a lot of truth to this
Law Hall 69-72
AG
JimmyD96 said:

Cops shouldn't shoot black guys going for a knife. That is the lesson they are teaching us this week
Bassackwards. Maybe the lesson is to not go for a knife when police have their guns pointed at you.
Trucker 96
It should be but none of thess woketards seem too worried about that one. That would require acknowledging facts and reality.
jtstanley4621
AG
Can we for the love of G O D stop with these stupid political discussions? This is a baseball thread. I hate to break it to you guys, but there is literally NO part of me that comes on to Texags wanting to hear political discussions of any sort
Trucker 96
Yes, let's talk about last night's game
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
To be fair, it's not really our fault. MLB and the teams has brought this on us and made it political.
Aggie_3
JimmyD96 said:

Yes, let's talk about last night's game
Aggie_3
This franchise ****ing sucks so bad right now. Literally our only hope is for ownership to sell the club and let someone like Cuban who wants to own a baseball team buy and then gut the front office except for AccidentProne
xjrayx
AG
Leody with the home run robbery!!
KT 90
AG
xjrayx said:

Leody with the home run robbery!!

he also created the first run for the Rangers tonight. Beat out an infield single; then stole second; then scored on a single to LF. Having some speed is a nice thing to have

KT 90
AG
Nice outing for Minor: 6IP, 4H, 0Runs...... good enough to make him tradeable? Doubt it, too little too late, the deadline is MOnday and it'll take more than one good start to get a decent return for him.

KT 90
AG
Rodriguez gives up two runs in the 7th, tied now 2-2, Dodgers still batting in the 7th.

xjrayx
AG
Dietrich comes through to bail Joely out.
xjrayx
AG

Wow. **** cancer.
KT 90
AG
Solak with a big hit to make it 5-2 Rangers

Quincey P. Morris
AG
I couldn't believe that.
Grapesoda2525
Montero looks sharp
KT 90
AG
6-2 Final. Rangers win, Lynn the bump tomorrow.

Grapesoda2525
xjrayx said:

Wow. **** cancer.
Damn that sucks.

Took me awhile to remember who he is because I'm not a big super hero fan. I have seen black panther tho. He was great in that movie.
Grapesoda2525
Would really like to see Choo traded for anything we could get.

He just doesn't fit in on this team which is going nowhere. He should be playing in the playoffs.
Proposition Joe
The only aspect of a trade Choo would be involved in would be us trading a better player and forcing the team to take Choo off our hands too.
sburg2007
Anyone going to texas live! Or be around the ballpark today or tomorrow? They're doing a $25 promo for "dueling aces" bobblehead probably knowing they won't be able to next year or possibly even next week. I'm stuck at work prepping for football in two weeks (hopefully.)
xjrayx
AG

Not really a fan of trading Lynn this year because I'm just not sure we'd get enough to really make it worthwhile, but it looks like a bidding war might be brewing. So maybe that will work out in our favor.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
My think is he's old enough that I think you have to at least factor in him not being this good next year. If you've got an offer you're ok with I think you strike while the iron's hot.

My concern is MLBTR has an article saying the White Sox are interested. Our luck would be they trade and get Mazara back.
xjrayx
AG
Yea, I totally agree about risking him not being as good next year/moving forward. I just wish that he was having this year during a full season where there would be a full trade market. I just feel like teams won't be willing to give up as much because the rest of this season is so short.
Trucker 96
You listen to every offer but if it only draws low ceiling meh prospects, there's not much point in dealing him because that does nothing for you. Definitely a buyers market year
Grapesoda2525
xjrayx said:

Not really a fan of trading Lynn this year because I'm just not sure we'd get enough to really make it worthwhile, but it looks like a bidding war might be brewing. So maybe that will work out in our favor.
The dodgers should blow us away with a good offer, Lynn pitches his ass off, and we all enjoy watching him beat the astros / Yankees in the World Series.

If I'm the dodgers, and I think Lynn puts us over the hump, I'd pay a premium. Championships are worth trading good prospects for.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
And I don't think the teams are viewing this as some invalid championship like a lot of fans are claiming to.
wbt5845
AG
Choo - LF
Solak - 2B
Frazier - 3B
Gallo - RF
IKF - SS
Dietrich - DH
Chirinos - C
Guzman - 1B
Taveras - CF

I like this line up with the exception of playing Chirinos, but he normally catches Lynn so OK. Guzman is one of those guys the Rangers need to have produce if they're going to build with this group.

IF they are going to win with the guys coming up - led by Gallo (RF) - it'll take Guzman (1B), Taveras (CF), Solak (2B), Jung (3B) and Huff (C). A LF, SS and pitching are certainly possible FA acquisitions.
wbt5845
AG
So if the Dodgers really want Lynn, we could use a SS prospect. We're not getting Lux, but how about Jacob Amaya, along with perhaps a younger pitching prospect?
KT 90
AG
Guzman Homer's on the first pitch he sees after being called back up
KT 90
AG
Leody follows with a HR on the first pitch he sees... wow

3-2 Dodgers now

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.