***** Official 2020 Texas Rangers Season Thread *****

172,496 Views | 3272 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BCSWguru
Legal Custodian
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Seven Costanza said:

I know that it's technically a bad angle, but I actually prefer the off-set camera position. It fills the screen better and makes you feel closer to the game.

I agree. But I think it's a slight preference in my book. I honestly don't mind either
Legal Custodian
AG
We are making this pitcher work. 45+ pitches thru 2 innings. First time I remember that happening all year.
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
Doing a good job of putting the ball in play and moving runners.

2-1 good guys.
KT 90
AG
Bingo Bango Bongo said:

Alternate fssw

Yep, 675 on Directv
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
The strike zone is crap. Numerous bad calls to speed up the game.
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
The umps must have come from the alternative training site. What a terrible call at first. Glad replay overturned it.
Trucker 96
Does this ump have a plane to catch? That did not look like a swing
Trucker 96
Rhads is wondering around trying to do bits in an empty stadium nearly 2000 miles away from the game being played. Somewhere Jim Knox is laughing
KT 90
AG
So whatever happened to "Knoxie"?
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
I guess we've decided to save our bullpen for the rest of the weekend.
Trucker 96
KT 90 said:

I think he had an ownership interest in several Golds Gyms, so I assume he's been focused on that. But the past several months couldnt have been kind. Hope the dude is okay
Grapesoda2525
KT 90 said:

Can't imagine any ranger fans actually missing the guy or his segments. His whole schtick was finding the "story" within the ballpark not related to the game. I got sick of hearing about some random couple who drove from Alaska to see the rangers for the 200th time or the couple who is spending their honeymoon with the rangers. Typically very boring stuff.
Trucker 96
Perhaps you havent been paying attention the past 3 years, but Emily Jones has been doing the same thing. But unless Emily is going to soap up those honkers, Knoxie is/was more entertaining at it
PatAg
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

KT 90 said:

Can't imagine any ranger fans actually missing the guy or his segments. His whole schtick was finding the "story" within the ballpark not related to the game. I got sick of hearing about some random couple who drove from Alaska to see the rangers for the 200th time or the couple who is spending their honeymoon with the rangers. Typically very boring stuff.
Is there anything you like?

also I think knoxie has just been on a 2 year coke bender. probably wandering the desert right now
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
PatAg said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

KT 90 said:

also I think knoxie has just been on a 2 year coke bender. probably wandering the desert right now

He likes pot.
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
The good ole Odor K to end the game with RiSP. Granted, the game was pretty much lost. Anyone else think Chironos could have legged out a 3B on the hit to RF. I guess he's getting old and maybe his legs just don't work. Has he always positioned himself on one knee behind the plate or is that new?
Law Hall 69-72
AG
Fuzzy Dunlop said:

PatAg said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

KT 90 said:

He likes pot.
And posting about it even more.
Proposition Joe
PatAg said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

KT 90 said:

With a dog on a skateboard no doubt.
Baby Billy
AG
God I was hoping this would be better. We're really, really bad.

Sell everyone and build up the farm as much as you can, or we'll be stuck in the top half of the bottom third for the next 20 years
Proposition Joe
I mean, its a perfect year to sell early. No impact on 2020 turnstiles, and minimal 2021 impact since expectations will be dreadfully low anyways.
Grapesoda2525
Bingo Bango Bongo said:

Perhaps you havent been paying attention the past 3 years, but Emily Jones has been doing the same thing. But unless Emily is going to soap up those honkers, Knoxie is/was more entertaining at it
She's better at it because she's less noticeable.

Knoxie would be doing it during the middle of other teams at bats and he would actually interfere with the game. Emily usually tries to get it done before people are hitting.
Grapesoda2525
PatAg said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

KT 90 said:

I pretty much hate everything about this team right now, but I like the game of baseball.

I'm not going to be one of those loser fans who switches teams because my team stinks, but it's past time for these owners and this front office to make a move that actually excites the fan base. The people of Arlington stepped up to the plate and helped give these miserly stooges a brand new stadium.

The front office repaid that effort with a half ass chase of Anthony rendon, and a barely interested pursuit of Nick castellanos. With the exception of tonight, we've been losing because of our lineup. Those 2 guys would have helped us tremendously and the front office didn't try very hard. The team can't even put up the standard 3 runs a game that your average lineup puts out on a daily basis.

Everyone should be grateful that we have a shortened season because watching these guys for 162 games would've been very difficult. The rangers have always been able to put up runs, even when we suck. Now, we seem to have even lost that ability...... and yeah I'm not taking it well. I'm freaking pissed about it because it was a very avoidable problem.

EastSideAg2002
Grapesoda2525 said:

PatAg said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

KT 90 said:

I pretty much hate everything about this team right now, but I like the game of baseball.

I'm not going to be one of those loser fans who switches teams because my team stinks, but it's past time for these owners and this front office to make a move that actually excites the fan base. The people of Arlington stepped up to the plate and helped give these miserly stooges a brand new stadium.

The front office repaid that effort with a half ass chase of Anthony rendon, and a barely interested pursuit of Nick castellanos. With the exception of tonight, we've been losing because of our lineup. Those 2 guys would have helped us tremendously and the front office didn't try very hard. The team can't even put up the standard 3 runs a game that your average lineup puts out on a daily basis.

Everyone should be grateful that we have a shortened season because watching these guys for 162 games would've been very difficult. The rangers have always been able to put up runs, even when we suck. Now, we seem to have even lost that ability...... and yeah I'm not taking it well. I'm freaking pissed about it because it was a very avoidable problem.

Ownership wanted the new stadium with the crap payroll to sell the team.
Grapesoda2525
EastSideAg2002 said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

PatAg said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

KT 90 said:

Ownership wanted the new stadium with the crap payroll to sell the team.
Haven't seen them sell the team yet. Until then, I have all the right in the world to complain about how much those guys suck.
dave94
AG
The way it should've gone, how every new stadium team does it, is do something (anything) to fire up the fanbase.

I'm almost glad that Covid is effing up the inaugural season of the GiLF. This ownership group deserves to take a loss after not ponying up for any real frontline free agents.

They are basically Tom Hicks 2.0
Grapesoda2525
dave94 said:

The way it should've gone, how every new stadium team does it, is do something (anything) to fire up the fanbase.

I'm almost glad that Covid is effing up the inaugural season of the GiLF. This ownership group deserves to take a loss after not ponying up for any real frontline free agents.

They are basically Tom Hicks 2.0
I won't lie to you. After our "offseason" if you want to call it that. I was hoping the entire season would be canceled.

I hate Covid 19 and I want it to be dealt with ASAP, but the reality is that the virus has saved us all from a truly brutal baseball season.

The front office fails on all fronts because not only are they not upgrading the team, but they're also not tanking either. You generally want to be in the top 10 teams of the league and if you're not, you want to be at or near the bottom 5 so that you can rebuild.

The rangers often fall in that 17-23 overall range which is just about the worst spot a team can end up at.
Daveintx
Honestly, I wish Greenberg wouldn't have been forced out of the ownership group. Yes, he stuck his nose in the GMs business, but he generally seemed to care about the fans and the game (is he still part owner in Frisco?)
AgsWin2011
AG
You know when Refsnyder is your DH tonight, your team just flat out sucks. I mean I know Danny Santana has struggled big time, but I'd rather give him a chance to break out of his funk. He hasn't played the past 2-3 games so I guess Woodward has already given up on him.
Danny Vermin
The Toddfather!!
bert harbinson
AG
Rangers up 2-0, running with wild abandon.
gigem1223
Wonder what it's like to have a catcher that can hit over the Mendoza line?
AgsWin2011
AG
bert harbinson said:

Rangers up 2-0, running with wild abandon.

They got extremely lucky. That's the way baseball go.

With that said they probably won't score again.
Bob Loblaws Law Blog
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

Bingo Bango Bongo said:

She's better at it because she's less noticeable.

Knoxie would be doing it during the middle of other teams at bats and he would actually interfere with the game. Emily usually tries to get it done before people are hitting.

You prefer Emily Jones over Jim Knox? That's a bad take. Knox had a knack for for finding the weirdest people in the crowd and providing a laugh, which is usually necessary during a boring four hour baseball game.
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
The 2-0 lead evaporated quickly.

gigem1223
Rougie strains his oblique. Dropping like flies

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.