***** Official 2020 Texas Rangers Season Thread *****

170,618 Views | 3272 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BCSWguru
Trucker 96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Little bit scary on that DP throw. Nice job by Odor to react to that and keep his cool to turn it
gigem1223
Been awhile since I've looked forward to watching our closer pitch every night
gigem1223
Errors have killed this team all year
gigem1223
Montero is so good
xjrayx
AG
Hello win column!! 3 straight series wins!
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Fire up the pat green
xjrayx
AG
Danny Vermin
I'm seriously considering getting a jersey with his name on it. He's freaking great and highly entertaining. Dude needs his own cam.
Seven Costanza
AG
xjrayx said:

I had the same thought earlier. "Left-handed hitter, second baseman, giant chain, and terrible haircut; Rougie has to feel threatened."
xjrayx
AG
Haha same. Just looking at him you kind of think he might be a super arrogant dbag, but he seems super humble, and grateful to be here. Quickly becoming a big fan of his.

Legal Custodian
AG
Was asked about his comment on being welcomed by the clubhouse and makes it easier, and if that comment is indicative of how other teams treated him.

He responded saying, "I don't want to mention other teams, but I loved the Reds organization. Everyone there and the clubhouse treated me great. I won't talk about the other team."

Just threw the Cubs under the bus
gigem1223
7-1 in last 8. May not last long but feels good to have a winning ball club.
Grapesoda2525
Legal Custodian said:

Was asked about his comment on being welcomed by the clubhouse and makes it easier, and if that comment is indicative of how other teams treated him.

He responded saying, "I don't want to mention other teams, but I loved the Reds organization. Everyone there and the clubhouse treated me great. I won't talk about the other team."

I noticed that too. Very funny! I enjoyed it because the Cubs have won some trades with us unfortunately.
alvtimes
Legal Custodian said:

I assumed it was Marlins??????
Legal Custodian
AG
alvtimes said:

Legal Custodian said:

I assumed it was Marlins??????

He was with cubs earlier this year, so I assumed it was them he was referencing
Grapesoda2525
Dietrich has had more of an impact on this team in 3 games than Odor has all season.
Legal Custodian
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

Dietrich has had more of an impact on this team in 3 games than Odor has the past two seasons .

FIFY
gigem1223
Rangers are 3-0 with Trevino behind the plate. PT? Give it to him.
Grapesoda2525
gigem1223 said:

I've been saying for weeks that he should play.

Chirinos looks old, worn down, and over the hill. Mathis isn't a good hitter, but he's gotten a few lucky hits so far this season.

94chem
Grapesoda2525 said:

gigem1223 said:

I've been saying for weeks that he should play.

Chirinos looks old, worn down, and over the hill. Mathis isn't a good hitter, but he's gotten a few lucky hits so far this season.

Chirinos is 36 years old. I said when they signed him that there's now way I'd plan on a 36 year old as my primary catcher. He is in there to ambush a fastball periodically as a PH, and spot start at 1B or or catch on getaway days.
94chem
Grapesoda2525 said:

Dietrich has had more of an impact on this team in 3 games than Odor has all season.

Is he wearing the HR chain?
Grapesoda2525
94chem said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

I don't care what he wears as long as he hits.
_lefraud_
AG
94chem said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

Naw, he's wearing Odor's manhood
KT 90
AG

Sounds like he's not quite ready. I'd say wait another day or two if so. I feel like we may have rushed Calhoun back the way he struggled at first, but now Calhoun is looking like himself again at the plate. Let's not rush Santana back for a repeat of that (obviously I'm reading between the lines on this tweet).
KT 90
AG
Ouch....

KT 90
AG
IKF with the day off today:

South Platte
KT 90 said:

Can the DH be used to hit in place of a position player (Odor) and let our pitcher hit? These guys are usually pretty good bunters and would be batting 9th instead of 6th.

Yes, it's really gotten that bad.
Grapesoda2525
South Platte said:

KT 90 said:

Can the DH be used to hit in place of a position player (Odor) and let our pitcher hit? These guys are usually pretty good bunters and would be batting 9th instead of 6th.

I don't know why they keep hitting him 6th when he leaves at least 3-5 people on base per game.

They should at least move him down in the order if the front office is making sure he's in the lineup.
Grapesoda2525
KT 90 said:

Sounds like he's not quite ready. I'd say wait another day or two if so. I feel like we may have rushed Calhoun back the way he struggled at first, but now Calhoun is looking like himself again at the plate. Let's not rush Santana back for a repeat of that (obviously I'm reading between the lines on this tweet).

After watching Santana last year, I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt for the first few games this season and assume that he was doing that poorly because of his injury.

I agree, no need to rush him back right now.
gigem1223
Grapesoda2525 said:

South Platte said:

KT 90 said:

I don't know why they keep hitting him 6th when he leaves at least 3-5 people on base per game.

They should at least move him down in the order if the front office is making sure he's in the lineup.

Odor has had a hit in his last 2 games and has also had some pretty good ABs (working counts). Hopefully he's on the verge of getting hot.
gigem1223
KT 90 said:

Ouch....

Been *****ing about this most the year. Elvis has got to get better.
Grapesoda2525
Meanwhile.......

KT 90
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

Meanwhile.......

Yeah, he seemingly peaked at a young age. Not a bad hitter, but when you factor in that he is a liability on the bases and with the glove, it was good to trade him given our abundance of LH bats in prior years.
KT 90
AG
Santana activated....

Seven Costanza
AG
Mazara was remarkably consistent in his four seasons, albeit consistently mediocre. Each season was almost identical from a BA/OBP/SLG standpoint.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.