***Official 2020-2021 Dallas Mavericks Season Thread***

174,774 Views | 2549 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by MW03
Ol Jock 99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
You aren't along. I looked at his contract today. Locked up.
PatAg
AG
mavsfan4ever said:

PatAg said:

mavsfan4ever said:

I like lonzo's fit on this team. Not much out there this year. I'm just praying we don't do something dumb like sign derozan.
Why would he be dumb, because he is the exact kind of player that would fit well with Luka.

Disagree. He doesn't space the floor at all and isn't a good defender. That's not the type of player I'd want with Luka. And he's about to be 32 so you'd be paying him big money for years 32-35.

I know he always plays great against us. But I wouldn't want him.
I dont know why I thought he was a good 3 pt shooter, I must have fonused him with someone else. I also thought he was closer to 28
PatAg
AG
They fed KP down low, he cant do **** currently. He COULD develop that part of his game, we will see.

Obviously Donnie is not going to say "KP played poorly" as that would only further tank any position we might take trying to trade him (if we did)
Saint Pablo
dave94
AG
So what did the coach have to say on Norm's show this morning?
mavsfan4ever
AG
I didn't hear Norm's interview with Rick yet but will probably listen to it tonight.

But I did get even more frustrated/depressed from listening to Bad Radio and the Hardline last night lol. I agreed 100% with all of Bob's points in the 1-2 segments where they were dissecting all of the very strange decisions that Carlisle made throughout the series, especially in Game 7.

None of them were calling for Carlisle to be fired but were at least questioning it (Bob did at one point say that after thinking everything over he was left with the feeling that he wanted Carlisle gone, but then quickly walked it back). They were more just completely befuddled with all of his decisions and had no explanation whatsoever for them.
mavsfan4ever
AG
https://www.theringer.com/2021/6/7/22522190/luka-doncic-dallas-mavericks

Decent article on how Luka will eventually need to take a little bit of a backseat if we ever want a true second star to want to come here and play with him. Compares him to Lebron and Harden earlier in their careers. I somewhat agree with their point, but it's so early in his career that I'm not worried about it yet.
hph6203
AG
Luka needs a second ball handler so he can work off ball more often and not have to carry so much of the load. That adjustment will solve so much for the Mavericks. Should be attainable this off-season.
MW03
AG
hph6203 said:

Luka needs a second ball handler so he can work off ball more often and not have to carry so much of the load. That adjustment will solve so much for the Mavericks. Should be attainable this off-season.

hph6203
AG
Would be pumped, just think he's going to stay in New York until he retires.
MW03
AG
Yeah, he loves it there. I can dream though.
PatAg
AG
hph6203 said:

I think he also proven to be willing to let Brunson/Hardawy take turns, they just aren't good enough players. Great role players though.

I dont know how we do it, but they need to be basically Bradley Beal.
Great scorer, good ball handling, good 3 pt shooting, good defense.

and then an athletic/mobile big
mavsfan4ever
AG
Yea Beal is ideal to pair with Luka. Unfortunately there is no one even close to Beal in free agency. It's unfortunate that the free agent class is so bad when we finally have a little money to play with. This free agent class blows.
MW03
AG
PatAg
AG
MW03 said:

Let me add a qualifier...an athletic/mobile big on defense
Ol Jock 99
AG
https://www.dallasnews.com/sports/mavericks/2021/06/08/early-outlook-for-mavs-2021-22-roster-contracts-under-salary-cap-potential-for-8-free-agents-5-extensions/?fbclid=IwAR1-9RWbYMH9SQ7sAxaExsat6dGIhRtDHSkgccWnhma6xKfw6ztJUwNVA4U

Nothing earth shattering, but a good "down the roster" breakdown.
EconAg18
AG
MavsAg
AG
I was listening to The Ticket at lunch. Apparently, Dan saw a Lambo pull into Rick's spot as he was getting to work. He waited to see who got out...it was Luka and there were 5 spots available right next to Rick's.
M.C. Swag
AG
oh come on lol
MookieBlaylock
AG
MavsAg said:

I was listening to The Ticket at lunch. Apparently, Dan saw a Lambo pull into Rick's spot as he was getting to work. He waited to see who got out...it was Luka and there were 5 spots available right next to Rick's.

The old Dante Hall parking job

True Anomaly
AG
MavsAg said:

That's both not good and hilarious
Saint Pablo
Phat32
PatAg
AG
Is that a joke tweet?
J.P. 03
AG
What do y'all think about these Porzingis-for-Kemba Walker rumors that have been floating around the last couple of days? Is it worth trading a young, oft-injured big man with a huge contract for an older, oft-injured ball handler with a huge contract?
hph6203
AG
Think if you go Kemba then you're also saying goodbye to Hardaway and trying to get someone like Markkanen to make up for what you lost with KP and a defensive big or SG to round out the roster.

PG: Kemba
SG: Luka
SF: DFS
PF: Markkanen
C: Kleber? WCS?

Throw 14-15 per at Markkanen, and 14-15 per at another big or THJ if he'll accept that low of an offer. That's be a pretty big dice roll on health with that group, but I think it could be pretty filthy on offense.
Trucker 96
PatAg said:

Is that a joke tweet?

Might want to nudge that sarcasm detector knob from 0 to 1
Saint Pablo
Kemba blows. I think I'd rather have a big that blows than a ball handed that blows next to Luka? But idk. I have a fantasy that we somehow get Sabonis or Myles Turner from Indy, but I know that'll never happen.
J.P. 03
AG
If it makes you feel any better, that level of delusion is nothing compared to the amount required in my dream scenario: the Clippers get swept and Kawhi opts out so he can come join Luka in Dallas. Totally realistic and totally happening, guys.
HawthornAggie
AG
J.P. 03 said:

If it makes you feel any better, that level of delusion is nothing compared to the amount required in my dream scenario: the Clippers get swept and Kawhi opts out so he can come join Luka in Dallas. Totally realistic and totally happening, guys.

Is it sad I've thought of the same scenario? Oh and also the nuggets get swept and Jokic demands a trade to the Mavs to also play with Luka.
Saint Pablo
HawthornAggie said:

J.P. 03 said:

Is it sad I've thought of the same scenario? Oh and also the nuggets get swept and Jokic demands a trade to the Mavs to also play with Luka.
A Luka led super team with kawhi and jokic. Would love it
PatAg
AG
Fore Left! said:

PatAg said:

Is that a joke tweet?

Might want to nudge that sarcasm detector knob from 0 to 1
If you read this thread, or twitter in general this year, you would understand why I'm asking.
Infection_Ag11
AG
HawthornAggie said:

J.P. 03 said:

We could nickname the 2022 Mavericks "The Eastern Bloc"
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Ol Jock 99
AG
https://theathletic.com/2649806/2021/06/14/inside-the-mavericks-front-office-mark-cubans-shadow-gm-is-causing-a-rift-with-luka-doncic/?source=user_shared_article

Interesting peak behind the scenes.
EconAg18
AG
Unsure if anyone here just read the article on The Athletic about a rift forming between Luka and members of the front office, but wow, I did not expect to learn today that a sports gambler has been given control of selecting our starting lineups at times, and that our GM has to receive approval from the gambler before making a trade or signing.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.