***Official 2020-2021 Dallas Mavericks Season Thread***

174,645 Views | 2549 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by MW03
Jimmy McNulty
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Good. Scrap it all outside of Luka.
MW03
AG
Saint Pablo
Curious to see what else shakes out after that Boston move. No way they hold Al Horford, Robert Williams, Moses Brown, and TT, right? Would we be interested in any of these guys?
M.C. Swag
AG
Iowaggie said:

EconAg18 said:

Has this been confirmed by any other sources besides KOC?
Lol KOC was wrong. There's been no official word on Voulgaris. I would be shocked if he's still around though.

Trucker 96
Can't keep Bob regardless, because if you keep him, then he's the guy that "won" and is the big swinging D there which signals to the new GM and coach that they aren't really in charge. Plus, you just can't let someone involved with the poison that just went down stay
MW03
AG
Saint Pablo said:

Curious to see what else shakes out after that Boston move. No way they hold Al Horford, Robert Williams, Moses Brown, and TT, right? Would we be interested in any of these guys?

Aggie connection aside, I'd be interested in a healthy timelord.
Saint Pablo
MW03 said:

Saint Pablo said:

Aggie connection aside, I'd be interested in a healthy timelord.
Same! He is a blast to watch, cheap, and could develop into a stud.
Trucker 96
Given Bob's contract is up anyway, he may just be one that quietly disappears unannounced, which may be why there's some conflicting noise
BallerStaf2003
AG
It seems if we have someone this well respected by players (and Luka) , in the organization, and a minority candidate, it's almost like we have to hire him, right?

Just for the record, I'm totally good with Mosley being the coach, I just am worried about the potential optics if we don't hire him.

EconAg18
AG
This is good!

Saint Pablo
BallerStaf2003 said:

It seems if we have someone this well respected by players (and Luka) , in the organization, and a minority candidate, it's almost like we have to hire him, right?

Just for the record, I'm totally good with Mosley being the coach, I just am worried about the potential optics if we don't hire him.

I feel like this might be the best move, it seems like the current team loves him, and people around the league love him from his stint in Cleveland and involvement with the Olympic team in 2018.
EconAg18
AG
So I have a coworker who is the daughter-in-law of John Beilein. The story she told me of his tenure is very different than the story that got pushed out in the media. Tristan Thompson is a POS, and if he is pushing for someone to be hired I don't think I want them.
Saint Pablo
EconAg18 said:

This is good!

Love this.
fightinags2013
AG
Hep us Obi-Wan Dirk. You're our only hope
BallerStaf2003
AG
It seems like the only move though, doesn't it?

If we had trouble signing free agents before, imagine if we hire a white dude and let Mobley walk!
BallerStaf2003
AG
EconAg18 said:

So I have a coworker who is the daughter-in-law of John Beilein. The story she told me of his tenure is very different than the story that got pushed out in the media. Tristan Thompson is a POS, and if he is pushing for someone to be hired I don't think I want them.

I mean, you can't really dismiss a guy bc a POS likes him.

Marcus Morris LOVES Boban. Do you dislike Boban for that reason?
M.C. Swag
AG
BallerStaf2003 said:

If we had trouble signing free agents before, imagine if we hire a white dude and let Mobley walk!
Nothing matters more than making Luka happy. First we need to find a GM. Once we do that, we can involve luka with any HC decisions. Bring in a bunch of candidates, have them sit down with Luka and if says he still wants to go Mosley and they have the new GMs blessing, then so be it. The most important player we need to appease is Luka. FAs come 2nd.
Saint Pablo
BallerStaf2003 said:

It is starting to feel that way.

It would be incredible if we could land Masai as a GM...hopefully Cuban can commit to taking a back seat to make that happen.
Saint Pablo
M.C. Swag said:

BallerStaf2003 said:

Nothing matters more than making Luka happy. First we need to find a GM. Once we do that, we can involve luka with any HC decisions. Bring in a bunch of candidates, have them sit down with Luka and if says he still wants to go Mosley and they have the new GMs blessing, then so be it. The most important player we need to appease is Luka. FAs come 2nd.
1000%
EconAg18
AG
Everyone loves Boban though
M.C. Swag
AG
EconAg18 said:

Everyone loves Boban though
Lol after all this crazy turmoil i legit think Boban is the safest player on the Mavs roster. 0% chance the Mavs jettison Luka's BFF after all this bull*****
Saint Pablo
hph6203
AG
No way the Mavs send a pick for Kemba.
awrollins
If you guys are bored here's a link to watch Luka play for the Slovenian national team against Croatia!
https://t.co/R6DKRO2ONU
Saint Pablo
Thank you!
PatAg
AG
Ol Jock 99 said:

Tim McMann on Hardline: "Mavs realistically have 3 years to prove to Luka that they are a champion organization. The good news, they have the toughest piece already."
You want to talk about hack, Tim MaMahon is a hack.
PatAg
AG
sincereag said:

I think we can all agree that the current regime wasn't building the right team around Luka. But whomever decided to trade Seth Curry for Josh Richardson is the biggest reason this team was out again in Rd 1. If Seth was still here shooting 3's on assists from Luka this team would still be playing. . It would have also created more spacing to free up KP to be more involved as the #2 guy...Just my opinion.
Especially since Richardson didnt seem to do any of the things we allegedly made the trade for. That reeks of a BOb the gambler influenced decision
PatAg
AG
94chem said:

Saint Pablo said:

Looks like a Kemba-KP swap is off the table.
Good. Name all the things on a basketball court that Dirk did, that KP can't do as well or better. I'm not delusional. I didn't say KP is doing all of those things.

Good managers keep the talent happy.
Mid-block post up
Recognizing and passing out of a double team
Turn around/fadeaway jumper
Spout up 3
Post play in general
Defensive rebounding
PatAg
AG
Ideal world, we are confident we can get KP fully healthy again and he and Luka become the combo we traded for. That solves a LOT of problems

I think this is the first full offseason he has had in 3-4 years right? Every other one included some sort of physical therapy
Ol Jock 99
AG
PatAg said:

Ideal world, we are confident we can get KP fully healthy again and he and Luka become the combo we traded for. That solves a LOT of problems

I think this is the first full offseason he has had in 3-4 years right? Every other one included some sort of physical therapy

Agree. A coach that gets the most of KP is key. KP takes up too much money not to.
M.C. Swag
AG
Ol Jock 99 said:

PatAg said:

Agree. A coach that gets the most of KP is key. KP takes up too much money not to.

There's been too much insider rumor leaking that KP and the Mavs want to part. KP is going to be professional about it and try to do what he can to improve but only to help facilitate a trade out of Dallas. I'd be shocked if he's still in a Mavs uniform come calendar year 2022.
dave94
AG
He'll be here one more year 100%. There are no big trades happening this off-season when we need to find a new GM and head coach.

And I'm good with that. You can't bail on KP this quickly without getting so much less in return.
South Platte
That's quite a list. I'm struggling to think of anything KP does as well.
HawthornAggie
AG
Do yall think the Mavs would pursue the Collins kid from Atlanta? I believe he is a free agent this summer. I know he's not THE missing piece for this Mavs team, but he does a lot of things well and is very young.
hph6203
AG
He's a restricted free agent, which complicates things. Depends on Atlanta's interest in retaining him, but you're generally going to have to overpay.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.