***Official 2020-2021 Dallas Mavericks Season Thread***

174,893 Views | 2549 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by MW03
True Anomaly
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Guitarsoup said:

MW03 said:

I'm with you guys that I don't see any reasonable percentage where this actually happens. The only thing that makes me wrinkle my nose a little is that Kawhi's mind is a total mystery to me. That and the fact that he is injured and was grousing about the Clippers medical staff. I believe Dallas is reputed to have one of the very best medical staffs in the league, headed by Casey Smith.
Spurs were always considered a great medical staff as well that helped lengthen the careers of Duncan, Parker, Manu, and all the old ass veterans that signed in SA. Pop pretty much pioneered the super limited minutes and rest games for stars, becoming the first team to not have a single player with over 30mpg in 2014.
But Kawhi *****ed about them and hired his own doctors. Then when those doctors didn't say what he wanted, fired those doctors and hired other ones.

I think Kawhi is just always going to be injury prone, always get bad info from his inner circle, and always find things to ***** about so he can justify being unhappy wherever he is.

Kawhi would be great with Luka and Kristaps. But I think Kawhi giving the Clippers one more season is more likely.
Yeah I don't think we want this headache. We already have to deal with family members of players- such as KP's brother; I'd rather not us have to deal with Kawhi's uncle either
Saint Pablo
True Anomaly said:

Guitarsoup said:

MW03 said:

I'm with you guys that I don't see any reasonable percentage where this actually happens. The only thing that makes me wrinkle my nose a little is that Kawhi's mind is a total mystery to me. That and the fact that he is injured and was grousing about the Clippers medical staff. I believe Dallas is reputed to have one of the very best medical staffs in the league, headed by Casey Smith.
Spurs were always considered a great medical staff as well that helped lengthen the careers of Duncan, Parker, Manu, and all the old ass veterans that signed in SA. Pop pretty much pioneered the super limited minutes and rest games for stars, becoming the first team to not have a single player with over 30mpg in 2014.
But Kawhi *****ed about them and hired his own doctors. Then when those doctors didn't say what he wanted, fired those doctors and hired other ones.

I think Kawhi is just always going to be injury prone, always get bad info from his inner circle, and always find things to ***** about so he can justify being unhappy wherever he is.

Kawhi would be great with Luka and Kristaps. But I think Kawhi giving the Clippers one more season is more likely.
Yeah I don't think we want this headache. We already have to deal with family members of players- such as KP's brother; I'd rather not us have to deal with Kawhi's uncle either
Worth it. It is a star driven league.
Guitarsoup
AG
Saint Pablo said:

True Anomaly said:

Guitarsoup said:

MW03 said:

Until you are one of the teams favored to challenge for a title and he decides to just sit the year and doctor shop until he finds one to back him up.
Saint Pablo
Guitarsoup said:

Saint Pablo said:

True Anomaly said:

Guitarsoup said:

MW03 said:

Until you are one of the teams favored to challenge for a title and he decides to just sit the year and doctor shop until he finds one to back him up.
I'd rather run that risk than pray Luka can carry a bucket of scrubs to the Finals on his back!
Guitarsoup
AG
Saint Pablo said:

Guitarsoup said:

Saint Pablo said:

True Anomaly said:

Guitarsoup said:

MW03 said:

I'd rather run that risk than pray Luka can carry a bucket of scrubs to the Finals on his back!

Saint Pablo
Guitarsoup said:

Saint Pablo said:

Guitarsoup said:

Saint Pablo said:

True Anomaly said:

Guitarsoup said:

MW03 said:

We won't have to worry about it when we sign Otto Porter Jr. and Gary Trent Jr. in free agency!
M.C. Swag
AG
True Anomaly said:

Guitarsoup said:

MW03 said:

Lol what? If Kawhi says he wants to come to Dallas, it's done. We are not in a position to turn down a top 5 talent because he's mercurial. There's no chance it happens, but if you pass on Kawhi thinking you can get something betterlol
Ol Jock 99
AG
Kawhi is a double edged sword. He may cut you, but he may also help get you a championship. Spurs may hate him, but I don't see them turning in their rings either.
Guitarsoup
AG
Ol Jock 99 said:

Kawhi is a double edged sword. He may cut you, but he may also help get you a championship. Spurs may hate him, but I don't see them turning in their rings either.
Kawhi helped get the Spurs a ring, he also sat on his lazy ass watching as Bosh grabbed an offensive rebound rather than going after the ball or boxing out, leading to the Ray Allen 3 to win game 6 in 2013.

Kawhi gives and Kawhi takes and takes and takes and takes away.

With his talent, he's absolutely a take, but you also know that managing him is going to be a nightmare and he is a me-first, not team-first player.
Guitarsoup
AG
Kawhi staying with the Clippers confirmed
awrollins
Would y'all take a Porzingis for Malcolm Brogdan swap?
Bmac04
AG
awrollins said:

You think Carlisle wants to trade for KP?
awrollins
Bmac04 said:

awrollins said:

You think Carlisle wants to trade for KP?

Lol failed to consider that when I first posted. On second thought, I seriously doubt the Pacers would want anything to do with KP.
awrollins

ICYMI: Luka helps send the Slovenian National Team to their first ever Olympics!
fightinags2013
AG
Boban playing for Serbia right now vs Melli & Italy.
hph6203
AG
Is the Olympics good or bad for Luka's NBA season? Will he be in better shape or will he just be exhausted?
Ol Jock 99
AG
hph6203 said:

Is the Olympics good or bad for Luka's NBA season? Will he be in better shape or will he just be exhausted?
He'll be fine. If anything, in good shape. There are, what, 8 possible games in the Games, plus a few qualifiers.
Trucker 96
At his age, I think this is great. Needs a break before training camp, which he'll get. But this extended national team should do nothing but help build his endurance
dave94
AG
I think seeing the joy on his face for qualifying his country for the first time ever is worth everything.
hph6203
AG
Wasn't trying to suggest that he shouldn't participate, I absolutely think he should, was just curious if anyone thought it would be bad or good. Personally think it's probably better than him going out and partying for 5 months straight.
dave94
AG
I didn't mean to imply otherwise, but I think him just having a great time and maybe rediscovering a bit of that joy will do wonders when next season comes around.
EconAg18
AG
MookieBlaylock
AG
I don't get it

The US team they are rolling out sux

hph6203
AG
Using Cam Newton as a stand in is insulting.
Saint Pablo
Still miles ahead of the bums Luka is playing with
BallerStaf2003
AG
Facts are facts!

Ol Jock 99
AG
I have nothing but respect for Young. Luka despiritally needs a better supporting cast.
HawthornAggie
AG
Mosley to Orlando Magic per Woj

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/31799931/sources-orlando-magic-agree-4-year-deal-dallas-mavericks-assistant-jamahl-mosley-new-coach
M.C. Swag
AG
Free agency is 3 weeks away, so i went ahead and created the '21-'22 Mavs thread! Follow link here for all things future Mavs related!

Official 2021 - 2022 Dallas Mavericks
MW03
AG
MW03 said:

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.