***Official 2020-2021 Dallas Mavericks Season Thread***

174,926 Views | 2549 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by MW03
NoahAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
87-78? It's like Cavaliers vs Pistons circa 1992.
M.C. Swag
AG

Doge coin is now an officially accepted currency at the AAC.
Carlo4
AG
M.C. Swag said:

I'd like to buy a beer and a hot dog.... that will be 6000 Doge Coins.
True Anomaly
AG
Carlo4 said:

M.C. Swag said:

I'd like to buy a beer and a hot dog.... that will be 6000 Doge Coins.
I only have about 5000 Stanley Nickels
PatAg
AG
So Luka sat the last game before break for a tight back, and he just played 32 minutes in a bull**** all star game that no one cares about.
Phat32
AG
PatAg said:

So Luka sat the last game before break for a tight back, and he just played 32 minutes in a bull**** all star game that no one cares about.

While I totally agree, and you are probably right on, I have had back tightness go away completely in a couple days. Back is a weird deal.
jeffdjohnson
The Mavs have started hitting some of those good looks from 3 in February which saved their season. They looked as good offensively last month as they did during the previous season, which was encouraging to see. KP also started moving better (eye test) and looking better defensively the last few games which was also encouraging. I'm bullish on the fact that KP will be playing great basketball by April / May. I thought the KP slander was getting a bit out of control online. To me it is all about health, not skill. It is a gamble either way, but I have no insight into the odds KP suffers another serious injury.

The Mavs are starting to look like the 5/6 seed that I thought they would be heading into the season. Unfortunately they are still 1-2 pieces away from contention with no obvious way to improve. They certainly don't have the assets to get involved in a superstar (Beal) type trade. They could probably still get involved in an Aaron Gordon type move if they want to dump out more future 1sts. I like AG on this team but he is still a limited player offensively and doesn't move them to contender status by himself. Oladipo is going to get moved but I checked his numbers and he has been pretty bad. He's got a higher ceiling but he is also not under contract, coming off an injury and playing poorly. I'll be curious to see what the Rockets can get for him.

I think the Mavs will try to be aggressive with the James Johnson expiring contract to at least incrementally improve. Maybe they will try to attach Josh Green (#18 pick of the 2020 draft) depending on how they are feeling about him and what the return is. I don't think they will dump any future 1sts until they convey those picks to the Knicks though.
COAg15
AG
Did you watch the game? 32 minutes of Luka half jogging around. Dude mailed it in.
Ol Jock 99
AG
Cuban's discussion of cap room makes me hopeful that they can finally pull something in free agency.
PatAg
AG
COAg15 said:

Did you watch the game? 32 minutes of Luka half jogging around. Dude mailed it in.
No, no I did not. No sane person would.
dave94
AG
They're playing sloppy as hell.
dave94
AG
GREAT second half.
gigem1223
Big win. Hopefully we get that KP the majority of the 2nd half of the year.
AgGrad99
AG
Really needed this one. Glad to see KP playing with some fire
AgGrad99
AG
Also, That cross by Luka towards the end was dirty...
NoahAg
I guess KP not getting traded.
M.C. Swag
AG
NoahAg said:

I guess KP not getting traded.
ehhhhh lmao
Bmac04
AG
Luka & KP out tonight
gigem1223
Frustrating as hell when your most important players aren't available in the middle of a playoff push. This should be a gimme win and we're getting smoked.
BallerStaf2003
AG
gigem1223 said:

Frustrating as hell when your most important players aren't available in the middle of a playoff push. This should be a gimme win and we're getting smoked.

Yeah I agree. Really frustrating and kind of a wtf moment.
Saint Pablo
Man it's almost like resting your two best players who are in their early 20s isn't a good idea. Who would've thought??
Ol Jock 99
AG
Well, the supporting cast tried to make it a go. Too bad neither star was available.
dave94
AG
TEN missed free throws.
EconAg18
AG
Iowaggie
AG
Understandable they sat them, especially KP, in the middle game of 3 within 4 days against a team with fresh legs that hadn't played in a week.

Saint Pablo
Iowaggie said:

Understandable they sat them, especially KP, in the middle game of 3 within 4 days against a team with fresh legs that hadn't played in a week.

R u srs? 25 year old KP and 22 year old Luka can't manage playing a b2b after a week off? Luka even rested the game before the ASG too...
M.C. Swag
AG
Iowaggie said:

KP, sure, but Luka has only played 6 games in the preceding 25 days. He should have played and the Mavs would have won. It's frustrating.
Ol Jock 99
AG
I'd love to hear one plausible reason other than "Luca is hurt" that he'd be held out the same night as KP.
M.C. Swag
AG
Ol Jock 99 said:

I'd love to hear one plausible reason other than "Luca is hurt" that he'd be held out the same night as KP.
The honest reason is because the Mavs FO thinks they're smarter than they are. Every single game in the West counts and they think it wont hurt to just throw 1 away against the Thunder. Pure hubris. Irrational confidence that this team won't be clawing for Ws at the end of the season.
BallerStaf2003
AG
How many teams in the league could we consistently beat without luka? I'm sure there's no more than 5.
EconAg18
AG
Interesting little piece of info here

mavsfan4ever
AG
M.C. Swag said:

Ol Jock 99 said:

The honest reason is because the Mavs FO thinks they're smarter than they are. Every single game in the West counts and they think it wont hurt to just throw 1 away against the Thunder. Pure hubris. Irrational confidence that this team won't be clawing for Ws at the end of the season.

Yea every game counts. I'd rather them play against okc to get a for sure win and then sit out against a better team who we may lose to anyways.

Of course, they should never be sitting at the same time anyways. Ridiculous.
PatAg
AG
Ol Jock 99 said:

Who
Spaceship
AG
I just made the change from DirectTv to YouTubeTV. For those of you in a similar boat, how do y'all watch the Mavs now?
Saint Pablo
streameast.live

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.