***Official 2020-2021 Dallas Mavericks Season Thread***

174,895 Views | 2549 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by MW03
Ol Jock 99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Whelp
gigem1223
4-22 from 3
dave94
AG
Saint Pablo said:

Really cool when our 22 year old superstar is resting when we are only 2.5 games out of the ten seed!

It's the new reality of the league. I don't understand why people are mad about giving him a night off as beat up as he gets. He'll be fresh to travel tomorrow for the back to back.

Edit: It's not like we're in the home stretch for the season, otherwise he would be playing every night and with heightened minutes.
M.C. Swag
AG
dave94 said:

Saint Pablo said:

Really cool when our 22 year old superstar is resting when we are only 2.5 games out of the ten seed!

It's the new reality of the league. I don't understand why people are mad about giving him a night off as beat up as he gets. He'll be fresh to travel tomorrow for the back to back.
I mean, it is annoying. These are games we need to win and if he truly needed rest, why was he still playing through out the 4th qtr of the Twolves game when we were up by 20? (the answer is b/c he wanted his stats). Also, why not just limit his minutes? does he really need to sit out whole games?

So, if he's healthy enough to play in a blowout, he should be healthy enough to play after 2 days rest at home. Especially considering his age.
dave94
AG
Like was said before, I doubt this was him not wanting to play.
M.C. Swag
AG
dave94 said:

Like was said before, I doubt this was him not wanting to play.
lol I said that. It's still annoying.
Saint Pablo
dave94 said:

Saint Pablo said:

Edit: It's not like we're in the home stretch for the season, otherwise he would be playing every night and with heightened minutes.
We are 2.5 games away from the 10 seed. We don't have the luxury of a big lead in the conference and shouldn't be punting games.
dave94
AG
My bad
Saint Pablo
Luka and KP taking tonight off. Love punting games.
Ol Jock 99
AG
Saint Pablo said:

So 2 in a row for Luka? That's concerning.
Ol Jock 99
AG
Mav's Twitter says "illness" for Luka. Did he get the rona in the first go-round?
Saint Pablo
Ol Jock 99 said:

Saint Pablo said:

So 2 in a row for Luka? That's concerning.
The changed from "back" to "illness" clearly bull**** IMO.
Ol Jock 99
AG
I'm not defending anyone, but something must be up. We need to win these games vs "lesser" opponents, and we clearly can't without Luka. Yet we keep "resting" him, with the same results.

Something is up. Wouldn't be surprised at all if he has surgery of some sort immediately after the season.
EconAg18
AG
According to random tweets and posts I've seen on Reddit, so nothing of absolute certainty, Luka got the Covid vaccine and was feeling pretty sick afterwards. That's why he was sent back to the hotel to rest
Ol Jock 99
AG
It can absolutely knock you on your rear. And would be a much better answer to what's happening.
fightinags2013
AG
Anyone else just super underwhelmed by Richardson? He was supposed to be a big upgrade defensively and I just don't see it. He is much smaller than I thought he was, and he tries to do too much offensively. He isn't bad on offense, but I cringe when he over dribbles and shoots tough pull-ups/floaters.
awinlonghorn
KP resting back to backs this far into the season is annoying.

At this point, chances are we are going to have to win a game or two at the play in tournament. I don't see us moving to 6.

NoahAg
Hey guys, we won last night.
Saint Pablo
NoahAg said:

Seemed like we won with relative ease, probably could've rested Luka and KP against OKC, no?
M.C. Swag
AG
Saint Pablo said:

NoahAg said:

Seemed like we won with relative ease, probably could've rested Luka and KP against OKC, no?
haha we kinda did! they each only played like 27 min.
Saint Pablo
M.C. Swag said:

Saint Pablo said:

NoahAg said:

haha we kinda did! they each only played like 27 min.
If only we'd thought to do that a couple weeks back!
MW03
AG
If you aren't watching this national game, you should.
MW03
AG
Kleber having to guard Kemba is about all you need to know about the current state of Dallas' defense. Don't get me wrong, I love Kleber, but that's ridiculous.
MW03
AG
Dallas is rebounding hard, and the Celtics are over the back on every single attempt. It's ridiculous.
MW03
AG
That was a foul, and another on the outback.
awrollins
Ugly 4th Quarter... But we WIN!!!!
Carlo4
AG
Mavs 4th beat record last two months in NBA. Keep it up.
M.C. Swag
AG
Josh Richardson has been PROFOUNDLY disappointing
Carlo4
AG
Watching ESPN and JJ Reddick upset he's a Maverick. Wanted a trade to NY area and Pelicans management mislead him.
Ol Jock 99
AG
Carlo4 said:

Watching ESPN and JJ Reddick upset he's a Maverick. Wanted a trade to NY area and Pelicans management mislead him.
The Athletic had a good piece on it yesterday. Yeah, he's butthurt, but at NO, not Dallas. He'll get over it. Business is business.
mavsfan4ever
AG
The being close to family is a bull**** excuse by reddick in my opinion. Sure, I'm sure he thinks it would be nice to be near family. But if Brooklyn wasn't a contender and heavy favorite, I don't think he'd want to move closer to his family which lives in Brooklyn. If they were a .500 team, no way he's wanting to go there. He wanted to ring chase and was using family as a way to try and get that done. Quit whining about it. The organization doesn't have to trade you to the one team you want to go to. And according to what I've read, they did initially try to get him somewhere up there but there wasn't much interest.
Saint Pablo
mavsfan4ever said:

The being close to family is a bull**** excuse by reddick in my opinion. Sure, I'm sure he thinks it would be nice to be near family. But if Brooklyn wasn't a contender and heavy favorite, I don't think he'd want to move closer to his family which lives in Brooklyn. If they were a .500 team, no way he's wanting to go there. He wanted to ring chase and was using family as a way to try and get that done. Quit whining about it. The organization doesn't have to trade you to the one team you want to go to. And according to what I've read, they did initially try to get him somewhere up there but there wasn't much interest.
I listened to his podcast and JJ said he requested to be traded to a team that is closer to his family, I don't recall him specifically saying the Nets. I'd assume he would have been fine with Philly, the Knicks, the Nets, or the Celtics. But I could be wrong.
M.C. Swag
AG
mavsfan4ever said:

I agree but if Griffin made him a promise?....like, i'd prolly go scorched earth to if i did my professional duties and was made a promise that the other person didn't keep. Griffin never should have made that promise.
MW03
AG
I don't have any problems with what Redick said. I expect him to be a professional about it on the court. If he refuses to play or any crap like that, then it's a different story.
mavsfan4ever
AG
M.C. Swag said:

mavsfan4ever said:

I agree but if Griffin made him a promise?....like, i'd prolly go scorched earth to if i did my professional duties and was made a promise that the other person didn't keep. Griffin never should have made that promise.
Yea I see that. I just doubt that Griffin told him "I promise we will get you to Brooklyn or really close to Brooklyn." I find Griffin's story much more believable, which is that he told JJ he'd do his best to get him closer to his family. But then those teams weren't aggressive in pursuing him and didn't really make any offers. So what's New Orleans supposed to do at that point?

And JJ mentioned the Nets by name. Sure, he may have been okay with the Knicks of 76ers. But I think he was hoping he would get bought out and could then just go to the Nets. Either way, he's limiting it to 3-4 teams, which is dumb. New Orleans doesn't owe him anything. It's not like he's been with them for a decade or something.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.