***Official 2020-2021 Dallas Mavericks Season Thread***

174,789 Views | 2549 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by MW03
True Anomaly
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
MC Swag- was the arena selling concessions last night?
M.C. Swag
AG
True Anomaly said:

MC Swag- was the arena selling concessions last night?
Yea they were but only a fraction of the stands were open. I saw people eating the usual stuff (popcorn, pizza, etc). They also raised the price of beer!! I remember large domestic drafts used to be $10, now they're $12.
Post removed:
by user
BallerStaf2003
AG
Dwight is not the same after the Achilles injury. Sucks to watch him struggle.
gigem1223
I'll admit I haven't watched every game this season but just from watching the 10 or so I have, this team seems to play much better together with KP out.
EastSideAg2002
That 11 pt lead evaporated quickly.
gigem1223
This is what happens when you have a team full of nothing but role players. Brunson has played great but Luka needs to keep the damn ball and carry this team late in games like this.

Cuban and Donnie need to get Luka some damn help.
gigem1223
And he answers!
gigem1223
Ice cold
Saint Pablo
LUKAAAAAAA
hph6203
AG
He's okay, I guess.
Spaceship
AG
There is something really badass about a guy who makes back to back 3 pointers when everyone on the court knows who's taking the shot.
MW03
AG
BANNG!!! BANNNNNG!!!!!
TDub
AG
It's official I am naming my first born Luka
M.C. Swag
AG
Jfc that 4th qtr almost gave me an aneurysm. Luka pulled these clowns single handedly into the win column. I can't believe how ducking good he is. Like...in 5 years he'll be 26 (when most players enter their prime) and he's already doing this *****!
MW03
AG
That's what happens when you convince your mom to let you turn pro at 13. Fun fact, he's been doing this for 8 years already.
BallerStaf2003
AG
M.C. Swag said:

Jfc that 4th qtr almost gave me an aneurysm. Luka pulled these clowns single handedly into the win column. I can't believe how ducking good he is. Like...in 5 years he'll be 26 (when most players enter their prime) and he's already doing this *****!

He is beyond amazing.
awinlonghorn
Cuban ans donnie need to get him help now. To their credit they tried to swing big with KP and it didn't work. They tried to do thet for Dirk with rondo and it didn't work.

They need to get him help now . Dirk is one of a kind. Can't expect Luka to stick around without help.
True Anomaly
AG
Well I definitely feel fortunate to have that game be our first in-person game in almost a year
fightinags2013
AG
Same here. Crowd went wild!! What a finish.
PatAg
AG
We have a lot of good parts on our team, not sure why we are acting like they are bums. Just need that 2nd and 3rd player to stand out more. Hardaway isn't consistent enough, and KP is ...KP
PatAg
AG
True Anomaly
AG
A great moment during pregame

NoahAg
PatAg said:

We have a lot of good parts on our team, not sure why we are acting like they are bums. Just need that 2nd and 3rd player to stand out more. Hardaway isn't consistent enough, and KP is ...KP

I don't know. Seems like Hardaway has been really solid the last 10 games or so. Brunson has also been a very good bench player.
awinlonghorn
KP now out three games in a row with back issues. Either he is really injured or we are setting up a trade?

Or sitting him until he can play better d - least likely.

Either way, something feels so off here..
Ol Jock 99
AG
A 7'3" rail thin big man with history of back and knee issues isn't a foundation for success. Even if he's really really really good when he's on.

The boys in the front office have a big job. Probably aren't too many great options, and making the wrong choice could well result in Luka walking when he can.
M.C. Swag
AG
awinlonghorn said:

KP now out three games in a row with back issues. Either he is really injured or we are setting up a trade?

Or sitting him until he can play better d - least likely.

Either way, something feels so off here..
There's a small possibility he's actually hurt but yea, it's hard to argue that this all doesn't seem very odd. The only thing that is keeping me from setting off Defcon level warning bells is that he has been with the team the whole time and has appeared pretty dialed in and supportive while sitting on the bench. If a dude was truly about to get traded, i would expect them to be a little more aloof than what I've seen in KP.
awinlonghorn
he was there the last game but wasn't on the bench when luka hit both is shots in the last minute. so weird.

DSJ was also held out for back issues before he got traded..
M.C. Swag
AG
awinlonghorn said:

he was there the last game but wasn't on the bench when luka hit both is shots in the last minute. so weird.

DSJ was also held out for back issues before he got traded..
Yea he was. he was just out of the frame. you can see him doing the "salute" gesture when Luka hit the final shot.

You can see him just behind boban in this angle
mavsfan4ever
AG
He was on the bench and involved with all the guys the entire time during the Memphis game. I sat near the bench and could see him interacting with the guys during timeouts, etc. Didn't look to be someone who thought he was getting traded.

I really don't think we are trading him, but admit it all does seem a little weird.
EconAg18
AG
Interesting thought. Only issue is we might be able to sign him in FA anyways, and there is the rumor he wants a Max deal which I do not think he is worth. I just want to make sure we don't turn our roster problem into a cap problem as well.

Ol Jock 99
AG
Maxi is probable for tonight.
awrollins
Dwight Powell is really struggling. He has been the reason for at least like 3 TOs, and cannot block out Dwight Howard for anything...
MW03
AG
Luka is making some ridiculous passes tonight. The ball just isn't falling.
MW03
AG
I've been sick of dwight howard's schtick for like 30 years it feels like.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.