***Official 2020-2021 Dallas Mavericks Season Thread***

174,661 Views | 2549 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by MW03
BohunkAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

Carlisle isn't going anywhere
This aged poorly

Saint Pablo

This guy reliable?
PatAg
AG
Saint Pablo said:

This guy reliable?
Considering that makes no sense at all, I'd say no. How could Trey Burke be a "key piece" in that trade
PatAg
AG
BohunkAg said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

This aged poorly

Careful what you ****ing wish for.

edt: If this is something Carlisle initiated than I take I guess we just wait and see who we can hire instead. Lot of bad coaches out there
Ol Jock 99
AG
Saint Pablo said:

This guy reliable?
I hope so!
Ol Jock 99
AG
Ol Jock 99 said:

The Ticket (Hangzone I think) had an interesting discussion last week. Does Rick Carlisle still have "it"? Last time the Mavs really did anything, Luka wasn't even a teenager.
It was a reasonable question then, and remains a reasonable question.
mavsfan4ever
AG
Hopefully Boston let's Brad go and we can just do a coach swap with them.
HawthornAggie
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

Uhhh lol
PatAg
AG
Feel like Carlisle resigning must be related to Cuban's response to the Donnie article and Donnie being let go.
PatAg
AG
HawthornAggie
AG
mavsfan4ever said:

Isn't he the new gm for Boston? Thought that was announced with Ainge stepping down
EconAg18
AG
I have a feeling this might end up being for the best in the grand scheme of things.

PatAg
AG
No matter how talented Luka is, young players need good coaching to continute to develop. We are going to have to nail this hire.
mavsfan4ever
AG
HawthornAggie said:

mavsfan4ever said:

Isn't he the new gm for Boston? Thought that was announced with Ainge stepping down

I heard that it may be the plan but never heard any official decision though. So not sure.
EconAg18
AG
Yeah Stevens is interviewing coaching candidates for the Celtics right now. He's out of coaching for the foreseeable future and focused on the front office
BallerStaf2003
AG
Interesting Carlisle doesn't bring up Luka in his farewell.

I wonder if it's a Stan van Gundy like situation? He was fired for being too authoritarian and out of touch with the younger generation of players.
LawHall88
AG
Trucker 96
Carlisle has 2 years left on his deal. I would hope anyone who wants to hire him will have to send some picks or players Dallas way
cp09
AG
LawHall88 said:

Lol at the Celtics being a better option
Scotty Flamingo
Just promote Mosley to HC.
MW03
AG
MW03
AG
PatAg said:

Reads like Carlisle was on Team Donnie...
Trucker 96
The Fiend said:

Just promote Mosley to HC.

MosDefinitely
Trucker 96
Cuban loves to keep things in the family. I could see Finley at GM and Kidd coaching
MW03
AG
I think Kidd could be a good voice for Luka. He's also done stints coaching Giannis and Lebron.
Saint Pablo
PatAg said:

Saint Pablo said:

This guy reliable?
Considering that makes no sense at all, I'd say no. How could Trey Burke be a "key piece" in that trade
My friend fooled me. Sorry guys....saw the check mark and got excited.
Ol Jock 99
AG
Well, Zion is unhappy. And Charlotte sucks.
South Platte
Saint Pablo said:

PatAg said:

Saint Pablo said:

This guy reliable?
What does this mean.
Saint Pablo
South Platte said:

Saint Pablo said:

PatAg said:

Saint Pablo said:

This guy reliable?
What does this mean.
I saw that it was a verified account and stupidly assumed that might be legitimate, come to find out he is a social media comedian.
chris1515
AG
Maybe Jason Kidd had an inkling this was coming up and that's why he was so quick to pull out of the Portland job when his name came up...
Galborathelion
Cuban is a ****ing idiot and always has been. We can only hope somehow he is the next to go.
Saint Pablo
Galborathelion said:

Cuban is a ****ing idiot and always has been. We can only hope somehow he is the next to go.
Firing Donnie was a good move.

If Luka and Carlisle butted heads, it is good for him to go. Love Rick, but he has gotten out of the first round exactly 1 time since 2006.
M.C. Swag
AG
This is bad. This is really bad man. I am extremely displeased with Cuban for letting this situation devolve to this point where a championship coach is walking away from a top 5 talent. The same man that endured the rebuild years has said he had enough. The Mavs franchise has been a beacon of stability for literally my entire adult life. The fact that we're here at this point so suddenly is....alarming to say the least.

And overall the Mavs are in a precarious position. They now have 6 weeks to find a GM who has to find a coach so they can strategize for THE most import FA summer in which the Mavs have max cap space before Luka's extension. They MUST get this right and they just added to the difficulty of the situation.
fightinags2013
AG
This is very damning for Cuban. Saw someone on Twitter say "Cuban is who people think Jerry Jones is."

fightinags2013
AG
Other tweets in that thread:

"Says he's basically the President of bball ops for all purposes and Donnie Nelson/Voulgaris etc are just diff people in the organization whose influence over him comes and goes. And that to be blunt "Voulgaris is very arrogant", widely disliked within the org and by players."

"Luka yelled at Carlisle in the middle of a game once "who's in charge, you or Bob?""

YIKES

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.