***Official 2020-2021 Dallas Mavericks Season Thread***

174,906 Views | 2549 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by MW03
JoCoAg09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
For the streamers out there, what are y'all going to do once the season starts? With FSSW being dropped from everything but the AT&T app as far as I can tell, I can't decide. I've set up the house w/out set-top boxes in the plans, so I really don't want to go back to cable. Anyone have the AT&T app...thoughts?
M.C. Swag
AG
JoCoAg09 said:

For the streamers out there, what are y'all going to do once the season starts? With FSSW being dropped from everything but the AT&T app as far as I can tell, I can't decide. I've set up the house w/out set-top boxes in the plans, so I really don't want to go back to cable. Anyone have the AT&T app...thoughts?
True Anomaly
AG
This may be an option: HeHe Streams

It appears you can use things like Amazon gift cards to pay for it, if you want true anonymity. I haven't tried it yet though
EconAg18
AG
Tried sending you a PM, but getting an error message saying you're not a valid user for some reason
M.C. Swag
AG
EconAg18
AG
True Anomaly
AG
EconAg18 said:

The schadenfreude is just too awesome
PatAg
AG

Not many things are sweeter to the crowd reacting to the play before the shot even goes in, and THEN going even crazier.

It used to be opposing crowds yelling "NOOO" anytime the ball swung to Dirk open at the 3
M.C. Swag
AG
PatAg said:

Not many things are sweeter to the crowd reacting to the play before the shot even goes in, and THEN going even crazier.

It used to be opposing crowds yelling "NOOO" anytime the ball swung to Dirk open at the 3
I had a buddy drive up for the game from Houston (he's a rockets fan) so we splurged on some super badass centercourt seats, about 8 rows up). At halftime he's laughing and enjoying himself and at one point in the 4th goes, "I thought Luka was supposed to be good? He only got 10 pts".

Lmao and then that sequence played out.

Hands down the best game environment I've been in (that and when Dirk scored the first 8 pts during his final home game).
Saint Pablo
M.C. Swag
AG
Saint Pablo said:

mavsfan4ever
AG
Not that it means anything, but Luka ranked #4 in the espn player rankings.

https://www.espn.com/nba/insider/story/_/id/30451766/ranking-top-10-nba-players-2020-21
Saint Pablo
mavsfan4ever said:

https://www.espn.com/nba/insider/story/_/id/30451766/ranking-top-10-nba-players-2020-21

Who were the three above him? Just curious.
M.C. Swag
AG
If I had to guess it'd be Giannis, Lebron, & Kawhi
mavsfan4ever
AG
Saint Pablo said:

mavsfan4ever said:

1. Lebron
2. AD
3. Giannis
Saint Pablo
mavsfan4ever said:

Saint Pablo said:

mavsfan4ever said:

1. Lebron
2. AD
3. Giannis
Luka above Kawhi
Guitarsoup
AG
Saint Pablo said:

mavsfan4ever said:

Saint Pablo said:

mavsfan4ever said:

1. Lebron
2. AD
3. Giannis
Luka above Kawhi
You read the (Athletic?) report about how ****ty a teammate Kawhi was in LA and how that was the reason the team fell apart?

If I was starting a team right now, I'd take Luka over Kawhi.
Saint Pablo
Guitarsoup said:

Saint Pablo said:

mavsfan4ever said:

Saint Pablo said:

mavsfan4ever said:

1. Lebron
2. AD
3. Giannis
Luka above Kawhi
You read the (Athletic?) report about how ****ty a teammate Kawhi was in LA and how that was the reason the team fell apart?

I don't have a sub to the Athletic, but I heard about that article and Kawhi's questionable leadership.

I don't disagree at all, I would rather have Luka, just a bit surprised some of the talking heads agree. Love it though.
Guitarsoup
AG
Saint Pablo said:

Guitarsoup said:

Saint Pablo said:

mavsfan4ever said:

Saint Pablo said:

mavsfan4ever said:

1. Lebron
2. AD
3. Giannis
Luka above Kawhi

I don't have a sub to the Athletic, but I heard about that article and Kawhi's questionable leadership.

I don't disagree at all, I would rather have Luka, just a bit surprised some of the talking heads agree. Love it though.
Kawhi sounded outright hostile to showing any leadership. Not just questionable leadership, but making it more difficult for other players and Clippers staff.

I think with the Clippers meltdown, people are finally turning against him. They should have when he sat out the year pouting to get a trade.
MW03
AG
COAg15
AG
JJ Barea moving on. What an integral part of our 2011 run.... I'll always have a spot for him
MW03
AG
COAg15 said:

JJ Barea moving on. What an integral part of our 2011 run.... I'll always have a spot for him

5th all-time in games played for Dallas. Love JJ and fully expect him to make a hell of a coach at some point.
True Anomaly
AG
Likely the best scenario for now- it was otherwise gonna be a mess deciding which ticket holders got to hold onto their seats and which had to be moved

awrollins
Can we talk about Nate Hinton? Looked far better than Iwundu tonight.
M.C. Swag
AG
lol what's crazy is that every single player played, and every single player scored at least 1 pt.

Initial takeaways:
  • JR looks comfy
  • Luka looks fluffy
  • Dwight looks the same (fine) which is no small feat
  • Terry had a rough go but he was asked to lead an entire unit of 3rd string guys so whatever
  • Trey is bae burke

And yea, Hinton was a little energizer bunny. Very pleased with his effort. Gonna be interesting to see if he plays his way on the team.
Not_Sure
AG
mavsfan4ever said:

Saint Pablo said:

mavsfan4ever said:

1. Lebron
2. AD
3. Giannis

AD is a top 3 talent, but I just can't rank him this high as a player. I feel like LeBron, Kawhi, Giannis, Luka all elevate the team around them. AD struggled to get New Orleans into the playoffs.

Defense is the one area where Luka doesn't measure up to the other 4 discussed here. It's an area where I hope he'll improve. He's not a bad defender, and he'll probably never be a great defender, but it certainly becomes a separator when talking about the very top of the NBA.
awrollins
Can we talk about the JRich fit in Dallas? Dude looks so comfortable out there. I am looking forward to this season immensely!
M.C. Swag
AG
awrollins said:

Can we talk about the JRich fit in Dallas? Dude looks so comfortable out there. I am looking forward to this season immensely!
He looks incredible and the off court chemistry seems just as good. I still can't believe Philly gave us a 2nd rd pick to fleece them of JRich.
awrollins
M.C. Swag said:

awrollins said:

He looks incredible and the off court chemistry seems just as good. I still can't believe Philly gave us a 2nd rd pick to fleece them of JRich.
First two preseason games overreaction:

Mavs are a top 2 seed in the West
Luka will win MVP
JRich will average 20 on 40% 3 pt
WCS will have a career year
Josh Green is going to be really good for us
The Mavs are the deepest team in the league

Life is good in Dallas right now!!! Get on the bus while you can!
M.C. Swag
AG
fightinags2013
AG
With Powell likely regressing post injury, WCS is going to need to step up big time while KP is out. Preseason game number 2 gives me a little hope that it could happen.

Nice to see Josh Green getting fairly big rotation minutes. Would be a huge plus for the Mavs if he could get 10 or 15 minutes a game, play well, and develop into a reliable role player/defensive stopper down the line.
hph6203
AG
Giannis to Bucks for 5 years. Wasn't likely anyway and this is good for the league.
Guitarsoup
AG
hph6203 said:

Giannis to Bucks for 5 years. Wasn't likely anyway and this is good for the league.

Forgot which podcast I heard this on (Lowe?) But they said the player should get the full supermax, which is 35% of the cap, but the team should only be charged 25% for salary cap/luxury tax purposes. Make it less of a millstone around the team's neck
M.C. Swag
AG
Good for Giannis and Mil fans.

Now JRich and Boban can split the Mavs max cap space
MW03
AG
hph6203 said:

GREAT for the league. And the mavs don't have to live that pipe dream for a year.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.