***Official 2020-2021 Dallas Mavericks Season Thread***

174,949 Views | 2549 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by MW03
gigem1223
How long do you want to ignore this user?
How do you not call a timeout and draw up a play for Luka?
zgolfz85
AG
brutal last set for us
awrollins
gigem1223 said:

I just don't understand that as well... Ice Porzingis on the bench and then give him the biggest shot of the game. Makes no sense...
gigem1223
Rick's late game management leaves much to be desired since last season. Yea the players haven't closed well but he sure as hell hasn't helped.
M.C. Swag
AG
Just want to make sure everyone realizes we lost by 1 possession, on the road, against the best team in the league, with over 50ppg sitting in quarantine after 4 straight wins.

KP had an open look. He missed it. Sometimes basketball is that simple.
awrollins
M.C. Swag said:

Just want to make sure everyone realizes we lost by 1 possession, on the road, against the best team in the league, with over 50ppg sitting in quarantine after 4 straight wins.

KP had an open look. He missed it. Sometimes basketball is that simple.

You are so right. We fought super hard and I am proud of that. We do need to work on limiting offensive rebounds. That was a little frustrating. Overall, very encouraging game!
BallerStaf2003
AG
I feel like we took two L's bc Luka was robbed of a triple double. That rebound with 1.4 seconds off the free throw didn't count!
94chem
awrollins said:

gigem1223 said:

I just don't understand that as well... Ice Porzingis on the bench and then give him the biggest shot of the game. Makes no sense...

Cauley Stein was en fuego, bro. You don't mess with that mojo.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
BallerStaf2003
AG
BallerStaf2003 said:

I feel like we took two L's bc Luka was robbed of a triple double. That rebound with 1.4 seconds off the free throw didn't count!

Yes! They gave it to him!

https://instagr.am/p/CKHk72gDlOu
LawHall88
AG
Doncic has 30 at halftime, but the Mavericks are down 15 to the Bulls.
awrollins
It's Luka vs the Bulls out there...
LawHall88
AG
Doncic's shots aren't falling in the third, but he's up to 16 rebounds and 11 assists. Must be tiring to carry an entire NBA team on your back.

Doncic is 6-10 from 3; the rest of the Mavericks are 1-17.
awrollins
These bounce passes from anybody but Luka trying to thread the needle are absolutely destroying us. Also our three point shooting from anybody but Luka in the first half. Tough game overall, we really need our guys back

Edit: Wrong emoticon lol
fightinags2013
AG
James Johnson today. Woof. 5 killer turnovers. I don't remember a single one of then being because of good defense. Just total throwaways
Saint Pablo
LawHall88 said:

Doncic's shots aren't falling in the third, but he's up to 16 rebounds and 11 assists. Must be tiring to carry an entire NBA team on your back.

Doncic is 6-10 from 3; the rest of the Mavericks are 1-17.
Luka ended up going 6-11 from 3. The rest of the team was 2-20. KP went 0-7. It sucks so many guys were out, I know that KP is just now getting back, but man he needs to be better.
PatAg
AG
awrollins said:

gigem1223 said:

You seem to be confused, but nothing about that was designed to give Porzingis the shot. Also, these guys are pros, and are expected to come off the bench and do things they excel at.

I don't think it would have been smart to use our last timeout of the game, down 2 with 20ish seconds left. Luka got Burke an open look from 3 (though I think Luka was tired, because he got a smaller defender switched onto him and didnt even consider driving to the bucket)

Then we get a rebound by Cauley-Stein, and he hands it off to Burke driving the baseline free. You aren't calling a timeout there either, that the exact kind of situation you would want to be in at that point of the game.
awrollins
PatAg said:

awrollins said:

gigem1223 said:

You seem to be confused, but nothing about that was designed to give Porzingis the shot. Also, these guys are pros, and are expected to come off the bench and do things they excel at.

I don't think it would have been smart to use our last timeout of the game, down 2 with 20ish seconds left. Luka got Burke an open look from 3 (though I think Luka was tired, because he got a smaller defender switched onto him and didnt even consider driving to the bucket)

Then we get a rebound by Cauley-Stein, and he hands it off to Burke driving the baseline free. You aren't calling a timeout there either, that the exact kind of situation you would want to be in at that point of the game.

Well, obviously the play wasn't designed for porzingis. What I meant was why take him out when he was hot, just to put him back in the game 6 minutes later when he is obviously unprepared to come back into the game. I know he is on a minutes limit, but why even put him back in the game in the first place. I bet KP wasn't expecting to go back in either. Good points on the timeouts though...
Saint Pablo
Not a bad first half. KP looks better than he did last game. Let's win this thing!
Saint Pablo
Also, streameast.live is a place you can stream the games free. A minute or two behind, but free.
Saint Pablo
Nvm.
South Platte
For all the talk about this team, they sure do play some crappy basketball. Hope they figure it out over the next few years, but this team has no idea how to win.
Saint Pablo
South Platte said:

For all the talk about this team, they sure do play some crappy basketball. Hope they figure it out over the next few years, but this team has no idea how to win.
Still have a handful of key players out with COVID, THJ clearly is still fighting through injury, and KP just played his third game of the season. Things will be okay. Let's not overreact.
PatAg
AG
South Platte said:

peace, dont show up for the parade
M.C. Swag
AG
Thanks for stopping by!
M.C. Swag
AG
hph6203
AG
Gotta get that YouTube teaser opinion in.
South Platte
Sorry guys. You all probably follow them closer than I do. I could be wrong on this.

I compare this team to the Dirk/Nash teams and the Dirk/Terry teams and these guys couldn't close out games last year and appear to be repeating that habit again this year. What can I say, it concerns me.
Saint Pablo
South Platte said:

Sorry guys. You all probably follow them closer than I do. I could be wrong on this.

I compare this team to the Dirk/Nash teams and the Dirk/Terry teams and these guys couldn't close out games last year and appear to be repeating that habit again this year. What can I say, it concerns me.
I see where you are coming from and if you don't follow closely, then I get why you may be looking at it this way.

There was a ton of progress last year in the bubble and in the playoffs despite losing to a better team. This year, the Mavs really have been ravaged by injuries and COVID. They have been without at least two starters and two rotational guys for the last week or so, Tim Hardaway Jr. played through a groin injury and was horrible because of it, and the team is still incredibly young Luka is about to turn 22.

Having a young core of Luka and KP, there are 10-15 years of success ahead of us. Gotta be positive brotha!
PatAg
AG
South Platte said:

What from this year makes you think that though? They're actually playing well in close games, and the most recent losses were 2 blowouts and a close loss to the Bucks without most of our best players and a rusty KP. So my guess is you watched that game and then made your post.
TexasAggiesWin
S
KP playing well tonight
awrollins
Very solid game tonight! Hoping we get some of our guys back Friday for the Spurs!
MW03
AG
TexasAggiesWin said:

KP playing well tonight
27 points on 15 shots in 31 mins. Plus 5 offensive boards. Not bad at all.
M.C. Swag
AG
Great must win game! Both teams were severely short handed but we had to end that skid.

The silver lining for this mavs team missing 5+ rotation players is that Josh Green is really starting to develop into something. Man that guy is starting to flash his potential. He plays SUPER hard and i love watching him push the ball up court. And he's oozing 1:1 defensive talent. He has no trouble staying in front of his man (he just needs to not foul lol).

Don't want to overstate it and act like he's a future all star, it's just nice to see what the Mavs scouts must have seen.

KP looked awesome.

Luka HAS to have a better attitude. It's 1 thing to hound the refs, but i think this was the first time ive ever seen luka actively pout on his teammates on the court. His emotional maturity just has to be better.
M.C. Swag
AG
Luka just put up 19 pts, 6 reb, and 5 asts...IN THE FIRST QUARTER.

He scored or assisted on 33 of the 37 points scored by the Mavs lolol
awrollins
Close game here... we are struggling to hit shots right now.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.