***Official 2020-2021 Dallas Mavericks Season Thread***

174,636 Views | 2549 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by MW03
Grapesoda2525
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BallerStaf2003 said:

M.C. Swag said:

mavsfan4ever said:

Man, there is a ton of rest in the playoffs this year. More so than normal years it seems. A ton of 2 days off between games.

Yea that is crazy that they're still giving a 2 day cushion between non-travel games. Maybe to make up for the condensed regular season?

I feel the playoffs have always been dragged out to get most games on national TV.
The many fans screwed over by Bally will appreciate it this year.
mavsfan4ever
AG
Ah, makes sense. That's probably it.
Carlo4
AG
Infection_Ag11 said:

dave94 said:

BallerStaf2003 said:

M.C. Swag said:

mavsfan4ever said:

Man, there is a ton of rest in the playoffs this year. More so than normal years it seems. A ton of 2 days off between games.

Yea that is crazy that they're still giving a 2 day cushion between non-travel games. Maybe to make up for the condensed regular season?

I feel the playoffs have always been dragged out to get most games on national TV.

Yeah, the first round plays out way too long because they want so many national broadcasts. Way too many teams to do that, it's freaking annoying.

And it's completely unnecessary. There's no reason why every 1/8 and 2/7 game need to be on national TV, those games are often blowouts with the higher seed usually winning in 4-6 games.

Lakers are the betting favorite over the Suns and are a 7 seed
BallerStaf2003
AG
Is the best place to buy tix stubhub? Thinking about going tomorrow. I live in LA but stubhub ripped me off bad when I got tickets to the Lakers mavs last year right before Kobe died.
mavsfan4ever
AG
Not much help for LA games. I'm sure prices will be really high in LA. Aren't they only allowing 10% or something like that? And not sure if they are allowing people to sell on stubhub or not.

Also, how did stubhub rip you off? Their tix are guaranteed.
BallerStaf2003
AG
Just the service fees are crazy. Spend $409 on tickets but fees made it $580.

Anyways, my mind is blown that I'm going to a game with attendance in LA today! We will be decked in Mavs stuff. Let's gooooooo!!!
mavsfan4ever
AG
Yea their fees are a little ridiculous. But that's what you pay to know you aren't getting scammed. Ticketmaster resale fees are a little better. Not sure if the clippers have those or not.
PatAg
AG
I hate the Clippers
BallerStaf2003
AG
Being at the game, I can't tell you how bad KP's body language is all the time. Just such a negative attitude.

He's got his head down, isn't trying on defense, isn't boxing out, time-out was called and he was about the last one to get to the huddle by 30 seconds bc he was pouting.

He needs to get his head in the game.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Carlo4 said:

Infection_Ag11 said:

dave94 said:

BallerStaf2003 said:

M.C. Swag said:

mavsfan4ever said:

Yeah, the first round plays out way too long because they want so many national broadcasts. Way too many teams to do that, it's freaking annoying.

And it's completely unnecessary. There's no reason why every 1/8 and 2/7 game need to be on national TV, those games are often blowouts with the higher seed usually winning in 4-6 games.

Lakers are the betting favorite over the Suns and are a 7 seed

That's because if you breathe on lebron in the playoffs it's a foul.
Phat32
AG
Doesn't help that no one appears to want to pass him the ball.
BallerStaf2003
AG
yukmonkey said:

Doesn't help that no one appears to want to pass him the ball.

Kawhi Leonard is guarding him if he's playing like a perimeter player that's gonna be a bad time.

Kawhi is all over him and bodying him every time he tries to cut, he's completely neutralized but instead of playing harder on the boards and on defense he lets it's affect everything.
fightinags2013
AG
NukeAg10
AG
That wnba commercial just might be the most pathetic **** I've ever seen.
Saint Pablo
LETS GOOOOOOOOOO
Ol Jock 99
Grapesoda2525
Nice to see the other team wilt up and play ****ty with the game on the line for a change.
Trucker 96
Huge W. The clippers are fragile and this could really start some ****
Carlo4
AG
Well done to close out with great defense and clutch shots from KP, Brunson, Smith, and Hardaway. Great passing by Luka!
Carlo4
AG
Ol Jock 99
AG
NukeAg10 said:

The problem is YOU sir!
MW03
AG
I feel like they took body blows from Rondo and George but stayed up and took the damn W. Great game.
NukeAg10
AG
Ol Jock 99 said:

NukeAg10 said:

The problem is YOU sir!

I am a heterosexual, white male so I definitely am the problem.

Great win! Luka couldn't shoot for **** in the fourth, but he made some great passes and others stepped up to put away the win.
EastSideAg2002
The key is the clippers are over .500
MW03
AG
Got to love this stat

mavsfan4ever
AG
We are winning this series. Being such underdogs for the series was crazy. a joke. I took it just bc I thought it should be more like +150. But if the refs don't start giving the clippers whistles like they give the lakers then I think we are in very good shape.

Edit: no jinx
awrollins
I know I'm a little late, but WOW WOW WOW what an awesome game. I loved the confidence that I saw from THJ, JB, JRich, and DFS. Luka did Luka things. Only possible complaint that I could possibly find would be with KP, but even then he locked the game away for us in the last two minutes. What a game...
BallerStaf2003
AG
I wish y'all could have been at staples center today. There were a lot of mavs fans, but everyone was really cool.

The game was super intense and you can see how hard luka and the other mavs play down on the court.

Most importantly (and being in LA this may be more pronounced) it was so awesome just being at a sporting event and being around people. The clippers fans around us were fun and everyone was grateful to be there.
PatAg
AG
PatAg
AG
Phat32
AG
Love this so much. **** Beverly
Spaceship
AG
Looks like game 2 is on NBA TV. Will that be on the NBA TV channel on YouTube TV, or does it require an additional subscription?
NukeAg10
AG
It should be a standard channel, bc I have it and I don't have any additional packages.
Spaceship
AG
NukeAg10 said:

It should be a standard channel, bc I have it and I don't have any additional packages.

Thanks
MavsAg
AG
Pretty sure it's blacked out if you live in DFW though.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.