***Official 2020-2021 Dallas Mavericks Season Thread***

174,970 Views | 2549 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by MW03
South Platte
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Maybe our coach and Luka should yell at our other players for playing horrible basketball instead of the refs.
Carlo4
AG
Ol Jock 99 said:

And Luka gets tossed for...absolutely nothing at all.

Ref said it's because he rolled the ball to the other side of the court... not caught on camera... which is "disrespectful" and violates the rules, even though it happens all the time. All four of Carlisles ejections have come from same ref. I see a pattern...
PatAg
AG
South Platte said:

Maybe our coach and Luka should yell at our other players for playing horrible basketball instead of the refs.
YOu should stop posting on this thread
NoahAg
Aaaand we back into the 5th seed while lebron whines about the play in games. haha
Grapesoda2525
NoahAg said:

Aaaand we back into the 5th seed while lebron whines about the play in games. haha
By the slimmest of slimmest possible margins.
EastSideAg2002
NoahAg said:

South Platte
PatAg said:

South Platte said:

YOu should stop posting on this thread

I see you are a yell the ref guy. That's fine. I'll be over here losing the season series to Houston and getting swept by the Kings.
hph6203
AG
Fully support yelling at the ref when the ref makes a bad call.
mavsfan4ever
AG
Luka yells/whines at the ref every single shot he misses, as well as most of the ones he makes. It's gotten beyond ridiculous. Makes him unlikeable and may end up costing us a game if he gets one more. Norm, Donny and Sirois had a good segment on it today and I agreed with them. Sirois basically said Luka seems like an a brat and we just tend to overlook it bc of how good he is and bc he's our star player. But it would be much more noticeable if we weren't Mavs fans. And now it has started to hurt the team.

The refs were a joke last night all game long (but the offensive foul that got Luka mad seemed like a good call). But this isn't a one game thing. It's an every game (and every shot) thing.

If he wasn't on our team, we'd think he's the biggest ***** and whiner in the league. The refs have taken notice. He really needs to work on it for next season. I don't expect much to change on the fly this year but hopefully I'm wrong.
Ol Jock 99
AG
Donnie and Sirois were right: "good news...next few games are against + .500 teams."
MW03
AG
So... Send luka in to get a T, sit him against brooklyn with the rest, right guys?
mavsfan4ever
AG
Great win.

Lol problem with that is that if he then gets two more he sits again I believe.
Grapesoda2525
Ol Jock 99 said:

Donnie and Sirois were right: "good news...next few games are against + .500 teams."
It's not really that...... it's just Sacramento who owns us for some reason.
MW03
AG
Iowaggie
AG
Mavs magic number to win the Southwest division is 3.

The only significance of winning the division is if the Mavs, Lakers, Blazers end up in a 3-way tie for 5th, "Division winner" is the first tie-breaker.
Ol Jock 99
AG
Have us a heck of a game going. Going to be tight.
94chem
What a sloppy play by Doncic at the end. Hold the ball and get fouled.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
Ol Jock 99
AG
Great win!
Oh Four Five
AG
DFS was +23 in 39 minutes. That means in the 9 minutes he was off the court, the Mavs were -19.
hph6203
AG
Take both against Cleveland and go 2-2 the rest of the way and I bet they don't have to worry about the play in tournament. Especially if the Lakers lose tonight.
EconAg18
AG
94chem
After a 30 year break, the East should have pretty competitive playoffs.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
South Platte
Confident with Harden still out? Sure.
awrollins
South Platte said:

It was a joke about how bad we play against the Kings.
South Platte
awrollins said:

South Platte said:

But he's not wrong. I still have nightmares of getting swept by GSW then seeing Richardson and Stephen Jackson light us up in the first round.
Grapesoda2525
South Platte said:

awrollins said:

South Platte said:

But he's not wrong. I still have nightmares of getting swept by GSW then seeing Richardson and Stephen Jackson light us up in the first round.
The Mavericks could've avoided that matchup by losing games on purpose to the clippers and Lakers in the second half of the season, but..... no the Mavericks wanted to win 67 games then get owned by nelly who was the only coach in the league with a blueprint on how to stop dirk.
hph6203
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

South Platte said:

awrollins said:

South Platte said:

The Mavericks could've avoided that matchup by losing games on purpose to the clippers and Lakers in the second half of the season, but..... no the Mavericks wanted to win 67 games then get owned by nelly who was the only coach in the league with a blueprint on how to stop dirk.
Not only is this a bad take, it's also wrong.

Lakers were the 7 seed. Losing to them wouldn't have impacted the Warriors being slotted at 8, and losing to them wouldn't have bumped the Mavs to the 2 seed even if they got swept by both the Lakers and Clippers.

The only thing the Mavericks could have done was lose to the Clippers with 6 to go and try to beat the Warriors with 2 games to go, but given the Warriors swept the season series there's no guarantee the Mavericks would've won that game even if they had tried.

It was just a ****ty series against a team the Mavericks matched up horribly with.
PatAg
AG
Only reason we lost that series is because they shot out of their mind from 3pt range, and then proceeded to shoot something like 20% less from 3 agains the Spurs on the same shots.
dave94
AG
Why are we even talking about that horrible horrible experience.

I hate when it's ever brought up. Thank god we got ours in 2011, otherwise it would sting so much worse.
Saint Pablo
I've been impressed with Powell lately! His play has been nice, I feel like he really had an impact on the game last night.
True Anomaly
AG
Saint Pablo said:

I've been impressed with Powell lately! His play has been nice, I feel like he really had an impact on the game last night.
He's back to his pre-injury efficiency. So happy for that dude- he's done nothing but work hard for this team. And to think he was just a throw-in for the Rondo trade
MW03
AG
I was really glad they didn't move Powell at the deadline, and it's paying dividends at the right time.
The Shank Ag
94chem said:

What a sloppy play by Doncic at the end. Hold the ball and get fouled.
His confidence at the line is terrible right now... but even two missed FT and a long court for Brooklyn would definitely have been better than a turnover right under the basket
NoahAg
I think beating the New super friends of Brooklyn is more enjoyable than beating the lakers.
Ol Jock 99
AG
I'm not sure I've ever seen a team with as poor body language as the Clippers.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.