***Official 2020-2021 Dallas Mavericks Season Thread***

172,176 Views | 2549 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by MW03
Saint Pablo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BallerStaf2003 said:

I have NBA TV and the feed is so crappy.
Is NBATV separate from the NBATV station on YoutubeTV?? Mavs are blocked out when they are on that...then I just don't get any games lol
BallerStaf2003
AG
Saint Pablo said:

BallerStaf2003 said:

I have NBA TV and the feed is so crappy.
Is NBATV separate from the NBATV station on YoutubeTV?? Mavs are blocked out when they are on that...then I just don't get any games lol

It's the nba app that you use to access your subscription for one team. I'm in LA so I need it to watch any mavs games not on national tv.

Wether on my phone, Apple TV, or through my Samsung tv nba app, it looks like garbage.
hph6203
AG
MW03 said:

Have any of you guys made the jump to att now? I tried Hehestreams but found it buggy. Watching luka hey a triple double against houston visa game cast was more than I can take, though.
I subscribed at the start of the season, but the subscription cost is a kick in the balls, because the only thing I watch on it is the Mavs.
True Anomaly
AG
hph6203 said:

MW03 said:

Have any of you guys made the jump to att now? I tried Hehestreams but found it buggy. Watching luka hey a triple double against houston visa game cast was more than I can take, though.
I subscribed at the start of the season, but the subscription cost is a kick in the balls, because the only thing I watch on it is the Mavs.
It's a tough pill to swallow, but given the quality of it, I was happy to pay it ultimately. I definitely blame these cable groups who can't figure their **** out to put Fox Sports/whatever-its-gonna-be-called back on the air everywhere
awrollins
Josh Richardson is struggling...
hph6203
AG
Kleber. Is. Not.
awrollins
Harp jinxed that... Great, clutch shot by Kleber though. OT we go!
mavsfan4ever
AG
Sick game in the 4th. Joker kills us again at the buzzer. Hopefully we can win in OT. We need this one.
Saint Pablo
How was that not a foul on Jokic
Saint Pablo
Huge win. Love it! Kleber played his ass off towards the end. WCS defended Jokic well early. Luka was Luka.
dave94
AG
Great comeback and win.
awrollins
Kleber is the kinda guy you win championships with...
True Anomaly
AG
A game like this shows that when they prioritize improving defense from last season, it can pay off
awrollins
True Anomaly said:

A game like this shows that when they prioritize improving defense from last season, it can pay off
Defense definitely kept us in the game. Offense won it for us at the end. However that 40 second defensive sequence from 50 seconds to 7 seconds was absolutely beautiful. I'm looking forward to see what Rick does with KP when he comes back.
MW03
AG
MW03 said:

Kleber is the kind of dude you absolutely need on your rotation to be a championship team.

I'm not saying Kleber is on the no-trade list by any stretch, but I'd be hard pressed to move him. I know he struggled in the bubble, but he was also asked to do an impossible thing guarding Kawhi Leonard. At his size, he's capable of doing that and also pulling assignment on someone like Zion Williamson. He can defend the paint or the wing (to a certain extent), he can score inside and outside, he's cheap, and he's a locker room guy.

Keep Kleber

Bears repeating. He's shooting 48% from 3 to start the season, and his true shooting percentage is 73%. Not bad at all.

Fun note: I somehow forgot how good Jokic actually is. He's presently leading the league in assists by like 15, and he's averaging a triple double. He's also 7', about 300#.

That game last night had everything.

Dallas storms back and takes the lead in the 3rd. Jokic then proceeds to drop 15 points in the 4th. Luka drives and puts an absolute dime on Kleber, who proceeds to drain a 3 with 4 seconds left to take the lead. So what? Jokic drops a 20 footer at the buzzer for points 16 and 17 in the 4th to send the game to overtime.

And then what happens?

Oh you know. Luka scores 9 in 5 minutes JR chips in another 5. Maxi grabs 4 boards. And Dallas wins by 7.

What a damn game.
M.C. Swag
AG
The Clippers game was the most fun win of the season, but i think last night was the most impressive. My heart just sank through the floor when Jokic nailed that shot to send it to OT.

Last night was also a peferct example of why JRich is so important to our team. In the first half he couldn't buy a bucket, but his defensive skillset makes it so that's he's still impacting the game. It was only a matter of time before some of his shots fell.
Phat32
AG
Such good experience on the road for these guys.
hph6203
AG
Gonna be a tough couple of games with DFS, Brunson and Richardson in quarantine.
awrollins
hph6203 said:

Gonna be a tough couple of games with DFS, Brunson and Richardson in quarantine.

Yep, hopefully we see some Terry and Green. I bet they both will have to run with the 2s...
Spaceship
AG
Maxi has the rona now too. Will we fielding a roster next game? Sheesh.
M.C. Swag
AG
Yea, not good. I have no idea how the entire team wont be in contract tracing quarantine. If it somehow just sticks with Maxi that means the Mavs will likely be down 4 starters; KP, DoeDoe, JRich, & Maxi
Phat32
AG
They should have all just passed it around during the off-season. Get it over with.
Spaceship
AG
Put Luka in a bubble at least
Saint Pablo
Mavs-Pels postponed.
MW03
AG
Someone get Luka an honorary doctorate so we can get him in vaccine group 1A...
COAg15
AG
I've got a bad feeling about this. Another game got postponed tomorrow as well. Is it unraveling?
Saint Pablo
Shams reported this AM that the league hadn't discussed shutting down. Silver seemed to know this would be happening around this time and would likely be the worst time period for the league.
NoahAg
Saint Pablo said:

Mavs-Pels postponed.
More healing time for KP.
M.C. Swag
AG
For those of us who were following the draft. Desmond Bane was the combo guard out of TCU that got drafted at 30 when Memphis traded up specifically ahead of us to take him before our pick at 31. He's having a great start to his career and is a guy i was pounding the table for the Mavs to take at 18. I hope Green pans out b/c this is already starting to haunt me:

awrollins
M.C. Swag said:

For those of us who were following the draft. Desmond Bane was the combo guard out of TCU that got drafted at 30 when Memphis traded up specifically ahead of us to take him before our pick at 31. He's having a great start to his career and is a guy i was pounding the table for the Mavs to take at 18. I hope Green pans out b/c this is already starting to haunt me:

I am still upset about that night, and even more so that Terry seems to be folding under the lights. I am going to be curious in year or two how this draft is going to pan out.
awrollins
This is great news considering how bad I though we would be hit after yesterday...
DANManman
AG
Great revenge win over Charlotte!

Kristaps looked good in his limited minutes, and Luka is deadly this early in the season! Looks like good times are ahead.
M.C. Swag
AG
Luka's best all around game? I think so!

Josh Green FINALLY flashed. Dude was everywhere. If he can develop ANY kind of shot (perimeter, mid range, floater, whatever), then I'll be happy. He's like a super DFS starter kit.

KP looked awesome and he still terrifies me every time he goes to the ground (which seems unnaturally frequent).

If we can get our guys back and stay out of COVID-trouble, I think we're starting to see the potential of this team.
awrollins
M.C. Swag said:

Luka's best all around game? I think so!

Josh Green FINALLY flashed. Dude was everywhere. If he can develop ANY kind of shot (perimeter, mid range, floater, whatever), then I'll be happy. He's like a super DFS starter kit.

KP looked awesome and he still terrifies me every time he goes to the ground (which seems unnaturally frequent).

If we can get our guys back and stay out of COVID-trouble, I think we're starting to see the potential of this team.
We looked like a team that could compete with a lot of the best team around the league last night AND we were missing 5 potential starters... Great win last night!
gigem1223
Oladipo anyone?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.