***Official 2020-2021 Dallas Mavericks Season Thread***

172,188 Views | 2549 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by MW03
DANManman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Something to cheer for during these gloomy times: Luka voted as All-Star starter for the second year in a row!

I pray everyone back in Texas stays safe and finds somewhere to stay warm!
Jesus saves
M.C. Swag
AG
Yep, well deserved! Lol He has now qualified for the Rose Rule super extension in his 3rd year.
True Anomaly
AG
Got tickets for Tuesday night's game- they're starting to reach out to their season ticket holders and offering free games
M.C. Swag
AG
I got the Monday game! Excited to see Ja Morant in person!
mavsfan4ever
AG
Same. I was surprised that the thunder game seemed to be the quickest to go. But I bet it had a lot to do with the snow storm and all the shot everyone has been going through. So a game that was a couple weeks away seemed way more appealing.
Iowaggie
AG
M.C. Swag said:

Both teams are supposed to wear throwback uniforms.

mavsfan4ever
AG
Is it the normal green jerseys for the Mavs or are they wearing some other sort of throwback jersey?
awrollins
Iowaggie said:

M.C. Swag said:

Haven't we had a week off? How in the world is he still hurt? He slip on the ice or something?
Saint Pablo
awrollins said:

Iowaggie said:

M.C. Swag said:

Haven't we had a week off? How in the world is he still hurt? He slip on the ice or something?
It's Porzingis, are you seriously asking this question?
BallerStaf2003
AG

Oh wow. Check out this footage of KP at his cardio boxing class. Seems true to form!
MW03
AG
Guys. There's Mavs basketball tonight!
MW03
AG
Man, nba players love the Kobe Pronto Grinch, and it's a cool shoe, bit damn they look terrible with our green uniforms
M.C. Swag
AG
Ugly game but Memphis seemed determined to lose that one more than the mavs
hph6203
AG
Rick giving these reporters the business. First Macmahon, now soccer jersey guy.
rsf0626
How tf did KP get hurt? Before tonight we didnt have a game in like 8 days

Dude is such an injury liability
rsf0626
Saint Pablo
Probably sneezed too hard.
EconAg18
AG
Saint Pablo
Good!
jeffdjohnson
It is plausible that the Mavs purposely held out KP on the front end of this back-to-back in order to get him into the Boston game. If he plays today then that is certainly what happened. Guess we will find out tonight.

Regarding whether I would trade KP, it is just difficult to assess his value. I would lean towards a neutral asset, but I'm sure quite a few teams would view him as a negative asset. I'm pretty confident that the Mavs could trade him away for expiring contracts and a heavily protected 1st rounder to some team wanting to gamble on his upside. I just don't see how that makes the Mavericks better though.

It wouldn't shock me at all if he is playing at an all-star level during the 2nd half of the schedule. He pretty much did that last year coming off a surgery (mediocre 1st half, all-star level 2nd half). You can't just give that upside away for expiring contracts. Unfortunately, I don't think KP as a centerpiece gets you in LaVine or Beal talks either. I'm not opposed to trading KP if you are bringing back talent, I just have a hard time seeing a trade like that happening.
EconAg18
AG
Rumors are we are trying to package KP, Kleber, and other assets to acquire Karl Anthony-Towns. KAT has been incredible as of late, and I think KP needs to be the guy wherever he goes.
M.C. Swag
AG
EconAg18 said:

Rumors are we are trying to package KP, Kleber, and other assets to acquire Karl Anthony-Towns. KAT has been incredible as of late, and I think KP needs to be the guy wherever he goes.
Where have you seen this?
COAg15
AG
Whether the FO wants to eventually move him or not....I can't say definitively one way or another. However, it's very unlike the Mavs FO to leak a rumor like that. I call BS that we've actually reached to the league. The first reporter that leaked that rumor is a Bleacher Report guy from NYC...
M.C. Swag
AG
COAg15 said:

Whether the FO wants to eventually move him or not....I can't say definitively one way or another. However, it's very unlike the Mavs FO to leak a rumor like that. I call BS that we've actually reached to the league. The first reporter that leaked that rumor is a Bleacher Report guy from NYC...
For sure. Even within the article it says the Mavs are interested in pairing another defensive minded big next to KP.
EconAg18
AG
Various Mavs and TWolves media sources have been pushing a "potential blockbuster trade" between the two teams since January. KAT is unhappy in Minnesota, and just interesting how much smoke there is from their journalists about how the Mavs would be a perfect trading partner. Where there's smoke, there's fire.
M.C. Swag
AG
EconAg18 said:

Various Mavs and TWolves media sources have been pushing a "potential blockbuster trade" between the two teams since January. KAT is unhappy in Minnesota, and just interesting how much smoke there is from their journalists about how the Mavs would be a perfect trading partner. Where there's smoke, there's fire.
What does "various media sources" mean? Haha when i google it all i get are BS articles from people who literally do nothing but fictionalize deals. Like this one dude 'Greg Patuto' goes division by division and just writes up mock trades.

I'd love to have KAT but I don't see any rumors. Just fan fiction.
dave94
AG
Phat32
AG
KAT pairs better with Luka...
Guitarsoup
AG
EconAg18 said:

Best I can do is one Lamarcus.
jeffdjohnson
Guitarsoup said:

EconAg18 said:

Best I can do is one Lamarcus.

Whoa. How many picks would the Mavs also have to give up?
M.C. Swag
AG

DSJ was listed as "out" for back tightness before he was traded.
True Anomaly
AG
M.C. Swag said:

DSJ was listed as "out" for back tightness before he was traded.
For KP
True Anomaly
AG
Bobby Karalla works for the Mavs

EconAg18
AG
Hmmm...both KP and Kleber...interesting combo

MW03
AG
Kleber rolled his ankle last night
M.C. Swag
AG
EconAg18 said:

Hmmm...both KP and Kleber...interesting combo

Kleber is legit injured. He left the game to go into the lockerroom and never came back out.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.