***Official 2020-2021 Dallas Mavericks Season Thread***

174,463 Views | 2549 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by MW03
dave94
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
South Platte said:

PatAg said:

More posts after one loss than on a 5 game winning streak
Dallas people don't like losing to Houston garbage and the worst team in the NBA. It's an alarming loss.

Eh, it was a night where Houston was hitting everything and the Mavs couldn't buy a bucket for several spurts.

I'm not worried but it sucks to lose these ones.
PatAg
AG
South Platte said:

PatAg said:

More posts after one loss than on a 5 game winning streak
Dallas people don't like losing to Houston garbage and the worst team in the NBA. It's an alarming loss.
It's not alarming in any way
Ol Jock 99
AG
Good win. Got a little dicey, but then they finished strong.
South Platte
Great win. I'm here, roast me for last night. I don't care. Every game matters as we try to dig our way back to potentially a 4 seed and home court advantage.
mavsfan4ever
AG
1 game back of Portland. The standings are so weird this tamest that there is no telling what seed you want to end up with. Ideally you'd like to get to 4 for home court advantage but can't imagine that will happen with how well the top 4 are playing and how much ground we have to make up. And other than that, who knows what seeding you want.
NoahAg
Alarming win
Saint Pablo
Good win. I wish that I could watch on YouTubeTV.
MW03
AG
Saint Pablo said:

Hehe streams has been a godsend
Saint Pablo
MW03 said:

Saint Pablo said:

Hehe streams has been a godsend

It annoys me to pull it up on my laptop and my roku is garbage for getting stuff on the TV.
MW03
AG
i sideloaded it onto my various firesticks and it's worked pretty well. i'd say it's good to go about 95% of the time.
Ol Jock 99
AG
Not great Bob.
awrollins
Lucky shot. Great response to adversity however! Always love to see that in this young team!
BallerStaf2003
AG
That was frustrating to watch.

EconAg18
AG

M.C. Swag
AG
Mavs handing out Ws to the slumping texas teams was not fun. In isolation, losing to the spurs didn't bother me that much but considering we play the Sixers who absolutely own Luka, it's tough not to feel deflated about what will likely be back to back Ls.
jeffdjohnson
In the course of a game I think you would much rather a player take a contested mid-range shot than give up an open 3 pointer. Math is on your side on that one. However, in a final shot situation where a 2 pointer or a 3 pointer hurt you equally then you should attempt to funnel that ball to the open 3 point shooter. That is probably in the high 30% range as opposed to a mid-range shot (40% - 50%) by a guy who was cooking you the 2nd half. Plus if you rush a double team at around ~5 seconds left, even if the 3 point shot is made you would get the ball back with time to run a quick play. Unfortunate strategy by Carlisle at the end but give credit to DeRozan for dropping 25 in the second half.
BallerStaf2003
AG
Just using the eye test, the physicality of philly is much much tougher than the mavs. I thought we got some dogs?

Still hoping for the W. Luka is very dialed in.
Ol Jock 99
AG
Embiid is a beast. We don't have anyone that can physically match up with him. Not that many others do...
MW03
AG
Does the NBA call flops anymore or no?
MW03
AG
Simmons should be fouled our by now...
Saint Pablo
Man the ESPN crew is being tough on Luka.
EconAg18
AG
Compared to his March stats, THJ is having a tough April so far. Need him to get out of this slump
Saint Pablo
Saint Pablo
The strategy for resting KP does not make sense to me. If you're gonna rest him against the 6ers, might as well give Luka the night off too. Because everyone knew how this was going to go.
keithd03
Can't have your 2nd best player be an every other night player and expect real success
Ol Jock 99
AG
keithd03 said:

Can't have your 2nd best player be an every other night player and expect real success
I have but one blue star to give, and thus I giveth it to you.
PatAg
AG
Saint Pablo said:

They never have any idea what the **** they are talking about.
Saint Pablo
PatAg said:

Saint Pablo said:

They never have any idea what the **** they are talking about.
You are not wrong. Very odd that they were so critical of his body language and "leadership"...we are without our second best player and were outmanned by a pretty wide margin. Why wouldn't he be frustrated? I wonder if they were as critical of LeBron his first year with LA
MW03
AG
Same group will talk about Kawhi Leonard, Russel Westbrook, and James Harden glowingly.
Saint Pablo
MW03 said:

Same group will talk about Kawhi Leonard, Russel Westbrook, and James Harden glowingly.
Yup. It is odd to me the way many media members seem to dislike Luka.
Saint Pablo
Since Luka was asked about it in the postgame presser, the play in game is complete GARBAGE. Especially considering it impacts the 7 and 8 seeds.
hph6203
AG
It's really ****ing dumb. It made sense last year as a compromise to teams on the bubble that didn't have enough runway to make a move into the playoffs, but this year everyone knows the length of the season and you've got 72 games to earn your way in.
Saint Pablo
hph6203 said:

It's really ****ing dumb. It made sense last year as a compromise to teams on the bubble that didn't have enough runway to make a move into the playoffs, but this year everyone knows the length of the season and you've got 72 games to earn your way in.
I wouldn't have a huge issue with an 8-9 play in game where 9 has to win 2 games to get in and 8 only needs 1, but the current system is horrid.
M.C. Swag
AG
Saint Pablo said:

hph6203 said:

I wouldn't have a huge issue with an 8-9 play in game where 9 has to win 2 games to get in and 8 only needs 1, but the current system is horrid.
I wouldn't have a problem with it if they just got rid of conference seeding. Just do at large seeding with the 15-20 spots do the play in.

The Mavs would be the 9 seed in an overall NBA playoff seed playoffs and safely out of the play in.
Saint Pablo
https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/31249644/dallas-mavericks-owner-mark-cuban-says-nba-play-tournament-plan-enormous-mistake

Interesting article. Agree with the point, but makes Cuban look petty since he was a part of the governor's board that voted unanimously for this.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.