***Official 2020-2021 Dallas Mavericks Season Thread***

172,189 Views | 2549 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by MW03
MW03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Man. I can't take another.
FattyDelights
[Keep the political stuff off of this thread or get banned. -Staff]
Saint Pablo
FattyDelights said:

Enjoy your China, anti American **** chumps. Pathetic group of people still supporting this *****
Go back to F16 fatty.
hph6203
AG
MW03
AG
I dont even care. Rick dialed up a beauty. Luka is ****ing other worldly cosmic craziness. It's late and I'm pouring a drink. God bless the Dallas Mavericks.
EconAg18
AG
If you didn't like the feeling of sheer panic and anxiety at the end of that basketball game then you don't like Mavs basketball
M.C. Swag
AG
ILL SEE YALL AT GAME 6 WHEN WE CLOSE OUT THESE FRAUDS
MW03
AG
hph6203 said:

Rondo doing Rondo things
hph6203
AG
So fun watching the TNT guys trying to figure out how the Clippers should try to stop Luka. We'll see how he is after only a day off.
Infection_Ag11
AG
RedBeardDude said:

KP is currently wasted space. Zero offensive threat and defense liability. Put Powell back in

The Clippers are just a really bad matchup for KP. There's a handful of guys in the league with the size/length/defensive ability to both prevent him from going by them and shooting over them with ease, and three of them are on the Clippers.

If Dallas ends up in a 7 game series with the Suns or Nuggets this year, KP will eat those matchups up.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
True Anomaly
AG
BallerStaf2003
AG
gigem1223 said:

"The Dallas Mavericks will not win another game this series"

Didn't take but 1 game for Charles Barkley to insert foot in mouth

You should read skip hatless' Twitter during the game. Nonstop foot in mouth. He's such a joke.
jtstanley4621
AG
Skip's entire brand is just taking a position and not backing away from it no matter what. Easily the most unbearable sports talking head out there, which is saying a lot
NoahAg
Crazy stat: Luka accounted for 31 of the Mavs 37 field goals. Either made baskets or assists. Highest percentage ever in a playoff game.
M.C. Swag
AG
This win hinged on 1 micro moment and 1 macro;

The Micro Play of the Game:
Powell's pure effort play to rescue a reeling Mavs offense which created a HUGE second chance 3 for THJ.

The Macro Play of the Game (bear with me, it's a little long):
Rick absolutely putting his nuts on the table with starting Boban. This move was so crazy it worked. Boban checked out of the first quarter with 3:43 left on the clock and the Mavs had a LEAD (21 - 19). Winning these early Boban minutes was huge for a couple reasons but the 'biggest' (pardon the pun) was because of how it forced Ty Lue to adjust later in the game.

In the 3rd qtr, the Mavs put the same starting lineup in with Boban as did the Clippers. Things were pretty sloppy for the Mavs early in the qtr but they were holding on. However, instead of playing Boban for 8.5 minutes like he did in the first, Rick only played him 5.5 minutes. He pulled Boban when the Mavs were down by 3, just 30 seconds after Ty Lue put Zubac in. Rick was waiting for Zubac and inserted Powell. Ty Lue left Zubac in. Rick baited Ty Lue into playing Zubac and then pulled the chair on him.

And that's when the game was won. Once Powell entered the 3rd the Mavs went on a 22 - 5 run! (Including the play i posted above). This was Rick f'n Carlisle. He went big against the Clippers small ball lineup and went small against their big lineup and it absolutely ****ed with the Clippers. Carlisle was handed a roster of bums and spun some magical bull**** against an inferior coach.

Luka was of course a god the first 3 quarters, but without Rick I'm not sure how we win this game based on the brick fest the rest of the team was laying.

I can't wait for the game on Friday.
94chem
So staff removes my pro-Mavs quote without comment, warns the anti-Mavs guy, but leaves what he wrote in the thread. I thought this was a Mavs thread. I've been a fan since the expansion team. Did I offend Tim Duncan's love child or something?
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
M.C. Swag
AG
Also, I don't know if there's another player in the league that can put his defender in jail better than Luka. When he gets a defender on his back hip, that dude might as well take a seat because he's officially out of the play. Luka's big ass is literally a jail cell for defenders trying to go over a pick and roll.
EconAg18
AG
Beautiful

Ol Jock 99
AG
This kid might be ok someday.
True Anomaly
AG
Ol Jock 99 said:

This kid might be ok someday.
"Yeah, but wait until he does it against Gonzaga"
M.C. Swag
AG

This is why you keep Carlisle. In a 7 game series, he shines.
bigcat22
AG
fightinags2013
AG
Got two tickets for sale tonight. 306 row E. $150 each.

**SOLD**

Leaving the price up in case anyone else is looking to buy tonight. It's always nice to have an idea of what the market is like.
Grapesoda2525
Win tonight and both of the league favorite LA west coast NBA teams are eliminated! Please make it happen boys.
NoahAg
Any idea what Rick does tonight? Run Boban out again or go back to game 1/2 lineup? Seeing Powell's energy in game 5 it might be nice to see him get the start.
fightinags2013
AG
The Boban minutes were a bit deceptive. Worked out okay overall (i mean heck-we won) but he was still -9 in the game.
M.C. Swag
AG
NoahAg said:

Any idea what Rick does tonight? Run Boban out again or go back to game 1/2 lineup? Seeing Powell's energy in game 5 it might be nice to see him get the start.
I think we see the normal lineup. If anything, I could see WCS getting to start next to KP with Powell and Maxi being the backup bigs. But yea, the clippers started to adjust to Boban in the 3rd qtr of last game, so i doubt we see Rick try that gimmick again. I think we see Boban again though, just not to start.
Old School Brother
i think we'll see Luka, THJ, DFS, KP, and Powell as the first 5 tonight. Powell earned extra minutes the other night.
TexasAggiesWin
S
Boban - "You rang?"
TexasAggiesWin
S
Morris with (should be) 5 fouls in the 1st quarter
BallerStaf2003
AG
Luka is just. Incredible.
Spaceship
AG
Great start. Luka keep making those right in Morris' face.
PatAg
AG
Ball dont lie

refs are bad
TexasAggiesWin
S
Love Luka, but acting like that makes me shake my head
TexasAggiesWin
S
Morris has his arm hooked? WTF kind of call was that?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.