***Official 2020-2021 Dallas Mavericks Season Thread***

174,469 Views | 2549 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by MW03
PatAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
awinlonghorn said:

Chemistry is off with this team. They are not playing hard, its so clear.

I also think KP is overrated, he may average 20/7, but he really has no impact on the game.

This is another first round exit, IF they even make the playoffs given how tough the west is.

We are done with a quarter of the season, hard to see its an overreaction at this point.
go to whatever forum you normally discuss the mavs, which im going to guess is nowhere. It's already been brought up exactly why we look like we have no chemistry. It starts with covid and ends with protocols
Saint Pablo
Man idk if that's a good enough excuse to be down 25 to a Donovan Mitchell-less Jazz team in the first quarter.
awinlonghorn
You are right. He isn't. But 20 more games like this and he is.

Getting blown out repeatedly without the other teams best player isn't a good look.
awinlonghorn
Literally every team battles covid. You can't be 8-11 with your all world superstar playing every game. If you think getting blown out by Charlotte and Chicago because of covid , it's bs.
MW03
AG
I'm not ready to panic yet. 13 road games with half your damned team to start the season. They desperately need the upcoming home stand.

That being said, I'm rethinking my comments about Drummond because we can't board for ***** We can't guard the 3 either anyway, so you might as well be able to do something.
awinlonghorn
I found this shocking: we are the worst three point shooting team in the league. Dead last.
Danny Phantom
Out rebounded 31-13 in the 1H
awinlonghorn
Is it just me or do luka and kp have zero chemistry.

What do y'all think about a monster trade for Bradley Beal?
Saint Pablo
I want KP out. Dude is soft and a loser.
dave94
AG
That's ridiculous talk. There are a ton of bad looks going on with this team, but trading KP is not the solution.
Saint Pablo
Saint Pablo
South Platte
Saint Pablo said:

Saint Pablo said:

South Platte said:

For all the talk about this team, they sure do play some crappy basketball. Hope they figure it out over the next few years, but this team has no idea how to win.
Still have a handful of key players out with COVID, THJ clearly is still fighting through injury, and KP just played his third game of the season. Things will be okay. Let's not overreact.
Lol I may have been wrong. Something seems really off...Utah is about to run us off the floor again.

Definitely sucks. Regardless of fans in the stands, playing our last 12 of 14 at home should help. Odd load up on road games. I'm hoping we can get on a serious run.

Im more of a casual fan than you guys, so I don't take it all that hard. Just hoping my hometown team would give me something to cheer about since the Rangers are back to the cellar for the next decade.
True Anomaly
AG
This is truly the first time I've entertained the idea of the "fire Rick" notion. But still want to see the season play out

But I'm a basketball idiot, so I'd also link a Twitter thread from Jake Kemp here that gives objective analysis to the garbage we're currently watching:

True Anomaly
AG
Another great analysis of this hot garbage
Guitarsoup
AG
Saint Pablo said:

I'll give you one TheMarcus Aldridge.
M.C. Swag
AG
I've seen Rick drag garbage teams to the playoffs so I'll never understand or be on team "fire Rick." I admit my bias but I think I'm right to have it. I'd rather trade the team (other than Luka) than fire Rick.

I really think it's a combination of the team just missing their open shots + KP not carrying his weight at all. Dude is the highest paid player on the team and is playing like a rotation guy.

BallerStaf2003
AG
Saint Pablo said:

I like KP, but he is very soft on defense. Constantly getting outdone physically. Seems like any possession in the paint be ends up out of bounds.
Saint Pablo
M.C. Swag said:

I've seen Rick drag garbage teams to the playoffs so I'll never understand or be on team "fire Rick." I admit my bias but I think I'm right to have it. I'd rather trade the team (other than Luka) than fire Rick.

I really think it's a combination of the team just missing their open shots + KP not carrying his weight at all. Dude is the highest paid player on the team and is playing like a rotation guy.

Agree w this. I wonder what we could get for KP.
Danny Phantom
What would it take to trade for Bradley Beal? I'd be willing to trade anything minus Luka.
Saint Pablo
Danny Phantom said:

What would it take to trade for Bradley Beal? I'd be willing to trade anything minus Luka.
I wonder if they'd do KP straight up...it seems like he wants outta there.
PatAg
AG
True Anomaly said:

This is truly the first time I've entertained the idea of the "fire Rick" notion. But still want to see the season play out

But I'm a basketball idiot, so I'd also link a Twitter thread from Jake Kemp here that gives objective analysis to the garbage we're currently watching:

people in here would rather throw out their horrible sports takes based on feeling than look at anything factual
awrollins
Love the intensity so far!
MW03
AG
Does anyone know how old Deandre Ayton really is? 85?
MW03
AG
Ugly collapse. Team just undermanned. Shouldn't have sat KP.
awrollins
Horrific offense and defense in the last five minutes. Ugly ugly basketball. We really miss Seth.
Saint Pablo
MW03 said:

Does anyone know how old Deandre Ayton really is? 85?
He looks damn old. Glad someone else sees it.
Saint Pablo
Lose to the Jazz w/o Donovan Mitchell and then the Suns w/o Devin Booker the next night. Rough.
HartWorm93
AG
Enjoy Luka while you can because he's not coming back.
awinlonghorn
Trey broke has been a waste.

We really have no offense and no shooters without Luka.

A trade has to be in the works . If we miss the playoffs I think Luka is gone in a year or two
sincereag
I'll never understand why we traded Seth Curry, one of the best three point shooters in the league. The offseason trades to retool this team to improve the defense has been a disaster.
M.C. Swag
AG

Guitarsoup
AG

This former ballboy is hitting 53%.
M.C. Swag
AG
https://www.basketball-reference.com/leagues/NBA_2021_totals.html#totals_stats::fg3_pct

^qualified shooters only (no idea why)
Danny Phantom
Seth at #2 shooting 51.7% from deep

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.