***Official 2020-2021 Dallas Mavericks Season Thread***

174,783 Views | 2549 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by MW03
True Anomaly
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It's so beautiful I could cry. Wish we all could be there to see it in person

MW03
AG
Hehestreams free trial. Chromecast is choppy. Fire stick seems to work fine, though it just paused on me.
awrollins
I'm sorry, but please find me something DP does better than WCS. He just seems worthless out there, getting beat on the boards by a rookie PG.
True Anomaly
AG
awrollins said:

I'm sorry, but please find me something DP does better than WCS. He just seems worthless out there, getting beat on the boards by a rookie PG.
I think I must agree. DP is now what he is

In related news, Lamelo is going to be better than his brother by a long shot
MW03
AG
Getting freaking speed bagged.
awrollins
We aren't trying very hard...
MW03
AG
Let the record reflect that I love James Johnson.
True Anomaly
AG
MW03 said:

Let the record reflect that I love James Johnson.

He's what this team needed- a bit of grit
COAg15
AG
Good lord, that was brutal. Awful awful game

(Although, the Hornets will be dece in a few years).
mavsfan4ever
AG
https://twitter.com/espn_macmahon/status/1344684064754835456?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1344684064754835456%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fforumserver.twoplustwo.com%2F46%2Fsporting-events%2Fnba-season-thread-2020-2021-a-1783501%2Findex8.html

Not sure how to imbed Twitter. But Luka has the fm second worst 3 point percentage through 4 games in league history with minimum of 20 attempts. Oubre is worst.
Guitarsoup
AG
mavsfan4ever said:

https://twitter.com/espn_macmahon/status/1344684064754835456?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1344684064754835456%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fforumserver.twoplustwo.com%2F46%2Fsporting-events%2Fnba-season-thread-2020-2021-a-1783501%2Findex8.html

Not sure how to imbed Twitter. But Luka has the fm second worst 3 point percentage through 4 games in league history with minimum of 20 attempts. Oubre is worst.
Here you go, Rook.

M.C. Swag
AG
Yeah I'm hoping as he gets in better shape his shots start falling. He looks gassed within 5 min of play time. He has to take his body seriously if he wants to maximize his talent.
PatAg
AG
20 attempts, 4 games is way too small a sample size to make any real analysis
hph6203
AG
These refs suck.
PatAg
AG
hph6203 said:

These refs suck.
big time
M.C. Swag
AG
frustrating game but i like what Rick is doing with these lineups. He's tinkering and i think it's injected some good energy.
awrollins
M.C. Swag said:

frustrating game but i like what Rick is doing with these lineups. He's tinkering and i think it's injected some good energy.

Tim Hardaway Jr 6th Man of the Year?! I loved everything about the lineups tonight...
NukeAg10
AG
Luka with his first triple-double of the season.

**** the rockets.
M.C. Swag
AG
awrollins said:

M.C. Swag said:

Tim Hardaway Jr 6th Man of the Year?! I loved everything about the lineups tonight...
It's so weird how finnicky players are. Last year Hardaway began the season on the bench and couldn't get anything goin until Seth Curry got hurt and Tim had to take his place in the starting lineup where he then had a great year. It's like it's reversed.
awrollins
M.C. Swag said:

awrollins said:

M.C. Swag said:

It's so weird how finnicky players are. Last year Hardaway began the season on the bench and couldn't get anything goin until Seth Curry got hurt and Tim had to take his place in the starting lineup where he then had a great year. It's like it's reversed.

For real, WCS also looked great. Who do you think is going to get less minutes when KP comes back? I would guess DP almost gets none.
M.C. Swag
AG
I think Rick will still play DP next to KP and move Maxi to the bench. Before his Achilles year, Powell and KP were a good tandem so I'll give him a little slack to see if they can replicate that. But yea, he definitely hasn't looked good...at all.
True Anomaly
AG
M.C. Swag said:

I think Rick will still play DP next to KP and move Maxi to the bench. Before his Achilles year, Powell and KP were a good tandem so I'll give him a little slack to see if they can replicate that. But yea, he definitely hasn't looked good...at all.
Very likely to happen, but DP should be on the second rotation. The WCS experiment is working well, and I'm really excited to see both him and KP on the floor together.
awrollins
True Anomaly said:

M.C. Swag said:

Very likely to happen, but DP should be on the second rotation. The WCS experiment is working well, and I'm really excited to see both him and KP on the floor together.
I would love to see KP and WCS play together and see how it would turn out. Powell has just not looked the same since the injury. If I were coaching this is how I would rotate

Luka
JRich
DFS
Maxi
KP

6th: THJ (around 28-32 mins a night)
7th: WCS
8th: Brunson
9th/10th(situational): Burke (most min) / JJohnson/ Boban/Powell/Josh Green (least min)

I wish this is what our lineup would look like, however Rick tends to be stubborn so who knows (and he obviously knows more than me)

Looking forward to KPs imminent return and THJ's 6th Man of the Year Campaign (hopefully)!
dave94
AG
Powell's been back for exactly 10 games, including preseason. Let's give him a chance to ramp up, jeez.
M.C. Swag
AG
Yea it'll get sorted as time goes on and KP is going to be load managed throughout the year so the lineups will shift accordingly.

James Johnson is kind of weird one. He has extremely good handle for a guy his size. I could actually envision a starting unit of:
Luka
JRich
THJ
Johnson
KP

That's 3 ballhandlers on the court with 5 out spacing (none of those guys are snipers but they all can make outside shots) and great size (JRich would be our smallest player at 6'6).
awrollins
dave94 said:

Powell's been back for exactly 10 games, including preseason. Let's give him a chance to ramp up, jeez.

Powell has always been a subpar defender and rebounder and his one true element that he brought to the team was his superb rim running. However, opponents are no longer respecting that and Powell seems to barely try it anymore. I'm just not sure what he does better than WCS, even if he gets back into his peak form, which I see no signs of.
awrollins
M.C. Swag said:

Yea it'll get sorted as time goes on and KP is going to be load managed throughout the year so the lineups will shift accordingly.

James Johnson is kind of weird one. He has extremely good handle for a guy his size. I could actually envision a starting unit of:
Luka
JRich
THJ
Johnson
KP

That's 3 ballhandlers on the court with 5 out spacing (none of those guys are snipers but they all can make outside shots) and great size (JRich would be our smallest player at 6'6).

That would be a productive lineup. However, it might be better to put James Johnson with JB due to the fact that Brunson and Burke just haven't looked very in sync and struggle defensively. Meanwhile, when Luka plays with Trey they seem to complement each other pretty well. I'm super curious to see what Rick does.
M.C. Swag
AG
haha that'd work too! It's nice having an elite pg with size like Luka b/c he pretty much fits with anyone next to him.
MW03
AG
Have any of you guys made the jump to att now? I tried Hehestreams but found it buggy. Watching luka hey a triple double against houston visa game cast was more than I can take, though.
EconAg18
AG

Saint Pablo
Excited for Luka v Joker tonight!
COAg15
AG
Saint Pablo said:

This is normally my favorite game of the year (well one other). Living in Denver, I normally splurge on great tickets and get there early for autographs. Damn COVID.
BallerStaf2003
AG
Saint Pablo said:

Mavs are must watch TV in these F-ed up times.

Makes me happy and there aren't a lot of sources of joy these days.

Especially now that our boy is getting into shape.
Saint Pablo
BallerStaf2003 said:

Saint Pablo said:

Mavs are must watch TV in these F-ed up times.

Makes me happy and there aren't a lot of sources of joy these days.

Especially now that our boy is getting into shape.
I am also thankful it is nationally televised and I don't have to use StreamEast or any of that BS.
BallerStaf2003
AG
I have NBA TV and the feed is so crappy.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.