***Official 2020-2021 Dallas Mavericks Season Thread***

174,635 Views | 2549 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by MW03
Saint Pablo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Unicorn as in the only 7'3 player who is simultaneously 5'3
PatAg
AG
So you can just sprint halfway across the floor after another player and not get a Tech?
Ol Jock 99
AG
PatAg said:

So you can just sprint halfway across the floor after another player and not get a Tech?

When your fellow players do the right thing and stop your ass.
Trucker 96
Gonna need a new unicorn. How about just rebound and play some defense? This feels like an all around pout session
Trucker 96
No foul on that drive, ref? No ****ing respect
jtstanley4621
AG
KP is not a true superstar. Luka however is. The Mavs need someone else to pair Luka with to be able to take the true next step IMO.
PatAg
AG
Fore Left! said:

No foul on that drive, ref? No ****ing respect
Thats SO MUCH ****ing contact from Zubac on Luka, where is the call?
Spaceship
AG
KP has mastered the disappearing act.
Trucker 96
jtstanley4621 said:

KP is not a true superstar. Luka however is. The Mavs need someone else to pair Luka with to be able to take the true next step IMO.

They don't need him to be a star. I'd take just being present most nights
Trucker 96
No one not named Luka has done dick tonight.
Trucker 96
Nm
Infection_Ag11
AG
Fore Left! said:

No one not named Luka has done dick tonight.

Brunson has been good
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Trucker 96
I posted that before the last 2 buckets. Hadnt done much prior
Trucker 96
Leonard throws an elbow, no foul. Leonard gets breathed on, foul
Trucker 96
That would be physical taunting
bangobango
AG
Porzingas should be docked pay tonight.
EconAg18
AG
Morris is such a punk *****
Saint Pablo
He should be cut.
Trucker 96
Series is on now. Next one is huge.

And Luka should also probably cease all ref complaining since he can't hit FT's anyway.
Infection_Ag11
AG
The concern for Dallas should be the fact that they hit 20 threes and lost by double digits at home. That's never been done before in NBA playoff history.

LA shot incredibly well, but that's a bad look.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
bigcat22
AG
Luka deserved better tonight
Trucker 96
Hopefully whatever is going on with his shoulder doesn't get worse. I think he probably strained it having to carry KP so much
PatAg
AG
I love when people randomly show up in this thread to just be annoying as ****
PatAg
AG
If KP can't pour in buckets when they go small, then he needs to play less/go to the bench.
We can't play Kleber AND KP when they have no one taller than 6'8 on the floor, and tonight proved that.
I don't care if we pay KP like an all-pro, and that he will probably pout.
94chem
bigcat22 said:

Luka deserved better tonight

Yes and no. The guys around him looked like college players running with Michael Jordan. They deferred to the point where they wouldn't make consecutive passes to players other than Luka. Kleber was afraid to even take a dribble. Carlisle may have to force the ball out of Luka's hands by playing him more with Brunson.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
jeffdjohnson
Clippers shot 58/42/95 in this game. They hit a few tough shots but overall the Mavs season long poor defense was exposed badly. Mavs have no big wing defenders which you really need in this series. They may still be able to outshoot the Clippers 2 more times, but I am not confident that they have any defensive counters in future games. Porzingis especially can't play in this series.
94chem
Saint Pablo said:

Unicorn as in the only 7'3 player who is simultaneously 5'3

After watching him all season, it's a hard criticism to make, but it seems that KP just doesn't enjoy life very much. All world talent, but he just seems tortured on the inside.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
fightinags2013
AG
I'm glad maxi was afraid to dribble. He should not dribble.
94chem
fightinags2013 said:

I'm glad maxi was afraid to dribble. He should not dribble.

What exactly is he good at?
94chem,
hph6203
AG
If they play like that for the rest of the series, they deserve to lose. Luka and minimal help. They're better than that, and the Clippers aren't that good.
Grapesoda2525
You know what really pissed me off?

Game was in the 4th quarter and the announcer said "Kawhi is shooting 90% from the free throw line, but he's shooting even higher than that from the field tonight!"

We gotta do something to slow Kawhi and George down a little bit. The issue is that Kawhi and George are all stars, but against us they play like hall of famers who can barely miss a single shot.
PatAg
AG
jeffdjohnson said:

Clippers shot 58/42/95 in this game. They hit a few tough shots but overall the Mavs season long poor defense was exposed badly. Mavs have no big wing defenders which you really need in this series. They may still be able to outshoot the Clippers 2 more times, but I am not confident that they have any defensive counters in future games. Porzingis especially can't play in this series.
THe mavericks dont have season long poor defense, what the **** are you talking about
Grapesoda2525
Was this anyone here who went to the game tonight?

True Anomaly
AG
Well that game definitely sucked

BUT...the atmosphere was truly electric. I never got to go to a Finals game, but I would imagine that the beginning of that game in that arena was exactly what it was like during the Finals.
hph6203
AG
Guy got out of that truck and I thought oh **** that little dude is gonna get killed and then

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.