***Official 2020-2021 Dallas Mavericks Season Thread***

174,779 Views | 2549 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by MW03
M.C. Swag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
awrollins said:

M.C. Swag said:

I'm starting to doubt that we would have taken Bane or at least made the trade if we drafted Bane.
Bane would have made so much more sense at 18 with Richardson & Bey (but i understand the Mavs approach here)
awrollins
M.C. Swag said:

awrollins said:

M.C. Swag said:

I'm starting to doubt that we would have taken Bane or at least made the trade if we drafted Bane.
Bane would have made so much more sense at 18 with Richardson & Bey (but i understand the Mavs approach here)

Yeah I mean at 31. Mavs basically got their enforcer and a tough defender while basically replacing Seth curry with a younger version of Seth curry. But I'm still having flashbacks to bey being right there at 18....
M.C. Swag
AG
MW03
AG
Really wanted Woodard, but can't complain with how this has shaken out.
True Anomaly
AG
Man, I'll trust y'all- when hearing about Seth I was bummed the **** out
awrollins
True Anomaly said:

Man, I'll trust y'all- when hearing about Seth I was bummed the **** out

If you want to feel a little bit better, go watch Tyrell Terry's highlights...
M.C. Swag
AG
Seth is great but we need wings. JR just fits beautifully and the Terry pick basically covers for that shooting loss.

Plus, you'll feel a lot better when we flip THJ for Buddy tomorrow
M.C. Swag
AG
Also, did y'all see that Tyrell Terry broke some IQ test record for nba players? Now I love the pick even more b/c Rick loves nothing more than undersized guards with oversized brains.
awrollins
M.C. Swag said:

Also, did y'all see that Tyrell Terry broke some IQ test record for nba players? Now I love the pick even more b/c Rick loves nothing more than undersized guards with oversized brains.

I'm liking this pick at 31 more and more. At first, I thought it didn't make sense because we had Seth, but now... Mavs are three steps ahead
Old School Brother
https://www.theringer.com/platform/amp/2020/11/9/21555854/tyrell-terry-nba-draft-lottery?__twitter_impression=true
Scotty Flamingo
Why is everyone tripping out over Seth? I'll take a solid defender over an inconsistent shooter any day.
M.C. Swag
AG
The Fiend said:

Why is everyone tripping out over Seth? I'll take a solid defender over an inconsistent shooter any day.

Who is everyone? Lol I'm ecstatic
mavsfan4ever
AG
Yea I haven't seen anyone flipping out. But I think there is a little worry that we gave away one of our only shooters/playmakers and Luka may miss all of the space that Seth provided him bc seth's defenders had to guard him so far out and were afraid to help off of him. Seth was always underrated on the playmaking scale. But if Brunson is back and if terry turns out, then that's less of a worry. And depending on who we sign in free agency, that may not be a worry at all.

Plus most people loved watching Seth play, so it's probably disappointing from that aspect (entertainment), even though I think most people realize it's probably a good move for the team long term.
Saint Pablo
Fell asleep on the couch at like 9:30 and woke up this morning and it seems like everyone is very pleased with how the draft turned out. Looks like we got Tyrell Terry in a great spot. Did anyone else find it annoying the way Woj announced the pick 6 minutes before it happened?
True Anomaly
AG
M.C. Swag said:

Seth is great but we need wings. JR just fits beautifully and the Terry pick basically covers for that shooting loss.

You can definitely sign me up for some Buddy Hield
awrollins
What do the Mavs have to do to get Burke back?
Old School Brother
True Anomaly said:

M.C. Swag said:

You can definitely sign me up for some Buddy Hield
why not bogdanovich since the deal with the Bucks seems dead.
fightinags2013
AG
Seth is a career %44 3pt shooter... I don't think I'd call that "inconsistent"

Better hope Terry can give you some good shooting because the mavs wil miss Currys spacing if they don't have a quality replacement
Not_Sure
AG
fightinags2013 said:

Seth is a career %44 3pt shooter... I don't think I'd call that "inconsistent"

Better hope Terry can give you some good shooting because the mavs wil miss Currys spacing if they don't have a quality replacement

Re-signing Burke would help lessen this blow.
M.C. Swag
AG

lesggooo baby
jeffdjohnson

I'm intrigued.
jeffdjohnson
Interesting names to watch for me are Derrick Jones Jr. and Christian Wood. The Mavs actively tried to trade for DJJ just last year. Elite defender who can't shoot but is still very young. Wood was on the Mavs summer league at one point, he blew up last year on a small sample size. I'm curious what his market is. Could be a sign and trade guy. Also, I expect Delon Wright to get shipped out somewhere. Could be part of a sign and trade type deal for someone like Bogdonavich as well. I don't think this is a make or break day for the Mavericks. Fairly low-pressure day but if you only get so many opportunities to improve the team. But I just don't see them going all-in unless they really love someone like Lavine and want to flip multiple far future 1sts / pick swaps. That doesn't seem like a Mavs thing to do.
EconAg18
AG
Great value, happy to keep Burke in Dallas

Guitarsoup
AG
Quality contract for him.
Guitarsoup
AG
Dallas did have to use part of their MLE on Burke because they didn't have Bird Rights.
Not_Sure
AG
Money well spent in my opinion. I'm glad the Mavs didn't wait around trying to find the perfect deal for the full MLE and risk losing Burke, especially with Seth gone.
MW03
AG
Great deal on Burke.
EconAg18
AG

Old School Brother
Mavs trade delon Wright for James Johnson and Trevor ariza in three way deal.
Old School Brother
Correction..... The Mavericks gets James Johnson; Pistons get Delon Wright; OKC gets Ariza, Jackson and pick.
True Anomaly
AG
Old School Brother said:

Correction..... The Mavericks gets James Johnson; Pistons get Delon Wright; OKC gets Ariza, Jackson and pick.

The Mavs really have made some quality moves this offseason. Really happy to offload Delon Wright, and JJax just wasn't gonna show you anything else
JW
AG
Good trade
chris1515
AG
Christian Wood to the Rockets.

I agree with that comment above about JJax just not going to show you anything new. I had hopes that he would really develop into something good, but he never seemed to improve.

They still need a big man right? Willie Cauley-Stein coming back, or is there someone better still out there that might be a realistic target?
M.C. Swag
AG
WCS has opted out and will likely go elsewhere.

Milsap or Chiek Diallo would be good bench bigs.
jeffdjohnson
I'd like to see the Mavs use part or most of the remaining MLE to bring back WCS. Say 4M of the remaining 6M. Then use the last 2M to grab a combo guard like Mudiay or Glenn Robinson. But those are pretty minor moves to round out the bench. I like this team.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.