***Official 2020-2021 Dallas Mavericks Season Thread***

175,058 Views | 2549 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by MW03
dave94
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The Mavs haven't benefited from the draft lottery when they've qualified in the last 20 years. Tanking doesn't guarantee anything.
Ol Jock 99
AG
W. T. F.
Infection_Ag11
AG
This is a subtle tank to avoid LA and play Denver in round one. It's not a coincidence Carlisle's rotations are different than they've been all year.

This franchise is terrified of the Clippers' defensive length, whether they'll admit it or not. Denver is a much better matchup for us.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Seven Costanza
AG
Infection_Ag11 said:

This is a subtle tank to avoid LA and play Denver in round one. It's not a coincidence Carlisle's rotations are different than they've been all year.

This franchise is terrified of the Clippers' defensive length, whether they'll admit it or not. Denver is a much better matchup for us.
I believe if Dallas loses, Portland wins, and LAL wins, then Dallas is the 5 seed playing the Clippers. Of course Dallas winning would also ensure the 5 seed, so all they can really do is tank and hope Portland wins and LAL loses.

Edit: But if the Clippers win and Denver loses, then the Clippers are the 3 seed.
Infection_Ag11
AG
Seven Costanza said:

Infection_Ag11 said:

I believe if Dallas loses, Portland wins, and LAL wins, then Dallas is the 5 seed playing the Clippers. Of course Dallas winning would also ensure the 5 seed, so all they can really do is tank and hope Portland wins and LAL loses.

If Portland wins and Dallas loses, Dallas is the 6 seed. With the Clippers intentionally trying to lose and Portland blasting Denver, it would be Dallas/Denver in the 6/3 matchup.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Seven Costanza
AG
Infection_Ag11 said:

Seven Costanza said:

Infection_Ag11 said:

If Portland wins and Dallas loses, Dallas is the 6 seed. With the Clippers intentionally trying to lose and Portland blasting Denver, it would be Dallas/Denver in the 6/3 matchup.
If Portland wins, Dallas loses, and the Lakers win, it's a three-way tie. Dallas has the tie-breaker to be the 5 seed.
Infection_Ag11
AG
Seven Costanza said:

Infection_Ag11 said:

Seven Costanza said:

Infection_Ag11 said:

If Portland wins, Dallas loses, and the Lakers win, it's a three-way tie. Dallas has the tie-breaker to be the 5 seed.

How? Portland beat both Dallas and LA 2-1 this year.
qunique_2004
AG
Seven Costanza said:

Infection_Ag11 said:

Seven Costanza said:

Infection_Ag11 said:

But if the Clippers win don't they jump Denver into 3?
Seven Costanza
AG
Infection_Ag11 said:

Seven Costanza said:

Infection_Ag11 said:

Seven Costanza said:

Infection_Ag11 said:

First tie-breaker is division winner.
mavsfan4ever
AG
Infection_Ag11 said:

Seven Costanza said:

Infection_Ag11 said:

Seven Costanza said:

Infection_Ag11 said:

We have the 3 way tie breaker. I think bc we won our division. We are 5 seed with a 3 way tie.
Infection_Ag11
AG
Seven Costanza said:

Infection_Ag11 said:

Seven Costanza said:

Infection_Ag11 said:

Seven Costanza said:

Infection_Ag11 said:

First tie-breaker is division winner.

For some reason I thought the NBA did away with division winner tiebreaker several years ago.
Seven Costanza
AG
The Lakers and Blazers have opened up large leads in their games, so it looks like Dallas is the 5. The Clippers will now be free to tank the last few minutes if they want to play Dallas.
Trucker 96
Thunder up by 3 with 20something seconds left. Gonna be Mavs-Clippers
Pvilleaggie
I hate the clippers...so much
Trucker 96
Would love to see this light a fire and take these mother ****ers out
Grapesoda2525
Dallas Loss + Clippers Loss + Nuggets Loss = 3v6 against Nuggets

You guys sure? It looks like Denver to me.
Mozart Paintings
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

No. It's 5 seed vs the clippers. Dallas wins three way tiebreaker for 5th seed.
TDub
AG
Trucker 96
I drove bus said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

No. It's 5 seed vs the clippers. Dallas wins three way tiebreaker for 5th seed.

Yep. 2way tie with Portland would have been 6th, but it becoming a 3 way tie means 5th
mavsfan4ever
AG
Bring on the clipps. They can be our pistons to the Jordan bulls (although the clipps haven't won any titles).

With KP we were evenly matched last year. And we are better this year. I think we have a good shot.
mavsfan4ever
AG
Fore Left! said:

This. I'm more pumped for this series than I would've been for the nuggets. I do think we'd have a slightly better chance to beat the nuggets but not much difference. Think we have a good shot to beat the clippers.

Interested to see what the series line will be.
MW03
AG
Let me get this out of the way...

Fuxk Marcus Morris.
hph6203
AG
Gonna be saying that a couple of more times I bet.
Infection_Ag11
AG
mavsfan4ever said:

Fore Left! said:

This. I'm more pumped for this series than I would've been for the nuggets. I do think we'd have a slightly better chance to beat the nuggets but not much difference. Think we have a good shot to beat the clippers.

Interested to see what the series line will be.

I think we'd have had a much better chance against the Nuggets. I'd go so far as to say I think Dallas is the better team with Jamal Murray out.

Luka really struggles with the physicality and length of the Clippers on defense. The passing lanes are smaller, they clobber you in the lane more than anybody else in the league and they have great close out ability. Dallas has to be able to consistently hit contested jumpers every night to win the series.
MW03
AG

Dallas went 33-16 after that tweet.
Saint Pablo
What a stupid thing to post lol I hate ESPN
Trucker 96
With as much covid and injury craziness they had early, anyone doing anything but Ignoring those early results was out of their mind
NoahAg
Mavs over Clippers in 6.
I expect...

-MVP caliber Luka
-healthy unicorn Kristaps
-at least one 30+ point game from Hardaway
-2011 JJ Barea type supporting role from Brunson
Saint Pablo
Very optimistic
PatAg
AG
Saint Pablo said:

Very optimistic
You are
Saint Pablo
PatAg said:

Saint Pablo said:

Very optimistic
You are

Nothing would make me happier than beating those guys, I hope you are right!
The Shank Ag
If Paul George is typical playoff paul George and porzingis stays healthy, mavs in 6

If Playoff P is in mid season form, and porzingis plays every game, Clips in 7

If porzingis goes down, Clips win every game he doesn't play in.
Grapesoda2525
I just hope Leonard has an off game or two on offense. Didn't seem like he had one last time.

What also helps is that annoying little **** off the bench Lou Williams is gone. It seemed like he single handedly kept the scoring going for the clippers in nearly all of those games when the starters came out. He really tore our defense up.
hph6203
AG
Will be interesting to see if Leonard and the Clippers can actually flip the switch, because they've definitely been switched off for a month or so.
PatAg
AG
They don't have a real coach this year.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.