***Official 2020-2021 Dallas Mavericks Season Thread***

174,777 Views | 2549 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by MW03
Grapesoda2525
How long do you want to ignore this user?
MavsAg said:

Pretty sure it's blacked out if you live in DFW though.
Lameeeeeee
Spaceship
AG
MavsAg said:

Pretty sure it's blacked out if you live in DFW though.

I don't understand this - what would be the alternative if you live in DFW and want to watch?
Ol Jock 99
AG
Bally's SW?
Spaceship
AG
Ol Jock 99 said:

Bally's SW?

I didn't think playoff games were on Bally's - maybe I'm wrong.
Grapesoda2525
Spaceship said:

Ol Jock 99 said:

Bally's SW?

I didn't think playoff games were on Bally's - maybe I'm wrong.
They shouldn't be, but it looks like 1 of the Mavericks games slipped through the cracks. At least it's the late 9:30 game in LA.
MavsAg
AG
Yep. Game 2 is on Bally's. Unbelievable that so many won't be able to watch...legally.
Grapesoda2525
MavsAg said:

Yep. Game 2 is on Bally's. Unbelievable that so many won't be able to watch...legally.
What a crock of ***** Hopefully it's the last game they get.
jtstanley4621
AG
Bally's absolutely freaking sucks
gigem1223
Both LA teams down 0-1. LOVE IT
PatAg
AG
Anyone can watch it, you just pay for at&t tv.
PatAg
AG
I'm expecting them to launch their own streaming service, so you will get all sports that would be on it and not have to pay the full price for at&t. Probably like $15 a month wouldnt be bad
Grapesoda2525
PatAg said:

I'm expecting them to launch their own streaming service, so you will get all sports that would be on it and not have to pay the full price for at&t. Probably like $15 a month wouldnt be bad
15-20 a month tops and people would probably be happy with minimal *****ing.

25-30 sucks

Anything more is a blatant rip off.
Saint Pablo
Whatever our TV deal is is flat out criminal. To have a ****ing playoff game only available on one in market provider is absolutely asinine.

Who's fault is this? Cuban? The NBA? Bally? Bally can honestly go **** themselves. I would like a better understanding of how this works so I can properly place my anger that I have to stream this game on some illegal site and be 2 minutes behind or go sit at a bar.
MavsAg
AG
It's a mix of Bally (FSSW) and the TV providers. Now that the model has moved away from your traditional cable providers, we have a power struggle between the old providers (DirecTV), new providers (YouTubeTV), and the network (Bally's). YouTube wants Bally's to give them the world and Bally's doesn't want to budge. Meanwhile, DirecTV has the games, but is stuck with their old and expensive deal and they are hemorrhaging users in the process.

I agree that this all points towards a direct to consumer app from Bally's. However, I'm sure they need their current contracts with the likes of DirecTV to expire before they can do that.
jeffdjohnson
It's pretty absurd that there isn't already a separate application for the Bally's stuff. It is also frustrating that local games are blacked out if you even wanted to purchase NBA league pass. Finding streams hasn't been that hard but it still isn't ideal. Hopefully they fix this for next season.
Saint Pablo
Are we certain NBATV is blacked out for the playoffs too??
BDR
AG
Anyone have experience riding to/from AAC on game day with DART? Easy? Big line or wait after the game?
Grapesoda2525
jeffdjohnson said:

It's pretty absurd that there isn't already a separate application for the Bally's stuff. It is also frustrating that local games are blacked out if you even wanted to purchase NBA league pass. Finding streams hasn't been that hard but it still isn't ideal. Hopefully they fix this for next season.
Same problem with rangers / stars. Some people really dropped the ball here. There should've been some accessible way for fans to watch the teams play.

There's speculation that Bally / Las Vegas is doing this arm twisting on purpose to get the Texas legislature to allow sports gambling, but the legislature has already demonstrated that they don't care about your average everyday Texan by not winterizing our power plant equipment or helping with property tax relief. What Bally is trying won't work and all of this pain is for nothing.
hph6203
AG
It's the only way I'll go to a Mavs game. Meaning it's easy.
Ol Jock 99
AG
So I guess this is a benefit of being a dinosaur who still has cable? I had no idea this was a problem.
BallerStaf2003
AG
Next year jersey leak! Green coming back permanently? I hope so!

M.C. Swag
AG
GAME 2 TONIGHT! These clippers WANT to roll over. They have a 'quit' button and the Mavs just need to find it. Come out and punch these dudes in the mouth, return to Dallas with a 2-0 lead, and the AAC will be rocking for game 3.

Pressure is 100% on the Clippers tonight. This fees like a 'must win' situation for them so i expect them to be dangerous the first quarter. Weather that storm and it's game on.
MW03
AG
I predict a metric ton of Zubac early and often in the 1st.
cp09
AG
If I setup a VPN would I get the NBA Channel on Youtube tv?

I am pretty surprised that the Clippers are -7 for this game right now that seems incredibly high after last game
M.C. Swag
AG
Even w/ the knowledge that the Mavs won't continue to shoot 47% from 3pt while the Clippers only shot 28%, Im strangely confident about this series for 1 reason:

LA threw the kitchen sink at Luka...& nothing worked. Doubles, traps, drop coverage, switch...he obliterated them all. He's the skeleton key. There is no lock he can't open.
BallerStaf2003
AG
M.C. Swag said:

Even w/ the knowledge that the Mavs won't continue to shoot 47% from 3pt while the Clippers only shot 28%, Im strangely confident about this series for 1 reason:

LA threw the kitchen sink at Luka...& nothing worked. Doubles, traps, drop coverage, switch...he obliterated them all. He's the skeleton key. There is no lock he can't open.

We got very little from KP, and I'm confident our guys can shoot at a high percentage when they're so wide open from them double teaming Luka.

Most of the time the home team that loses game 1 wins game 2 easily, and if that happens I won't mind. We got the split, but I still feel very confident.
Phat32
AG
M.C. Swag said:

Unless they throw Marcus Morris at his ankles.
NoahAg
I'm sticking w/ my Mavs in 6 prediction. I know Kristaps didn't do much in game 1, but that's kind of good news. Mavs won w/out him having a big game (plus Luka w/ only 1 point in the 4th).

I do think Kristaps will show up w/ some big games in this series, and that will make the Mavs even scarier.
ChoppinDs40
AG
NoahAg said:

I'm sticking w/ my Mavs in 6 prediction. I know Kristaps didn't do much in game 1, but that's kind of good news. Mavs won w/out him having a big game (plus Luka w/ only 1 point in the 4th).

I do think Kristaps will show up w/ some big games in this series, and that will make the Mavs even scarier.
Refs will show up tonight. In typical Clipper fashion, they will play nasty and should be called for a foul on just about every possession. On the other side of the court, every time Kawhi touches the ball tonight, they're going to call a shooting foul. Look for Kawhi to have almost 40 points with 15/17 FTA.
BallerStaf2003
AG
Yet Lebron does the same thing and nothing happens to him.

BallerStaf2003
AG
I hope you're wrong, but you and I both know it's true.

Regardless, we'd all take leaving LA with a split if that's the case.

But damn I want to win tonight!
Saint Pablo
Why would his dumbass be in a strip club in the middle of a playoff series smh.
hph6203
AG
Because he plays in the NBA, and that's what NBA players do?
PatAg
AG
hph6203 said:

Because he plays in the NBA, and that's what NBA players do?
He's also from a specific part of Europe that is all about this lifestyle.
awrollins
WOW what a start! I figured if we could survive the first quarter we could make it a game. Right now, the Clippers are the ones trying to survive...

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.