***Official 2020-2021 Dallas Mavericks Season Thread***

174,687 Views | 2549 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by MW03
True Anomaly
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
hehestreams all season long
TDub
AG
Or google "CrackStreams"
MW03
AG
I don't think I've disliked an NBA player as much as I dislike Morris since Bruce Bowen.
awrollins
MW03 said:

I don't think I've disliked an NBA player as much as I dislike Morris since Bruce Bowen.

Montrezl Harrell and Morris quickly became my two least favorite players in the league in four games.
MW03
AG
Horse. ***** Call.
Spaceship
AG
MW03 said:

Horse. ***** Call.

Terrible call. Robbed the Mavs of 2 points there.
South Platte
awrollins said:

MW03 said:

Montrezl Harrell and Morris quickly became my two least favorite players in the league in four games.
Yep. Morris is garbage. He can blow out a knee whenever he is ready.
jeffdjohnson
The Clippers played with an edge last night which made for an interesting measuring stick type game. I think this box score sums up the Mavericks problem pretty well:

They have two guys in DFS and Kleber who are good spot up, role players on offense. Playing against a fast, physical defense like LAC I just think you just need a little more playmaking out there. LAC was playing hard and every time Kleber or DFS were forced to dribble bad things happened for the Mavericks.

I'm not sure how the Mavericks are going to pull it off, but they need to bump those guys down a peg in the rotation by adding a legit 3rd option on this team. Snagging a guy like Aaron Gordan and sending DFS to the bench would be a great upgrade. Bigger, better defender who can handle a little. Not a great shooter but not really any worse than DFS. Maybe attainable for Expiring James Johnson + Josh Green 18th pick last year + Future 1st. I wouldn't go anymore than that. Either way I would canvas the league to at least see what Expiring James Johnson + Josh Green is worth.

It is frustrating because moving into the championship contender tier isn't crazy with the right move(s) around the edges. Luka is that good.
M.C. Swag
AG
jeffdjohnson said:

The Clippers played with an edge last night which made for an interesting measuring stick type game. I think this box score sums up the Mavericks problem pretty well:

They have two guys in DFS and Kleber who are good spot up, role players on offense. Playing against a fast, physical defense like LAC I just think you just need a little more playmaking out there. LAC was playing hard and every time Kleber or DFS were forced to dribble bad things happened for the Mavericks.

I'm not sure how the Mavericks are going to pull it off, but they need to bump those guys down a peg in the rotation by adding a legit 3rd option on this team. Snagging a guy like Aaron Gordan and sending DFS to the bench would be a great upgrade. Bigger, better defender who can handle a little. Not a great shooter but not really any worse than DFS. Maybe attainable for Expiring James Johnson + Josh Green 18th pick last year + Future 1st. I wouldn't go anymore than that. Either way I would canvas the league to at least see what Expiring James Johnson + Josh Green is worth.

It is frustrating because moving into the championship contender tier isn't crazy with the right move(s) around the edges. Luka is that good.
Imo Johnson+Green by themselves could MAYBE get you Oladipo, but you'd probably still need to throw a 2nd in. If you're trying to specifically target wings+PFs, these are the only guys i can think of that are attainable:
  • Aaron Gordon - I think he will cost Green+1st rd pick
  • John Collins - I think he will cost Green + Multiple 1st rd picks or taking a bad contract
  • Otto Porter Jr. - Probably attainable for just Green but it'll be hard to match his salary. Still shy $5m even w/Johnson's contract
  • Larry Nance Jr. - Minimum Green+1st rd pick. Possibly multiple 1sts.
  • Danuel House Jr - Probably attainable for just Green
  • PJ Tucker - Attainable for almost anything. A 2nd would probably do.

Basically, A. Gordon or John Collins are going to require another 1st no matter what. I don't see the Mavs having the draft capital necessary to acquire either (unless we start playing the 'trade KP' game).
EconAg18
AG
PJ Tucker has a much higher asking rate right now. Tons of teams are inquiring about him and driving his cost up even if he isn't really worth it. He's going to end up on a contender this year like the Lakers or Nets.
M.C. Swag
AG
EconAg18 said:

PJ Tucker has a much higher asking rate right now. Tons of teams are inquiring about him and driving his cost up even if he isn't really worth it. He's going to end up on a contender this year like the Lakers or Nets.
I'll believe it when i see it. I think he's washed and would be lucky to go for a 2nd rd pick.
EconAg18
AG
Oh I agree with you, but I think there are a few teams willing to far overspend for depth this year for a championship run
fightinags2013
AG
Because the Mavs have so few good assets, I would be surprised if anything big happened before the deadline.

They have money to spend this summer, and will probably vastly overpay a third option kind of guy.
M.C. Swag
AG

That's insane. I can't believe Houston got that value.
Saint Pablo
Mind boggling to me. Is PJ even good anymore?
Ol Jock 99
AG
How is his dribble?
EconAg18
AG
Hey, do you "believe it when you see it" now? I'll take my small amount of internet points for being right now
M.C. Swag
MW03
AG
I hate the arbitrary nature of nba officiating. None of these calls were fouls on Monday.
MW03
AG
If y'all aren't watching, it's time to tune in. Luka is going to get 50 tonight. Boy is hungry and absolutely cooking.
gigem1223
Why does it always feel like it's Mavs vs refs when it comes to the Clippers
BallerStaf2003
AG
gigem1223 said:

Any LA team. It's so lopsided. Every questionable call has gone against Dallas.

This female rep is absolutely atrocious.
MW03
AG
Cause Kawhi gets every "no call" in the game. He's offensive every other possession pushing off or pushing through. It's garbage.
MW03
AG
BallerStaf2003 said:

gigem1223 said:

She legit looks star struck out there.
MW03
AG
Seriously, Kawhi elbowed a defender in the head. Compare that against the charge called on Luka earlier.
MW03
AG
Brunson is playing like dog **** tonight.
MW03
AG
Nice three on cue to make me look like an *******.
MW03
AG
Luka with an absolute **** your face 3 ball
MW03
AG
WCS legit doesn't know how to run a pick and roll. He ALWAYS leaves early. No Dwight Powell tonight, too. Interesting call by Carlisle with DFS out for his baby's birth. Can't argue with the production though.
gigem1223
Big 2 game series with Portland coming up, with a chance to move up the standings.
PatAg
AG
This team is so garbage, they never beat any top teams.
Saint Pablo
MW03 said:

BallerStaf2003 said:

gigem1223 said:

She legit looks star struck out there.
I feel like female refs, in the NBA and NFL, make egregious calls or no calls at a higher rate than their male counterparts. It is annoying to me that is being pushed so aggressively.
dave94
AG
PatAg said:

NukeAg10
AG
dave94 said:

PatAg said:

Clearly sarcasm.
MW03
AG
Kleber is absolutely beasting this season.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.