***Official 2020-2021 Dallas Mavericks Season Thread***

175,039 Views | 2549 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by MW03
PatAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
These calls against KP are bull****, they should either be no calls or fouls on Portland. YOu arent allowed to just be in someones space and then cry when you catch an elbow
MW03
AG
Yep. Portland catching Lillard superstar calls by proxy.
MW03
AG
Luka having another freak game. I really like Wes Iwundu too and what he's been bringing in DFS' absence.
PatAg
AG
Missing rebounds late is so insanely frustrating
NukeAg10
AG
Sorry guys, I jinxed it. I finally got to turn the game on with 6 mins left, and they were up 107-101. Brutal final 6 mins.
BallerStaf2003
AG
Would've been really nice if KP had any confidence to be a number two late in the game.
qunique_2004
AG
BallerStaf2003 said:

Would've been really nice if KP had any confidence to be a number two late in the game.

Such a huge disappointment
BallerStaf2003
AG
Just was curious and checked sportscenter top plays... NONE of Luka's amazing passes last night made sports center's list.

Both passes from last night went viral everywhere else. Weird.
gigem1223
Impressive W tonight and even got the starters some rest. Luka playing his way back into the mvp conversation.
EconAg18
AG
Ol Jock 99
AG
I'm not a follower of his career, but a tough, rounding big doesn't seem like a bad idea at all.
EconAg18
AG
I like the idea of adding Drummond. I think that the issue we're facing is we aren't sure if we need a rebounding big like Drummond or a consistent 3 point shooter more, which is where the "civil war" lies.

I think if you could get Beal then yes, I'd prefer him over Drummond, but given what the market looks like right now I am more than happy to add Drummond as long as we aren't dumping too many assets for him
M.C. Swag
AG
Ol Jock 99 said:

I'm not a follower of his career, but a tough, rounding big doesn't seem like a bad idea at all.
We are playing Dwight Powell and WCS, there's no way on earth that Drummond could hurt. If the price is right (a 2nd rd pick + whatever contracts they want to make it work), it's a no brainer.
Saint Pablo
We are rumored to be interested in:
Drummond
Evan Fournier
Norman Powell
John Collins
Who of those would be the best fit for us and why?
EconAg18
AG
We're also linked to John Collins
Saint Pablo
Added
M.C. Swag
AG
Oof I don't see how we could acquire John Collins. His price tag is insane and it would be an "all-in" type move. Is this the roster we would want to go "all-in" with?
EconAg18
AG
Good link to follow all rumors and their timeline:
https://www.mavsmoneyball.com/2021/3/16/22334065/nba-trade-deadline-2021-dallas-mavericks-rumors-and-news

More info on Drummond and potential hesitation:
https://www.si.com/nba/mavericks/news/dallas-mavs-talking-nba-trade-for-cavs-andre-drummond-heres-the-fit
EconAg18
AG
I personally don't want Collins...he's great, but he also only plays like an All-Star against the Mavs. He's also going to be pricey to keep since he's rumored to want a max deal.

You're right, he'd have to be the last piece for us to go "all in", and I don't think that's where we're at right now
MW03
AG
Evan Fournier is pretty interesting

EconAg18
AG
Is also European so the EuroMavs can continue to grow
M.C. Swag
AG
I'd love to add Fournier but i have no idea what Orlando wants in return for him.
awrollins
How similar is Fournier to Timmy?
M.C. Swag
AG
awrollins said:

How similar is Fournier to Timmy?
Similar but better playmaker. Fournier is a better all around player imo.
M.C. Swag
AG
EconAg18 said:

I personally don't want Collins...he's great, but he also only plays like an All-Star against the Mavs. He's also going to be pricey to keep since he's rumored to want a max deal.

You're right, he'd have to be the last piece for us to go "all in", and I don't think that's where we're at right now
I personally hope the Mavs just kinda keep it low key. Once we give the Knicks our pick, we'll have alot more options moving forward. Just focus on signing quality assets this FA and then attack next trade deadline with additional pick ammo + contracts worth trading.
Ol Jock 99
AG
In theory, good idea. But consideration 1,2, and 99 needs to be "is Luka cool with this". We have a generational talent and we need to keep him. No Luka to LA business.
M.C. Swag
AG
Ol Jock 99 said:

In theory, good idea. But consideration 1,2, and 99 needs to be "is Luka cool with this". We have a generational talent and we need to keep him. No Luka to LA business.
Obviously, but the worst thing any franchise can do is mortgage their future for a middling run. The Pelicans kept chasing FAs to the point they literally couldn't build around AD if they wanted to.

Also, lets keep in mind that Luka will sign his super max extension this summer. If he doesn't, then you can still make those trades. If he does, then you've got 7 years to figure out the best plan. There's no need to blow your load on John Collins or Aaron Gordon unless you think we're an Aaron Gordon from winning the West/Title.

tl;dr - Spend your money wisely this summer, and the Mavs will be primed to add a true star in the following deadline. With only 1 future pick committed to the Knicks, the Mavs can basically make the "Jrue Holiday Package" this time next year.
Ol Jock 99
AG
All fair. I just hope the front office says "ok Luka, time for your graduate course in running a franchise" and walk him through their thought process. He's 22. There is time. But in the age of "I'm sitting until you trade me", I hope they are on the front of "keep him happy."
awinlonghorn
i dont want to give up maxi for collins. maxi is one of our best three point shooters.

fournier would be a great pickup as would drummond.

powell, iwandu, wcs and jj for andre ? in dreamland?
EconAg18
AG
And here we go....
awrollins
EconAg18 said:

And here we go....

Is something happening?!
EconAg18
AG
Sounds like the Drummond deal is signed and official. Awaiting announcement now
awrollins
EconAg18 said:

Sounds like the Drummond deal is signed and official. Awaiting announcement now

May I ask how in the world you found this out? I'm pretty active on all the Mavs social media fan accounts and stuff and haven't seen anything about this.... Super pumped tho!!
EconAg18
AG
Cavs believe he's been moved, and odds for us to land Drummond just went up, so just guessing based on what's out there!

awrollins
EconAg18 said:

Cavs believe he's been moved, and odds for us to land Drummond just went up, so just guessing based on what's out there!

Here for it!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.