***Official 2020-2021 Dallas Mavericks Season Thread***

175,053 Views | 2549 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by MW03
EconAg18
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
EconAg18
AG
Also saw this and thought it was hilarious! Warning for language, so if you're in the workplace listen to it on low volume unless you work with Grizz fans

M.C. Swag
AG
I was seriously about to call it a night and go to bed when Grayson Allen was walking up to shoot those FTs. So glad I didn't.

Luka is insane.
Iowaggie
AG
EconAg18 said:

Also saw this and thought it was hilarious! Warning for language, so if you're in the workplace listen to it on low volume unless you work with Grizz fans

That's pretty accurate. Luka's just one of those players that when Allen missed the first free throw, you think that Luka is going to put it in OT with a made 3 pointer, but when he misses the 2nd, you start lining up your TV (mounted on a folding table) for a drop kick.

The other great end of game play that is being forgotten that Luka made was when there was just over a minute left, and Morant tried to go by him to put up a shot, and Luka just smothered it and took it the other way and fed KP for a basket.
M.C. Swag
AG
Very big time effort play (which is frustrating when the Mavs defense was basically a layup line for 3.5 quarters).

The Southwest division is crazy. Ja, Luka, and Zion...gonna be alot more games like last night with these guys around.
94chem
ac04 said:

Larry Legend would have lined up the seams before releasing.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
MW03
AG
ac04 said:

excellent screen by DFS
EconAg18
AG

Why do all of my images get auto flagged no matter what
True Anomaly
AG
MW03 said:

ac04 said:

excellent screen by DFS
DFS has been incredible on defense lately. He's finally grown into his hype early in his career when it was said he was gonna be a defensive presence on the team
jeffdjohnson
The Mavs can still finish as high as 5th in the standings and the next 5 games will probably decide it. The Mavs are 2 back in the loss column to the Lakers and 1 to the Trailblazers.

The Mavs next 3 games are at home versus the Knicks, Kings, and Pistons. You can't take anything for granted but if they win tonight (Knicks are playing well right now) then you should be solid favorites versus the Kings and Pistons.

The Lakers next 2 games are both versus Utah without LeBron and AD. They will be heavy underdogs in both games. They could easily take 2 L's in quick order which could put the Lakers and Mavs in a dead heat going into their two-game series.

It is a best-case scenario for sure, but it is also realistic if the Mavs can win tonight. I wonder if the Lakers would rush back LeBron or AD for their two-game Dallas series if that happens. Those two will games represent a big opportunity for the Mavs if they take these next 3.
NoahAg
ac04 said:

My 11 year old has been practicing this ever since.
awrollins
Thoughts on a 3-6 matchup vs Phoenix? Personally think it's best case scenario...
MW03
AG
If Dallas can somehow jump LAL and POR (assuming everything else holds), give me 4 DEN v. 5 DAL even with Aaron Gordon as my #1 since Murray is done for the year
EastSideAg2002
awrollins said:

Thoughts on a 3-6 matchup vs Phoenix? Personally think it's best case scenario...
Thats kind of scary since it seems we never beat them. It looks like over the last 5 seasons, we are 4-14 against them and only beaten them once the last two seasons.
MW03
AG
94chem
Why is college continuation more generous than NBA now? Porzingis has 6 points taken away so far tonight.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
Saint Pablo
Refs HATE KP tonight.
Saint Pablo
Tough start.
Ol Jock 99
AG
We have figured out how to get down 10+ faster than any other team around.
gigem1223
Our 1's have played zero defense tonight.
gigem1223
These refs
Ol Jock 99
AG
WanderingEagle
Call us the ALLAS Mavericks... cause we aint play any defense!! LMAOOOOO
fightinags2013
AG
Bad, BAD loss to the kings. Even worse coming off the Friday loss to the Knicks. You'd think they would come out with some urgency.
Saint Pablo
With this team, not sure why you'd think that.
M.C. Swag
AG

Ol Jock 99
AG
This KP issue is a major problem. They needed him badly last night.

Luka looked defeated in the presser.
jeffdjohnson
jeffdjohnson said:

The Mavs can still finish as high as 5th in the standings and the next 5 games will probably decide it. The Mavs are 2 back in the loss column to the Lakers and 1 to the Trailblazers.

The Mavs started this crucial 5 game stretch at 0-2. I would think 5th is unattainable now, especially with AD coming back. The Mavs are also now 2 back in the loss column of 6th place Portland, who is also scuffling. That might not be their biggest problem though as Memphis is now tied in the loss column and Golden State is lurking 3 games back. I don't think finishing 7 or 8 is that much different though.

The team looks lethargic. Probably burned out due to short rotations for the last 2 months. The stat that gets me is they are 19-0 when leading after the 1st quarter. It is absurd for 2 reasons. First it indicates how good they can be when they are locked in from the jump. But what really gets me is that they have played 56 total games. That means they only lead after the first quarter in 33% of the games. That is ****ing terrible. If you are an above .500 team it stands to reason that you would lead in most first quarters. Yet somehow they have a 53% win percentage on the year despite starting like ass every game.
Saint Pablo
Ol Jock 99 said:

Hopefully we can do what is necessary to keep him happy enough to stay in Dallas.

We gambled on KP and lost. You simply cannot have your second best played miss every other game. I don't know what we do about that or how we resolve that mistake.

The rest of the team, put nicely, is dog***** We have people who are rotation guys talentwise filling starting roles.

I don't know how we take the leap and get guys to come here in free agency. I am just at a complete loss as to where this team goes from here and I really do fear that we may lose Luka when the time ultimately comes.
WanderingEagle
Saint Pablo said:

Ol Jock 99 said:

Hopefully we can do what is necessary to keep him happy enough to stay in Dallas.

We gambled on KP and lost. You simply cannot have your second best played miss every other game. I don't know what we do about that or how we resolve that mistake.

The rest of the team, put nicely, is dog***** We have people who are rotation guys talentwise filling starting roles.

I don't know how we take the leap and get guys to come here in free agency. I am just at a complete loss as to where this team goes from here and I really do fear that we may lose Luka when the time ultimately comes.
When your superstar PG has more blocks than Kleber, who many fans consider an untradeable role piece, that's awful.
M.C. Swag
AG
Ol Jock 99 said:

KP scored 9 points and ALL of them were in the first quarter. Luka went into hero-ball mode in the 4th quarter, so i don't blame KP for not getting more involved then, but he had absolutely no interest in defending the paint. He refused to provide weak side help when *checks notes* ALL of our perimeter defenders got blown by.
PatAg
AG
M.C. Swag said:

Ol Jock 99 said:

KP scored 9 points and ALL of them were in the first quarter. Luka went into hero-ball mode in the 4th quarter, so i don't blame KP for not getting more involved then, but he had absolutely no interest in defending the paint. He refused to provide weak side help when *checks notes* ALL of our perimeter defenders got blown by.
I wonder if his injuries are permanently in his head now, and it subconsciously affects his play on the court.
Ol Jock 99
AG
Yep. Completely disinterested and we cannot have that from our 1B. Ever really, but definitely not now.
Saint Pablo
Ol Jock 99 said:

Yep. Completely disinterested and we cannot have that from our 1B. Ever really, but definitely not now.
1B HAHA
Ol Jock 99
AG
Saint Pablo said:

Ol Jock 99 said:

1B HAHA
2 superstars amIright?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.