***Official 2020-2021 Dallas Mavericks Season Thread***

172,142 Views | 2549 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by MW03
MookieBlaylock
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Is the goal of the defense to give up wide open 3 point shots?
awrollins
These Trey Burke minutes just don't make sense
Carlo4
AG
It's over. Carlisle out coached by Tyrone Lue...

21-2 run after going up 5.
MW03
AG
What in the blue **** is Rock doing with Trey Burke?
Infection_Ag11
AG
Burke has been thrown around like a rag doll on three straight drives with no call
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
awinlonghorn
i mean WTF Rick??

Trey Burke??? Trey Burke getting major run in G7 over Brunson?

I mean, i am sure all the Carlisle is the best coach in the league posters have a reason for this..
Infection_Ag11
AG
MW03 said:

What in the blue **** is Rock doing with Trey Burke?

I'm his defense, Burke should have shot 6 free throws in about a minute and didn't get one call
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
mncag
To collapse after that run to me is another choke job. Some of that it has to fall on the head coach I know the other players are stepping up but come on

awinlonghorn
If Cuban does not blow this team up after this, you know he stopped caring. I can't think of anything else.

Get a superstar and surround him with crap again and again and again since 2011.
Proposition Joe
Doesn't matter what Carlisle does, it's Luka and a bunch of mediocre players.
Saint Pablo
And that's mediocre at BEST. There are some guys who play meaningful minutes for us who'd be lucky to be the 11th guy off the bench on other decent teams.
Carlo4
AG
Proposition Joe said:

That won 3 road games against a "favorite" for the Title and can't win. Can't be more inconsistent.
Carlo4
AG
Hardaway
Smith
Boban
Brunson
Luka
Powell

Rest can be traded and cut/find better players.
Carlo4
AG
That play - George rebound and Kennard layup - defines it
awinlonghorn
We were up 5 midway through the 3rd. The collapse is on rick mostly.
mavsfan4ever
AG
awinlonghorn said:

i mean WTF Rick??

Trey Burke??? Trey Burke getting major run in G7 over Brunson?

I mean, i am sure all the Carlisle is the best coach in the league posters have a reason for this..

Un ****ing believable.
BallerStaf2003
AG
I'm sad.
Proposition Joe
Carlo4 said:

Proposition Joe said:

That won 3 road games against a "favorite" for the Title and can't win. Can't be more inconsistent.

That's kind of what mediocre guys do though... Some nights they hit the open looks, other nights they don't.

Mavs need Luka and "the other guys" to be good.

A team like the Clippers need Kawhi and "the other guys" or George and "the other guys".

Over a 7 game series it takes something pretty special to overcome that.
Carlo4
AG
These refs holy garbage
Infection_Ag11
AG
Continuation means nothing anymore
ramblin_ag02
AG
KP gets fouled going up and it's not a shooting foul. Kawhi gets fouled, dribbles, take 2 steps, shoots, and the closest ref wants to give continuation
hph6203
AG
Wonder what this series would've looked like with Reddick actually able to play. The fact we have zero guys that can consistently hit an outside shot is really hurting.

Or if Seth wasn't traded for Richardson.
zgolfz85
AG
I'm so insanely confused at the personnel choices by Rick all series minus games 1 and 2 and 5
BallerStaf2003
AG
Infection_Ag11 said:

It's amazing they didn't give luka the continuation in the first quarter but they tried to give kawhi it just now.

Just pathetic.

I'm so bummed out. The officiating hasn't been that bad today but the other games they definitely changed momentum.

I still think we should've won this series.
zgolfz85
AG
And to abandon what worked in those games....wtf
Proposition Joe
Have time for one more mini-run and then some Luka magic.
Proposition Joe
Get it to 8 with 3 min left and we have a prayer.
Proposition Joe
Just cannot hit wide open looks. Brutal.
Infection_Ag11
AG
BallerStaf2003 said:

Infection_Ag11 said:

It's amazing they didn't give luka the continuation in the first quarter but they tried to give kawhi it just now.

Just pathetic.

I'm so bummed out. The officiating hasn't been that bad today but the other games they definitely changed momentum.

I still think we should've won this series.

My primary issue with officiating is how the Clippers are allowed to defend Luka on the pick and roll. Teams have tried to defend Lebron the same way before and he shoots 15+ FTs when they do. Luka gets no such respect.
ramblin_ag02
AG
hph6203 said:

Wonder what this series would've looked like with Reddick actually able to play. The fact we have zero guys that can consistently hit an outside shot is really hurting.

Or if Seth wasn't traded for Richardson.

Would have been nice to have James Johnson to try and defend Kawhi this series. That trade and the Curry/Richardson trades were total disasters
hph6203
AG
They've had opportunities to close the gap substantially in the 4th and haven't taken advantage of the droughts by the Clippers all game long.
jtstanley4621
AG
Your weaknesses always bubble up to the surface in the playoffs. IMO right now the only other Mavs player who would be a contributor on another good NBA roster would be Hardaway, and he's probably a second teamer on a good NBA team. The rest are third team and then the corpse of KP.

Barring a miracle this is OVER. The front office needs to find a way to reset the talent around Luka, this ain't gonna cut it.
Proposition Joe
I like how the announcers are perplexed that Luka can't duplicate his 1st half numbers in the 2nd half.

When you're the only guy that can consistently hit buckets, you get a bit gassed.
Carlo4
AG
Luka my goodness
Infection_Ag11
AG
That drive is a great example, Kawhi is allowed to ride Luka with a hand on his hip the whole way to the bucket and then hip checks him as he goes up. Those are fouls that stars get.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.