***Official 2020-2021 Dallas Mavericks Season Thread***

174,663 Views | 2549 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by MW03
mavsfan4ever
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
MW03 said:

I don't have any problems with what Redick said. I expect him to be a professional about it on the court. If he refuses to play or any crap like that, then it's a different story.
Agree, I don't expect him to be a problem here at all. I'm not worried about that. Just think he is coming off really entitled and thinks a franchise he has been with for a couple years owes him something.
M.C. Swag
AG
mavsfan4ever said:

M.C. Swag said:

mavsfan4ever said:

The being close to family is a bull**** excuse by reddick in my opinion. Sure, I'm sure he thinks it would be nice to be near family. But if Brooklyn wasn't a contender and heavy favorite, I don't think he'd want to move closer to his family which lives in Brooklyn. If they were a .500 team, no way he's wanting to go there. He wanted to ring chase and was using family as a way to try and get that done. Quit whining about it. The organization doesn't have to trade you to the one team you want to go to. And according to what I've read, they did initially try to get him somewhere up there but there wasn't much interest.
I agree but if Griffin made him a promise?....like, i'd prolly go scorched earth to if i did my professional duties and was made a promise that the other person didn't keep. Griffin never should have made that promise.
Yea I see that. I just doubt that Griffin told him "I promise we will get you to Brooklyn or really close to Brooklyn." I find Griffin's story much more believable, which is that he told JJ he'd do his best to get him closer to his family. But then those teams weren't aggressive in pursuing him and didn't really make any offers. So what's New Orleans supposed to do at that point?
In his pod tho, JJ said that Griffin explicitly promised to either a) trade him closer to home or b) buy him out if that can't happen. So whether that's 100% what happened or not, the way JJ told the story, I get why he'd be upset.

Plus i kinda trust JJ. He's been a pro's pro for a long time in this league and i can't recall him ever putting himself in the center of some off court drama.
Grapesoda2525
mavsfan4ever said:

MW03 said:

I don't have any problems with what Redick said. I expect him to be a professional about it on the court. If he refuses to play or any crap like that, then it's a different story.
Agree, I don't expect him to be a problem here at all. I'm not worried about that. Just think he is coming off really entitled and thinks a franchise he has been with for a couple years owes him something.
Seems to be a trend...... all the guys who have played in LA before are tainted. This reeks of the Derek fisher situation honestly. I'm so glad OKC didn't win a ring after he lied about his family situation to get out of playing for the mavs then ended up in Oklahoma. What a dick.

Lamar Odom ? Not much better than the fisher situation. You could even lump Rajon rondo in there too. LA turns people into divas.
TexasAggiesWin
S
Good win tonight
EconAg18
AG
Since Carlisle was out tonight due to Covid, Jamahl Mosley served as head coach tonight

Rick Carlisle is .546 as a head coach in the NBA

Jamahl Mosley is 1.000 as a head coach in the NBA

Is it time for us to make a change?
M.C. Swag
AG
4 in a row! A road trip in the Eastern conference does wonders for your record!
Carlo4
AG
M.C. Swag said:

4th best record since 2/1 and the second best defense in the league.
PatAg
AG
It's extremely funny how slow it gets when we dumpster teams
Saint Pablo
Nice win! W/o KP too!
awrollins
That right there should be in contention for best win of the year!!!! You might look at Melli's 0-7 stat line and think that he was horrible, but man I noticed him everywhere on defense making hustle plays and clamping Donovan Mitchell. At this point any offense from him is a bonus... Great win!
M.C. Swag
AG
awrollins said:

That right there should be in contention for best win of the year!!!! You might look at Melli's 0-7 stat line and think that he was horrible, but man I noticed him everywhere on defense making hustle plays and clamping Donovan Mitchell. At this point any offense from him is a bonus... Great win!
lol he had a +5, the highest of the starters! Which is insane
Ol Jock 99
AG
Great game.
True Anomaly
AG
Definitely my favorite win of the year, especially given how bad Utah beat us earlier in the season
Iowaggie
AG
Carlo4 said:

M.C. Swag said:

4th best record since 2/1 and the second best defense in the league.

Mavs now sit 2 behind Portland and 3 behind sliding Lakers who still have no timetable on LBJ and AD return.

Mavs easiest remaining schedule (according to tankathon) with Lakers the 5th toughest, and 2 games remaining between them. Portland has 3rd toughest schedule.

Phat32
AG
The problem now is that the teams above them are winning too. Stop it!
M.C. Swag
AG
yukmonkey said:

Portland lost! Now only 1.5 gap!
Carlo4
AG
M.C. Swag said:

yukmonkey said:

Portland lost! Now only 1.5 gap!
We just need to not finish 7th and finish as high as possible.

Phoenix, Clippers, Denver, and Utah are going insane right now. I predicted a 3 seed if we kept up our .667 winning percentage back in Feb, but guessing it's a 5 seed now... edit to state we are 20-9 since 2/1/2021 following an 8-12 start.

doesn't matter as we will naturally face the Clippers again as it would be fate.
Unemployed
AG
GO MAVS!!!
Ol Jock 99
AG
What's cooler than being cool?

Ice cold!

Bring on the 2nd half. And better shooting.
94chem
Raise your handle if you were gullible enough to not see trouble coming. Come on guys!
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
EastSideAg2002
Mavs really want to have to do the play in dont they.
Ol Jock 99
AG
Le sigh
94chem
Everybody has good players. That's why it's called pro basketball. But Houston will try to lose their next 12, so this is a pretty bad look.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
Unemployed
AG
Gddammit...you guys can't even do us a solid by beating us.
South Platte
94chem said:

Everybody has good players. That's why it's called pro basketball. But Houston will try to lose their next 12, so this is a pretty bad look.

Baylor would beat this Rockets team. Carlisle's inability to beat Houston and Phoenix is inexplicable.

Just when you think this team has some things figured out they overlook a team trying to lose and still find a way to blow it.
BallerStaf2003
AG
That was really hard to watch. Just inexcusable.
94chem
RealTalk said:

Sorry. Now resume your Deshaun Watson discussions.
94chem,
94chem
RealTalk said:

At least you guys aren't on t.v. in Houston, so I didn't have to watch it.
94chem,
BallerStaf2003
AG

He has a point, but he seems to always be upset. I also feel the team just doesn't have as much fun when he's playing. He just never seems happy.
mavsfan4ever
AG
He definitely has a point tonight.
awrollins
mavsfan4ever said:

He definitely has a point tonight.
Yeah we had a clutch possession during the last three minutes when Luka took a 30 foot step-back decently early in the shot clock that could have given us the lead I believe. That kinda shot, especially given that it wasn't his night (1-9 from three I think???), was really tough to watch from a situational standpoint. I full heartedly believe we should have let KP close that game out, he was feeling it in the first three quarters. Just a rough, rough basketball game.
awrollins
Not to mention that JRich is continuing to disappoint. Move on to tomorrow and let's beat the Bucks!
Ol Jock 99
AG
Didn't KP have a pretty dang key offensive turnover during the rockets final run?
PatAg
AG
More posts after one loss than on a 5 game winning streak
South Platte
PatAg said:

More posts after one loss than on a 5 game winning streak
Dallas people don't like losing to Houston garbage and the worst team in the NBA. It's an alarming loss.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.