*****OFFICIAL DESTINY XB-1 THREAD*****

357,541 Views | 3140 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by LPHA
htownag08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
dp
htownag08
AG
Thanks for running me through/teaching me crota tonight. I hope I didn't slow it down too much. Lots of fun, hope to do some more raids in the future!
Bryan98
AG
quote:
Thanks for running me through/teaching me crota tonight. I hope I didn't slow it down too much. Lots of fun, hope to do some more raids in the future!

Happy to have you!
AggieKatie2
AG
I'll be on around 730 tonight. Looking to run a raid or 2 (haven't done Crota yet). Level 30 Titan.

Or someone can help me get the Last Word by beating the super hard Summoning Pit via bounty.
LPHA
AG
Finally did the vault on Sunday. Got nothing but energy and chatterwhite. Nothing like being completely lost and blind, with someone yelling at you to go to the center. "Which center? I can't see a GD thing!" . That said, there's no way I would have figured all that crap out without the massive amount of help.

My friend and I finally figured out that we've been playing all wrong since day 1. Yesterday we finally figured out that there are 3 tiers to the daily/weekly deals, and that you can do more than one. We went full retard assuming we knew what we were doing. Now I guess we're going to try to do Crota if we can find some more help.
TexasAggie_02
AG
If you do the hardest setting on daily/weekly, you get all the rewards for the lower tiers
LPHA
AG
We learned this yesterday. I have brought shame upon my house.
TelcoAg
AG
If you've got questions, you can ask them. No one in here is gonna bite you. Except maybe for "Big Boy," but we haven't figure out who that is yet.
Saxsoon
AG
Big boy, that was damn hilarious hearing some guy's gal call him that over the headset
Raggy09
AG
quote:
I'll be on around 730 tonight. Looking to run a raid or 2 (haven't done Crota yet). Level 30 Titan.

Or someone can help me get the Last Word by beating the super hard Summoning Pit via bounty.

I'll help you if you help me get the thorn bounty. I won't be on till after 9:30 though. (I work weird hours)
bearamedic99
AG
i have limited late night play time (for example, I have to get up for work in less than 8 hours for a 24 hr shift) but should be on for a while Saturday. I would love some guidance through the Crota raid. I also just got the bounty for Thorn but am at the second stage of needing to patrol the Moon to kill Hive.
bearamedic99
AG
I think grinding for shards is the worst part of this game
TheVarian
AG
quote:
i have limited late night play time (for example, I have to get up for work in less than 8 hours for a 24 hr shift) but should be on for a while Saturday. I would love some guidance through the Crota raid. I also just got the bounty for Thorn but am at the second stage of needing to patrol the Moon to kill Hive.

I just finished that part. It isn't so bad, the void damage crap sucks though. If you and r****, or anyone else, want to all team up this weekend let me know. I'd love to know that bounty out. Along with doing some raids, etc.
Raggy09
AG
quote:
quote:

I just finished that part. It isn't so bad, the void damage crap sucks though. If you and r****, or anyone else, want to all team up this weekend let me know. I'd love to know that bounty out. Along with doing some raids, etc.
I'm down
htownag08
AG
If yall are doing strikes and need another, shoot me an invite. I just got the exotic bounty where I need to do 25 strikes - so I'm hoping this weekend to knock out VoG and those strikes.
howdydamnit04
AG
FYI when doing those strikes Nightfall and Weeklys count as more than one. I want to say 3 and 2 but could be wrong, however its much fewer of that's all you do.
LPHA
AG
I'm working on the Bad Juju bounty as well. After I unlocked the second part with the lowest difficulty weekly, I got 2 for completing the weekly on the hardest level, so maybe it's 3 if you only do the hardest?
howdydamnit04
AG
I checked. Its 2 for weekly (regardless of difficulty) and 3 for nightfall and you can run repeatedly.
RedbeardAG
AG
I'm working on the the PVP part of the Thorn quest right now...am debating if its even worth it. I just don't see the use for hand cannons. Seems like a scout rifle is better in almost every way..especially if you are using a short ranged secondary.

Is there a play style I'm missing here?
howdydamnit04
AG
One thing the Thorn is good for is keeps shields down. The lingering damage prevents them from coming back up and the gun has surprisingly good range and accuracy. But it is slow to reload and only holds 9 rounds so not great for swarms.
TexasAggie_02
AG
thorn is probably the best hand cannon in the game. I don't use any hand cannons other than thorn and fatebringer.

good for keeping shields down, ie crota, "kill the target" event, PvP. In Pvp, if you hit someone with it, and they try to hide, you can see where they are, b/c of the damage counter that is ticking away on them.
htownag08
AG
Good to know about the weekly counting more - I will definitely try that out. I was just grinding out lower level strikes last night, luckily found a group of 30's doing the same so we were able to clear them pretty quick. I'll jump to repeating the weekly on a low difficulty and hopefully get it done quicker!
Vade281
AG
Did the last step of Thorn quest line for a buddy last night. Holy hell that was fun and long last battle..
Agmaniacmike12
Hand cannons are like one-handed snipers when used right (go for headshots). One hit headshots on a variety of lower levels.
AggieKatie2
AG
Cheesed the lamps on Crotas End solo (and got the raid gauntlets), but that was all I could do.
Raggy09
AG
quote:
I'm working on the Bad Juju bounty as well. After I unlocked the second part with the lowest difficulty weekly, I got 2 for completing the weekly on the hardest level, so maybe it's 3 if you only do the hardest?

Just got the string of curses upgrade for bad juju. On kills, it auto reloads and gets a damage boost. Great for swarms, not so much for the bigguns.
LPHA
AG
I'm going to ruin some of the strikes for the bounty if anyone's interested
Raggy09
AG
Sure. GT: AnthroMetal
LPHA
AG
Sorry. Surprise guest so i had to stop
Living Legend
AG
So I'm a noob to this game. Anyone have any tips or recommend any good YouTube videos to watch?
LPHA
AG
Running more strikes if anyone wants to join
Bryan98
AG
quote:
So I'm a noob to this game. Anyone have any tips or recommend any good YouTube videos to watch?

Read the Destiny subreddit every day. Send friend requests to all the XB1 players here. I'm Fedaykin98.
Ag8556
AG
I have been playing Destiny with several Ags for awhile but changed my gamer tag a couple of months ago.

GT: Hail Vitas

I need to go back through the recent posts and add some more people to my friends list.
bearamedic99
AG
What is the best way to gain A LOT of glimmer fast? I doubt I can upgrade any exotics this weekend but maybe I can have 7k or 14k next Saturday
Thunder18
AG
quote:
What is the best way to gain A LOT of glimmer fast? I doubt I can upgrade any exotics this weekend but maybe I can have 7k or 14k next Saturday

Use the ether seeds, blue polypages, etc and just don't update any of your stuff for a few days...its a grind but thats how I do it

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.