*****OFFICIAL DESTINY XB-1 THREAD*****

362,610 Views | 3140 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by LPHA
Tex117
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
htown,
I wouldn't purchase the gauntlets from the vanguard. Eris has a quest (assuming you bought the DLC), that will net you gauntlets as good as the vanguard. (Though keep in mind you will need to check in with Xur twice...so either all in one weekend...or know it will take two visits.

Don't buy a helm from the vendor either. Buy an exotic from Xur if you have enough strange coins. Any helm that fits your class, do it. Though the helm now drops in NORMAL on Crota, its still not a common drop.

Buy the chest and the boots. The chest will need the commendation, the boots wont. Both 75 marks a piece.
Matmart33
AG
A little late but....
Matmart33-ps4
redbaron788
AG
So a bladedancer with the Don't Touch Me gauntlets is extremely helpful for constructing the bridge when you can't kill all the gatekeepers, just FYI
htownag08
AG
Thanks for the advice! I was fortunate that Xur brought a hunter Helm today so I purchased that and got the Urn so that I can complete that story arch and get the gauntlets!
TexasAggie_02
AG
Tex117
AG
quote:
So a bladedancer with the Don't Touch Me gauntlets is extremely helpful for constructing the bridge when you can't kill all the gatekeepers, just FYI

Subtle brag!

htown,
Lucky you! You will be on your way to 31 and comfortably raiding CE in no time.
Bigsteve713
AG
I'm a level 27 Titan looking to get better gear, if anyone is on and could use another guy add me

Durrrtysouth713

im on most of the time when I'm not gone for 3 weeks at work

xbox1, sorry
TelcoAg
AG
quote:
I'm a level 27 Titan looking to get better gear, if anyone is on and could use another guy add me

Durrrtysouth713

im on most of the time when I'm not gone for 3 weeks at work
PS4 or XBOX?
Bryan98
AG
I'm Fedaykin98 on XB1.
Tex117
AG
Posting this again to see if there is any interest:

Any Ps4 players (preferrably 31 or 30) want to go for a Flawless Run on VoG? We can set up a time for those who are interested.
Saxsoon
AG
Going to be off for the next 10 days on vacation
dcaggie04
AG
Anybody on now that wants to help me with the weekly? On XB1, debt2society.
TelcoAg
AG
quote:
Posting this again to see if there is any interest:

Any Ps4 players (preferrably 31 or 30) want to go for a Flawless Run on VoG? We can set up a time for those who are interested.

I'm only 28, but if you need someone, I'm available later tonight after 9
Tex117
AG
No real rush. Just trying to see who is interested. We really need everyone to be 30 or higher as to give us a a better chance. Hopefully we can get a crew together during the holidays. So people have a chance to hit 30 and get a bearing on schedules.
reddestass16
AG
r1cky_b0bby1
Currently on PS3, but PS4 soon!
Thunder18
AG
Cheesed Crota. Got the warlock helmet, song of ir yut lmg and the ship
Spinnaker96
AG
XBOX ONE: Kurare

Two level 30 titans.
Bryan98
AG
quote:
XBOX ONE: Kurare

Two level 30 titans.

Added. I'm Fedaykin98.
TheEyeGuy
AG
Pugged crota. Raid helmet, chest, gloves, and the raid sniper.
TexasAggie_02
AG
quote:

I hate you.

J/k

But no, I really hate you
Tex117
AG
The helment too?

Wow, thats a nice pull.
TheEyeGuy
AG
Yeah, the stats on everything are just... meh. But I'm a frog's hair from being able to get to 32
AggieVictor10
AG
quote:

And here I am with my thumb up my ass and like 40 radiant energies.
Thunder18
AG
quote:
quote:

I feel like the game only ever gives me freaking energy nowadays...cant get ascendant or radiant shards to save my life
RedbeardAG
AG
So.. I just bought the game last week for the xbone, and I think I've about reached the end of what I can solo. I'm level 26 and just grinding out dailies and trying to get rep up. Is there any sort of matchmaking for the weekly heroic or raids? Or am I just boned if none of my friends play the game?
htownag08
AG
Redbeard

Destiny has a 'Looking for Group' page that you can look through/post on and find people who are trying to do things you need to do. That's usually the best way if you don't have friends/TexAger's on.

Speaking of, I think me and some buddies are going to try to run the VoG on Normal (XB1) around 12:30/1:00pm (ct) today if anyone wants to help out. Two of us are level 30 (Titan, Hunter) and one is a level 29 (Warlock) I believe. I know it's some random timing, but we were trying to knock it out before the holiday's hit. XB1: TNilli
herb96
AG
RedbeardAG, focus on purchasing legendary armor from the vanguard or crucible vendor and one unique armor piece from Xur over the weekend. Level that up and should should hit 31 in a week or so.
AggieVictor10
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

I feel like the game only ever gives me freaking energy nowadays...cant get ascendant or radiant shards to save my life

I plan on converting most of those suckers to shards when I hit Rank 4 with Eris.
RedbeardAG
AG
Is there any way to get strange coins without having to do NIghtfall/ weekly heroics? I tried the weekly at lvl 25 (Said it was meant for lvl 24+) and got obliterated.
TexasAggie_02
AG
quote:
Is there any way to get strange coins without having to do NIghtfall/ weekly heroics? I tried the weekly at lvl 25 (Said it was meant for lvl 24+) and got obliterated.

Those are the only guaranteed ways. Sometimes you get drops from crucible, and blue engrams.
cr0wbar
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Same. I have ~4 shards to my name- and 60+ energies...
FL_Ag1998
AG
quote:

I'm in the same boat you are, except on PS4. If you haven't collect all of the golden loot chests, do so. There are Strange Coins in some. But yeah, seems extremely hard to move up once you reach the mid-twenties unless you're doing the raids. I have one friend who's around a 24, and another who just bought the game so he's way behind u, so I have some hope. But man, slow going.
Tex117
AG
Just shards away from 32. And with leveling Eris up to rank 4...Ill have it. A clear path to victory. Feels good.
Tex117
AG
Here is a nice little guide for our new players.

quote:
1-20: do whatever is your level or below and all vanguard bounties. If there's nothing your level or below and vanguard bounties are done, do PVP and PVP bounties or wait until tomorrow for vanguard bounties to reset. build doesn't matter

20+: Do 'vanguard strikes' (a circle on the right of tower) that are your level or lower. equip armor of the highest light, build and stats don't matter. Gather Vanguard marks. If you want to, play PVP to gather Crucible marks.

Goal: 100 vanguard marks and 60+ crucible marks by Tuesday server reset

21+: Do weekly heroics/nightfall/strikes that you are able to do. Ask for people to run it through for you if you have to. Gather Strange Coins.

Goal: 100 vanguard marks and 60+ crucible marks by Tuesday server reset, 20+ Strange Coins by Saturday

Vanguard/Crucible Marks: Buy a set of armor. chose perks/stats you like. Level vanguard/crucible 3+ for the Commendation required for helmet/chest. Cheapest to buy 2 of chest/boot/arms from either vanguard or crucible (150 marks), and the last piece from the other (75 marks). Takes two 'weeks' minimum.

Goal: 200 vanguard marks, 120-150 Crucible marks, 1 Commendation from each. 20+ Strange Coins by saturday

Xur: Friday/Saturday Xur appears. Hope to buy a helmet from him for 13 strange coins. get an exotic shard for 7 coins.

Goal: 50 marks each week, do bounties to level up your new set of gear

Materials: User 10 marks for 20 mats, or look up videos on how to farm materials from the planets.

3 armors + Xur helmet = Light Level 31 when maxed. Now you can do any of the current content.

Goal: each week: Nightfall first, then weekly, then raids. each day: daily + whatever bounties you feel like doing.

Another route: Save marks and coins, buy from Xur first, if it's not a helmet, then you'll need 120 marks instead of 75, so 150 marks of one type (vanguard/crucible), and 120 of the other.

Borrowed off Neogaf.
FL_Ag1998
AG
Thanks, that helps clarify and reaffirm the plan I've been working. Just gotta get on my friends about doing the raids. Also wish it would randomly pair you with other players for the weekly strike if you can't get on of your buddies to join you.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.