********** Dallas Cowboys 2021 Season Thread **********

192,463 Views | 2808 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by PooDoo
jr15aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
In all fairness to everybody, do we really think Nolan would have been the hire if Quinn was available after the 2019 season?

The reality is, as soon as Quinn was available, the Cowboys hired him.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Well, Nolan certainly wouldnt be #2. Maybe #2002. That was an old McCarthy crony hire that wasn't merit based. There was a phonebook full of better options
Ag Natural
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

McCarthy was the reason Nolan was hired. That abysmal decision is a big reason why I am not enamored with McCarthy. I credit Stephen and Jerry for breaking out the checkbook to fix McCarthy's ****up. They handed him his offense and then the defense too. Does McCarthy suck? No. I think he's a tough guy that relates to players well. Just not in love with his judgment a lot

Parsons was a great add. Most everyone else was here. Quinn did not have DLaw available most of this year. I credit Quinn for how creatively he's used Parsons

11 out of the top 20 defensive players were not here last year. Thats not including Gallimore and Gregory who didn't really play last season.
DannyDuberstein
AG
What? Gallimore has hardly played this year. He played in 16 games last year. Gregory has played in 10 games in both seasons. DLaw played 16 last year, has played in 5 this year. Diggs was here for both. Parsons is certainly an impact add. The rest are mostly JAGs churning because that's how NFL rosters work, but now they are churning with a coordinator that is one of the best in the game
Ag Natural
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

What? Gallimore has hardly played this year. He played in 16 games last year. Gregory has played in 10 games in both seasons. DLaw played 16 last year, has played in 5 this year. Diggs was here for both. Parsons is certainly an impact add. The rest are mostly JAGs churning because that's how NFL rosters work, but now they are churning with a coordinator that is one of the best in the game

Signing Watkins, Neal, amd Kearse has been big. Kazee has been okay.

From the draft Parsons, Odiguzua, Bohannon, Wright and Basham have all contributed to varying degrees.

Gregory was not ready to play last year.

This is a legitimately talented bunch on defense.

PooDoo
AG
I missed this celebration…. Hilarious
PooDoo
AG
Diggs' kid might be the new Crazy Ray (reference for the olds)
PooDoo
AG
jr15aggie
AG
Lol... they were arguing who the blocked punt counted for (the bet on offensive TDs vs defensive take aways).

And Turners Home Alone end zone dance was on point?
DriftwoodAg
AG
Quinn declined to interview with the Jags
DannyDuberstein
AG
DriftwoodAg said:

Quinn declined to interview with the Jags
duck79
AG
Speaking of new blood on defense. What happened to Urban this year. Wasn't he supposed to be a big run stopping signing?
DannyDuberstein
AG
He stuck his fingers up a girl's butt, kicked a kicker, and got fired.

Oh wait, the other Urban. Tore his tricep and is done for the year
PooDoo
AG
So true
PooDoo
AG
Did you notice the look on Zeke's face during Dak's pregame speech?

Infection_Ag11
AG
PooDoo said:

So true

Every fanbase perceives their coach as be img bad at time management because our brains selectively remember the times things went wrong. Patriots fans complain about Belichecks time management.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
double aught
AG
PooDoo said:

Did you notice the look on Zeke's face during Dak's pregame speech?

Either that or Dak is the greatest orator of all time.
PooDoo
AG
7/11's marketing crew should be all over these guys

PooDoo
AG
PooDoo
AG
The original 88
jteagle
AG

Pretty good company!
ramblin_ag02
AG
jteagle said:

Pretty good company!
All credit to Dan Quinn for this one. He took a rookie linebacker, noticed some pass rush talent, and stuck him on the line for long stretches. I don't know many defensive coaches that would do that
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
jtstanley4621
AG
jteagle said:

Pretty good company!

Donald is so ridiculous. DTs aren't supposed to grade out as the highest rated pass rushers in the league. I really think he's the GOAT at the position
PooDoo
AG
jr15aggie
AG
Cousins positive, will miss game vs Packers.

Friggin Pack have some kind of luck going on. Perhaps it's for the best... teams need late season losses / wake up calls sometimes. They have not played all that well against lesser teams in recent weeks. Let them go into the playoffs thinking they will just keep doing what they've been doing.
MookieBlaylock
AG
Mond NFL debut vs Packers is what this world needs

BenFiasco14
AG
MookieBlaylock said:

Mond NFL debut vs Packers is what this world needs

To piggy back on this - at night, at Lambeau, with a weather forecast of 0 degrees at kickoff
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
Wisconsin_Ag
jr15aggie said:

Friggin Pack have some kind of luck going on. Perhaps it's for the best... teams need late season losses / wake up calls sometimes. They have not played all that well against lesser teams in recent weeks. Let them go into the playoffs thinking they will just keep doing what they've been doing.

Kirk Cousins was not going to beat the Packers in Green Bay. If Minnesota is going to beat Green Bay, it will be because of Dalvin Cook running all over the pathetic Packer run defense.
jteagle
AG
Wisconsin_Ag said:

jr15aggie said:

Kirk Cousins was not going to beat the Packers in Green Bay. If Minnesota is going to beat Green Bay, it will be because of Dalvin Cook running all over the pathetic Packer run defense.

Stranger things have happened, especially this year. I feel like the Packers are due for a letdown at some point.
BenFiasco14
AG
Wisconsin_Ag said:

jr15aggie said:

Yeah, suuuure. As if the Packers are ready for the Kellen Mond juggernaut. Gonna be a blowout
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
PatAg
AG
I'd love to somehow draft Hutchinson, just to have a full D-Line of all pro level players
jr15aggie
AG
PatAg said:

I'd love to somehow draft Hutchinson, just to have a full D-Line of all pro level players

That's worked well for WFT
Ag Natural
AG
PatAg said:

Well Hutch is probably going top 5 and hopefully we won't be picking till the 30s.

Personally I'd love to go LB again and let LVE walk.
DannyDuberstein
AG
I want to see them hit OL hard this draft.
TyHolden
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

I want to see them hit OL hard this draft.
this - tackles

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.