********** Dallas Cowboys 2021 Season Thread **********

197,951 Views | 2808 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by PooDoo
jtstanley4621
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I would gleefully watch Jerry and the Cowboys burn if it meant A&M was elite every year
jr15aggie
AG
jtstanley4621 said:

Some Junkie Cosmonaut said:

I hope Jerry is saving up his money for Diggs' next contract.

No we should let him walk so we can sign a mediocre LB instead la Byron Jones. Imagine the CB duo of Jones and Diggs

I know right... we definitely should have paid Byron $82 million dollars with $50+ guaranteed so we could have gotten those 2 picks he made last year. And if you apply the law of averages, he might even get another one this year too!!!!
jtstanley4621
AG
Yes, everyone knows INTs are the only way to judge how good a corner is. We are certainly better off having Diggs and Jaylon Smith out there instead of Diggs and Byron Jones. I'm sure it would warm Jerry's heart to know that has you to carry water for him.
jr15aggie
AG
100% ... INT is pretty much the only stat that matters when you make a guy the highest paid CB in the NFL. Had Jerry paid Byron it's the only thing we'd be talking about. Guys like you would be dogging Jerry for once again putting us in salary cap hell for a player that IS NOT elite!

I am MUCH happier with Jaylon Smith, who we can cut next year, instead of being in year 2 of Byron Jones ridiculous contract.

But that's all I have time to say about it... I have to get back to carrying Jerry's water!
Ag Natural
AG
Thank goodness Jerry didn't lock up Byron Jones for $16m/year. Diggs could demand his money now the same way Xavien Howard did.

You can't be an elite corner if you can't take the ball away. Period.
TMACsDaMan
Diggs has 5 INTs this year. Byron Jones has 4…in his 6+ years in the league
NukeAg10
AG
Not cowboys related, but there's a lightning delay in LA for a closed stadium. Wtf?

They also showed some lightning strikes and I'll bet those people are losing their minds. Thunderstorms there are extremely rare, obviously.
Casual Cynic
They lighting could "come through the sides".
Casual Cynic
The lighting I meant. Cowboys are looking good for beating the Chargers. Chargers are dominating the Raiders.
ChemAg15
AG
It's an open air stadium so I guess it doesn't count as being indoors for lightning safety protocol.

Are lightning storms that rare in LA? I thought lightning happened everywhere.
NukeAg10
AG
Of course lightning happens everywhere, but LA is sunny with highs in the low 80's 98% of the year.
NukeAg10
AG
Also, cowboys win over the chargers is looking damn good right now. I'm so hesitant to say this team could finally do something, bc we've been burned so many times, but the cowboys are good this year.
Casual Cynic
Just as we say that here come the Raiders.
NukeAg10
AG
AFC west is really good this year, so I'm not surprised the raiders are coming back.
Ag Natural
AG
Don't we play the whole AFC West? Those will all be tough gamez.
STX Ag
AG
NukeAg10 said:

Also, cowboys win over the chargers is looking damn good right now. I'm so hesitant to say this team could finally do something, bc we've been burned so many times, but the cowboys are good this year.

We have depth at most places except the one that matters most (granted no one really has depth at that position). I won't say the words for fear of a jinx.

That's the one really glaring thing I see that could derail this team.
jr15aggie
AG
Didn't realize that until around 1-2 weeks ago, the last time Golston had put on football pads was the Senior Bowl. Guy played over 30 snaps and played them well against the Panthers. That's dang impressive.

If Joseph comes back and can beat out Anthony Brown this will be another grand slam draft class matching the Dak/Zeke class.
gigem1223
Ag Natural said:

Don't we play the whole AFC West? Those will all be tough gamez.

Good news is we may have already played the best team and I'm expecting the Broncos and Raiders to come back down to earth. We'll see. If KC's defense doesn't get things turned around I think that game is very winnable.
jr15aggie
AG
Yeah, the best news about our schedule (when it comes to winning the East) is we've already played 3 of the best teams from the AFC West and NFC South. And despite that we are still sitting here at 3-1.

I see lots of L's in the future for our rivals when they have to match up against the Chargers, Bucs, and Panthers. I'm hopeful the Panthers are 100% focused after the Dallas loss and kick the crap out of Philly this week.

With the way we are playing I expect the Cowboys to beat LV, Denver, NO, and Atl with KC being a toss-up.
jr15aggie
AG
Check out Washington's schedule starting 2 weeks from now:

Chiefs
Packers
Broncos
Bucs
Panthers
Seahawks
Raiders
Cowboys
Eagles
Cowboys

Good luck to them... they will have earned it if they can get through that and still have a better record than Dallas.
ChemAg15
AG
jr15aggie said:

Yeah, the best news about our schedule (when it comes to winning the East) is we've already played 3 of the best teams from the AFC West and NFC South. And despite that we are still sitting here at 3-1.

I see lots of L's in the future for our rivals when they have to match up against the Chargers, Bucs, and Panthers. I'm hopeful the Panthers are 100% focused after the Dallas loss and kick the crap out of Philly this week.

With the way we are playing I expect the Cowboys to beat LV, Denver, NO, and Atl with KC being a toss-up.

Not to mention our rivals have to play the Dallas ****in Cowboys
Enviroag02
AG
Whoa! Jaylon Smith released!
AverageJones
AG
Wow
HummingbirdSaltalamacchia
AG
Enviroag02 said:

Just came here to post. Wtf? I'm hardly a fan but, that's….surprising to say the least
94chem
Enviroag02 said:

Does this make Parsons a full time LB? Or is this just based on Smith not being very good? Or money? Or other players coming back? Or some off the field stuff?
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
gigem1223
94chem said:

Enviroag02 said:

Does this make Parsons a full time LB? Or is this just based on Smith not being very good? Or money? Or other players coming back? Or some off the field stuff?

Probably has more to do with Neal coming back. Still think they'll use Parsons everywhere.
DannyDuberstein
AG
This reeks of something happening off the field.

But HELL YEAH!!!
YouBet
AG
Dak playing so well they going to run him both ways?
PooDoo
AG
Wow, hope he doesn't have to buy all those #54's

Good break down
Danny Vermin
Good, Jabril Cox needs some PT.
J.P. 03
AG
94chem said:

Enviroag02 said:

He's got a weird injury guarantee that the cowboys weren't comfortable with. DMN wrote this before the season started:

Quote:

A major injury in 2021 can trigger the 2022 injury guarantee in Smith's contract. If he cannot pass his physical leading up to March 20, his $9.2 million salary would be fully guaranteed.

As the new season takes shape, this is something the Cowboys may be forced to weigh in real time.

How many snaps is Smith playing in a linebacker room that also houses rookie first-round pick Micah Parsons, Keanu Neal, Leighton Vander Esch, rookie fourth-round pick Jabril Cox and Luke Gifford on the active roster? Is he producing at a $9.2 million level? Is he making enough of an impact today to risk an injury forcing the Cowboys' hand tomorrow?
Baby Billy
AG

jr15aggie
AG
Did not see that coming! But we've been saying it, the guy has made a ton of bad plays.

I've seen Gifford play well in limited snaps and Cox was more than fine during pre season.

Let's get these guys on the field with some easier games coming up and let's get them ready for the push to the playoffs.
HummingbirdSaltalamacchia
AG
ElephantRider
AG
Check out Twitter, every fanbase clamoring to sign him.

Buyer beware.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.