********** Dallas Cowboys 2021 Season Thread **********

197,891 Views | 2808 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by PooDoo
Grapesoda2525
How long do you want to ignore this user?
If we can avoid the injury bug and avoid getting blown out, I don't mind losing the first game to TB. Dak and zeke will be rusty. We still have several issues to sort through.

Definitely need it to be better than last years opener against the rams where we lost like 5-7 players for the whole season.
BMX Bandit
Quote:

so you put $100 on Boys to cover?

Yessir
Ag Natural
AG
I would take the Boys plus 8. That is a lot of points.
Tastybrisket10
AG
I think all 3 lines could go either way or are too risky...I'm staying clear of this one.
jr15aggie
AG
That's a generous betting line considering the Cowboys are going to win!
Southlake
^ Please don't jinx this game!

TB playing at home in the season opener not only with Brady and brutal runner, but also the best defense in the league. Dak hadn't played in ages. We have a new DC. We're missing our best O lineman. Zeke checked out last year. Some dude named Connor is starting.

TB wins 35-10. I guarantee it!!

See what I did there?
TyHolden
AG
Southlake said:

^ Please don't jinx this game!

TB playing at home in the season opener not only with Brady and brutal runner, but also the best defense in the league. Dak hadn't played in ages. We have a new DC. We're missing our best O lineman. Zeke checked out last year. Some dude named Connor is starting.

TB wins 35-10. I guarantee it!!

See what I did there?
i'm a bucs, evans, and brady fan as well. i'm just gonna root for dak to actually play and make it through the whole game. or maybe sit this one out.
ac04
gigem1223 said:

MaximusDMeridius said:

Line is currently -8. Anybody think it will be that close?

Defense or not, that's a lot of points to give against an offense like Dallas. TB was not world beaters last season. I'd take Dallas and the 8 easy. I say TB 27 Dallas 23.
weren't they pretty much the definition of world beaters last season?
TyHolden
AG
ac04 said:

gigem1223 said:

MaximusDMeridius said:

Defense or not, that's a lot of points to give against an offense like Dallas. TB was not world beaters last season. I'd take Dallas and the 8 easy. I say TB 27 Dallas 23.
they didn't play russia or china!!!
BenFiasco14
AG
BMX Bandit said:

Quote:

so you put $100 on Boys to cover?

Yessir

Dropped a wager myself
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
PooDoo
AG
Dont know why they didn't have 5 minutes of Jerry being Jerry each episode.
Spaceship
AG
Most boring season of Hard Knocks ever?
TheCougarHunter
AG
Yes
Ag Natural
AG
Yeah Hard Knocks hasn't been great in years. Last year stunk because it was all about covid testing.
98Ag99Grad
AG
Stopped watching after episode 2. Sounds like I didn't miss anything. As for the game Thursday, I'm expecting a lot of rust on O with Dak sitting out all preseason games. Think TB wins pretty easily unfortunately.
jr15aggie
AG
Can't say I feel great about our chances either, but Tampa wasn't this dominant force all year long. They did what most champs do, peaked at the right time.

They are beatable. We will have a decent shot at winning this game. But I'll keep my expectations in check, don't want to be too disappointing if week 1 doesn't go our way.
PooDoo
AG
I think Tampa has a better DL than our OL and a better OL than our DL.

If we think Parsons is good, wait until TBs LBs start running around.
gigem1223
ac04 said:

gigem1223 said:

MaximusDMeridius said:

Poor choice of words I guess. Yes they were world champs. As another poster noted they peaked at the right time. Let's not forget this was a wild card team. If we get good Dak, I expect a close game.
Ag Natural
AG
The more I look at this team the more I think they are going to be a big surprise. There's a LOT of new faces especially on defense. New DC and an actual training camp.

I'm surprised how much hate McCarthy gets. He had a long run at GB and was mostly successful. Hell, if he duplicated his run here the Jones would put in the ring of honor. Yeah last year was rough. He made some bad coaching hires. But I think fans and media are being pretty choosy when deciding who to give a pass for last year. McCarthy didn't have a camp and he lost his QB and ENTIRE starting OL. Remember Frederick retired just before the season. Hell, even is veteran backup QB caught COVID and never really looked right. Honestly, I challenge any team to have a good year under those circumstances.

My prediction is this. Dak looks great, he is going to light it up. Zeke looks amazing. He's going to be close to the league leaders in rushing again. Smith looks healthy finally. The offense is going to be top 5 if not #1.

The defense has more pieces than before. I think Parsons is a rookie probowler. He may average over 10 tackles a game. Diggs is a budding star. I love the additions of Kazee, Hooker and Neal. I think Wilson is ready to break out. I think the back 7 will be solid. The real question is the DL. Gregory and Lawrence will have to stay healthy and be above average for this defense to be legit. I definitely worried about the interior as well, but they've got a lot of young guys fighting for playing time there.

In the end, barring injuries of course I'd take the over on a 9 1/2 line. I think this team makes the playoffs. That being said, I really hate these first two road games.
jr15aggie
AG
Quote:

My prediction is this. Dak looks great, he is going to light it up. Zeke looks amazing. He's going to be close to the league leaders in rushing again. Smith looks healthy finally. The offense is going to be top 5 if not #1.

Sunshine pumpers unite! I can dig it.

With regards to Smith, apparently he feels so good he even ditched the neck guard he's been wearing a few seasons. No idea what will happen over 17 games, but right now he feels better than he has in years.

I really do hope we are dominant on offense. Too many inconsistencies which is one of the reasons JG was fired. Moore's been calling plays for a couple years now and there are no more excuses. Get it done!

And I too predict Zeke will surprise people and I also believe he will play a larger role in the passing game.
BenFiasco14
AG
Think we lose, but Cowboys cover -8
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
Southlake
TB was 7-5 at one point last year, mainly because Brady was out of sync with his offense, mainly his receivers. Then they got their act together. Will see where they pick up, but they really didn't lose anybody.

Now Jerry is optimistic that Zach will play if he tests neg. today and prior to game time tomorrow. Not sure what to think of that.
jr15aggie
AG
Southlake said:

Now Jerry is optimistic that Zach will play if he tests neg. today and prior to game time tomorrow. Not sure what to think of that.

That's true, if he tests negative he could play... but I also heard that he did have symptoms. Loss of taste, smell, stuff like that. To me, it would be a different scenario if he was a symptom free positive over the weekend. But because he's not, I think it's in his best interest to prioritize his health regardless of what tests might show now.
DannyDuberstein
AG
I think Jerry Jones and Diggs' kid need their own show. They could go to night clubs, ice cream shops, whataburger, etc and the camera just follows them around
gigem1223
Stephen just said Martin is still a long shot to play Thursday.
tylercsbn9
AG
Diggs kid is an absolute star. What an adorable kid.
Grapesoda2525
Ag Natural said:

The more I look at this team the more I think they are going to be a big surprise. There's a LOT of new faces especially on defense. New DC and an actual training camp.

I'm surprised how much hate McCarthy gets. He had a long run at GB and was mostly successful. Hell, if he duplicated his run here the Jones would put in the ring of honor. Yeah last year was rough. He made some bad coaching hires. But I think fans and media are being pretty choosy when deciding who to give a pass for last year. McCarthy didn't have a camp and he lost his QB and ENTIRE starting OL. Remember Frederick retired just before the season. Hell, even is veteran backup QB caught COVID and never really looked right. Honestly, I challenge any team to have a good year under those circumstances.

The defense has more pieces than before. I think Parsons is a rookie probowler. He may average over 10 tackles a game. Diggs is a budding star. I love the additions of Kazee, Hooker and Neal. I think Wilson is ready to break out. I think the back 7 will be solid. The real question is the DL. Gregory and Lawrence will have to stay healthy and be above average for this defense to be legit. I definitely worried about the interior as well, but they've got a lot of young guys fighting for playing time there.

In the end, barring injuries of course I'd take the over on a 9 1/2 line. I think this team makes the playoffs. That being said, I really hate these first two road games.
The talent is there. I agree with you 100% on that. The only way we have a bad season in my opinion is bad luck with injuries. Really crossing my fingers that it doesn't happen. Some guys have been in bubble wrap for over a year now.
jr15aggie
AG
Our front 7 got a helluva lot stronger with Parsons, Gregory, Neal, & a healthy LVE. I expect big improvements over last year (which isn't hard to do). If the DTs can, at minimum, hold the line, we should see some nice things here. Definitely not hard to see our win total improving by a few games.

First things first... gotta win the division. I will be extremely frustrated if we can't manage that seeing as we have the only superstar QB in the division. Heck, the other teams don't even have what you'd call a franchise QB.
Macarthur
I think this team is going to be better and win the division.

However, I think there is a decent chance we get drilled tomorrow so don't everyone panic.
Southlake
jr15aggie said:

Southlake said:

That's true, if he tests negative he could play... but I also heard that he did have symptoms. Loss of taste, smell, stuff like that. To me, it would be a different scenario if he was a symptom free positive over the weekend. But because he's not, I think it's in his best interest to prioritize his health regardless of what tests might show now.
Well said. I mean, even if he tests negative, he's just had COVID! Can be a good idea to play him either way.

Long season. I'd personally like to see him rest up and regain his strength.
jr15aggie
AG
Macarthur said:

However, I think there is a decent chance we get drilled tomorrow so don't everyone panic.

Yeah I know what you mean. I'm not overly excited about tomorrow because I have a feeling the final outcome isn't what I want. But it's dang good to have football back and you never know, perhaps Micah Parsons breaks Old Man Tom's body in the 1st quarter and Dallas goes on to shock the champs!

Trying not to get my hopes up for the Cowboys this year until they give me a reason to believe. Besides, I currently have my Aggies carrying the torch for my unrealistic expectations!
Grapesoda2525
jr15aggie said:

Macarthur said:

Yeah I know what you mean. I'm not overly excited about tomorrow because I have a feeling the final outcome isn't what I want. But it's dang good to have football back and you never know, perhaps Micah Parsons breaks Old Man Tom's body in the 1st quarter and Dallas goes on to shock the champs!

Trying not to get my hopes up for the Cowboys this year until they give me a reason to believe. Besides, I currently have my Aggies carrying the torch for my unrealistic expectations!
At least we're getting the game with the Brady bunch over with now. Better than needing a win badly in December to make the playoffs and having to deal with them.
jr15aggie
AG
It would be nice... real nice... if we could get a clean hit on Brady with Gregory or Parsons early in the game. Full contact to his blind side / drive him into the ground type hit.

At 44 years old if he can get up after a hit like that and still beat us, then I can live with that.
TyHolden
AG
jr15aggie said:

It would be nice... real nice... if we could get a clean hit on Brady with Gregory or Parsons early in the game. Full contact to his blind side / drive him into the ground type hit.

At 44 years old if he can get up after a hit like that and still beat us, then I can live with that.
yes, let's be the team that took out the greatest qb ever. I'm not from philly.
jr15aggie
AG
LOL... to be clear, I wasn't suggesting we end TB12. I simply want to make him feel his age for 1 game and see how he responds.

If we can put the boom on that guy at 44 years old and he gets right back up and keeps throwing TDs...... what can you say other than it's obvious TB and Saban have the same agent making deals with the Devil!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.