Womens Tennis 2023

234,344 Views | 3490 Replies | Last: 10 mo ago by Chapa96
taylorswift13
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
3-1
taylorswift13
AG
1-4
taylorswift13
AG
Not looking great
aggiedrjdub
AG
Sure would like Mia to get us on the board before this ends.
Gig'em Aggies! c/o '98 W H O O P!
taylorswift13
AG
2-4
taylorswift13
AG
Mia 30-40
taylorswift13
AG
Mia leads 5-4

Salma down 2-5 in tiebreaker
taylorswift13
AG
2-6
taylorswift13
AG
This hurts
aggiedrjdub
AG
Pain. So much pain.
RED AG 98
Method Man
Valiant effort but still disappointed
taylorswift13
AG
Way to fight Ags! We'll get them outdoors! Sorry our stupid AD and administration can't give you all the resources you need to succeed half the season… it's on them not on you all! Shame to you Ross Bjork! You cost our ladies a national title that was their's!
RED AG 98
AG
Super proud of you ladies. You are phenomenal.
Anchorhold
That was so much fun. Thanks ang gig'em team!

(looks at plane tickets for Orlando)
Gap
AG
taylorswift13 said:

Way to fight Ags! We'll get them outdoors! Sorry our stupid AD and administration can't give you all the resources you need to succeed half the season… it's on them not on you all! Shame to you Ross Bjork! You cost our ladies a national title that was their's!

[We are not going to allow insulting posts towards other posters on this forum. That is your warning. -Staff]

Wrong place. Wrong time.
aggiedrjdub
AG
We will be ranked #2 after this weekend. NC will be 1.
RED AG 98
AG
I don't blame Bjork as the relatively new guy. But the ADs of the prior 20 years have no excuses. Get it done Mr. Bjork.
HiddenAg2
Good effort but we have to find a way to win 3 singles matches when you win the doubles point. Exciting match but tough to lose 4 of 5 singles matches like that, most in third sets. I do think we have the advantage in outdoors against them however. Could be a preview of the national title match in May.
aggiedrjdub
AG

I agree with him/her 100%. He's not evil, but this is the second year in a row we've been failed by our lack of facilities. If this isn't the right time, when is?
RED AG 98
AG
It's the right time now. Long past time in fact. But it's hard to put this on Bjork. I agree 1 million percent these ladies deserve world class facilities.
aggiedrjdub
AG
RED AG 98 said:

It's the right time now. Long past time in fact. But it's hard to put this on Bjork. I agree 1 million percent these ladies deserve world class facilities.

I'm not blaming Bjork, but he could address the elephant in the room when there's clearly an elephant in the room. WHAT IS THE PLAN? The lack of response is his response. There is no plan.
Chapa96
AG
That was College Tennis at it's finest!!!! Proud Aggie!!!
Gap
AG
A couple of options.

Get your check book out and make a commitment to tennis. A large group of like minded people committing $100K over 10 years each.

Or

Find a creative solution with a local government entity like a city, a school district, or a combination of those.

The facility isn't going to pay for itself so the above categories are the primary options.

This is a recurring discussion and continuing it 20 seconds after the match is disrespectful of our team.
RED AG 98
AG
This right here. I had the Super Bowl on my second screen and barely even paid attention to it. Admittedly no longer much of an nfl fan but that tennis was fantastically more exciting.
Ag4eva95
aggiedrjdub
AG
Gap said:

A couple of options.

Get your check book out and make a commitment to tennis. A large group of like minded people committing $100K over 10 years each.

Or

Find a creative solution with a local government entity like a city, a school district, or a combination of those.

The facility isn't going to pay for itself so the above categories are the primary options.

This is a recurring discussion and continuing it 20 seconds after the match is disrespectful of our team.

Gap - first of all, we are all here in support of this amazing team. Secondly, we will discuss and say what we want to say when we want to say it. If you don't like it, move along. Third - WE ARE ASKING for our athletic director, SOMEONE, to show us a plan and a commitment to the program. We aren't saying we can't and won't support it financially, but it's not our place to put a plan together and organize the financials. Lastly, alumni have supported and have donated repeatedly to this project only to have the monies redirected elsewhere. The fact is, we are competing at the highest level without the same facilities as those we are competing against (which we all know).

We are proud of this team, but they deserve better and if there is some plan that you can show me, or if it's even on the radar for a future build, I'd be happy and I'm sure the team would be as well.

The city or local government should not be an option. This should be on our land and under the athletic departments budget.
Aggie Tennis
AG
Not the result we wanted but this has been a great tournament.

So many positives:
-Everyone in doubles. Great seeing Gianna bounce back.
-Mia and Daria. Wow. First year and carrying us in singles.
-Jayci and Salma bouncing back. Didn't go their way but they turned tough starts into close matches.
-Mary and Carson, and the full team, will use this as motivation.

UNC has a history of winning indoors but not the outdoors.

We are setup to ensure they continue that streak. It will be a great season!
aggiedrjdub
AG
One thing is for sure…I'm about sick of Fiona Crawley
RED AG 98
AG
Chica is good no doubt
bigtimeag1977
Unfortunately I didn't get to see much of the match, but what a great effort by our ladies. Could we really expect them to beat UNC in the semifinals of the national indoors. Hard to win and beat the best when we aren't given the same resources as a program like UNC.
Signem
One thing is for sure. I believe we have made believers of the Cracked Racket crew. They were obviously oooing and ahhhing all over UNC, but the description they gave of how we BEAT DOWN UNC in doubles, those guys were impressed. Probably a pretty safe bet at this point, but I predict that like taylorswift has said a number of times, the doubles point OUGHT to be ours for the year with our lineup. I need to do some research, but I'd wager that this might have been UNC's only loss in doubles in over a year. That being said, I honestly can't see any other team on the schedule that can take 4 singles like UNC did tonight, especially if the match is outdoors. And another thing, and I'm going a little deep here, but speaking of deep, our bench is such that if one of the ladies goes down there's plenty of backup to step in and make a solid contribution. Bottom line, SEC season, and tournament championship, here we come AGAIN!!
aggiedrjdub
AG
We will have to see how NCState does throughout the year…they are tough, too, but I sure do like our team and I'd take us outdoors against anyone in the country right now.
aggiedrjdub
AG

This is pretty impressive!
Chapa96
AG
We have found our line 6...Daria! Did she lose this weekend?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.