Womens Tennis 2023

234,220 Views | 3490 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by Chapa96
Signem
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Jeanette wins first sit on court 5, 6-2
JC playing on court three is up 65
Mia is having a bad day on court two. Lost the first set. Down in the second set 1-0
Daria wins her first set on court 4
aggiedrjdub
AG
I have. There are no scores on the Aggie women's Twitter page
Anchorhold
aggiedrjdub
AG
They are showing on the video feeds now

Mary is a damn fighter. Get after her Mary!
aggiedrjdub
AG
Y'all. I have a question. Who is the loud guy that travels to all the matches? Legend. Lol!!
Aggie Tennis
AG
Does anyone know why Salma is out today? Certainly testing our depth with two of our top three out of the lineup (Carson and Salma).
Aggie Tennis
AG
Mary clutch to take the first set 7-5!
aggiedrjdub
AG
Wish I knew about Salma. She looked good in doubles.

Mary comes back from the abyss, down 2-5 to take the first set 7-5.

Mia catching fire.
aggiedrjdub
AG
Jayci crushes Anessa Lee in the second set, 7-5, 6-1. Puts us up 2-0
aggiedrjdub
AG
Got a little testy on court 5 as Jeanette closes it out in straight sets 3 and 4. At 30-30 her opponent called out a ball that hit the line and was overruled. Mireles clinches with the next point. Gig'em!

Aggies up 3-0
aggiedrjdub
AG
Line 6 loses in straight sets. 4-6, 2-6
Daria just dropped set 2. On to the 3rd
Mary serving for the match
Mia up 3-2 in the 3rd

Aggies up 3-1
aggiedrjdub
AG
Mary clinches in straight sets, 7-5, 6-4

Ags win 4-1

All remaining matches pulled.
Anchorhold
Quote:

beware the snake in the grass today.

Fayetteville here we come!

BEAT THE
EVER-LIVIN'
EVER-LOVIN'
UNDISPUTED
CONFERECE CHAMPION
HELL OUTTA 'EM AGS!
Ag4eva95
To be fair to Jeanette, it wasn't very close. I think it was a Hail Mary call from Vanderbilt to get a home court call.
taylorswift13
AG
Back to Back Perfect SEC Regular Seasons
aggiedrjdub
AG
Yeah. Definitely agree. But the fans didn't. Hahaha
Signem
We were definitely like the Doberman. Little scary I agree, with two of our top players out. But both of them are gone next year and according to the coaches, the girls coming in are even better than they are. Salma has been dealing with cramps, serious cramps, for the last several weeks. It looks like she just ran out of gas. The loud guy is the same guy that is loud at Mitchell.
Anchorhold
Glad to get the wind experience today. Lightning storms might force the SEC tournament indoors next week, but we're not going to let them pull that "wind" **** **** in orlando like they did in illinois last year.
Aggie Tennis
AG
Not taking a single match for granted. Such a pleasure supporting this team.

Anchorhold
Signem said:

The loud guy is the same guy that is loud at Mitchell.
a damn aggie role model
aggiedrjdub
AG
I agree! Aggie women's tennis 12thMan fan of the year!
aggiedrjdub
AG
Aggie Women's Golf SEC champs today as well!
Anchorhold
ReginaPhalangeMD
He's known as the "sign guy". lol. His name is Russell
He's funny w his signs, but occasionally gets himself into trouble with the refs from time to time. Very passionate Aggie fan!!
aggiedrjdub
AG
I get a kick out of him, especially at away matches when I'm watching online. Unapologetically Gig'em all the way!
Signem
To pick our first opponent is an interesting call. Me personally, I think I would hope for Vanderbilt again. There is one quirk about that potential match, Anna Ross has been their anchor at #1 for the last 2 years and she laid out on singles as well like Salma. So if she plays, Mary should beat her as handily as Carson did last year but it moves everyone of their players down a notch. I think we still win but maybe not in straight sets.
Ag4eva95
This year Anna Ross has been a mainstay at #2 singles. She hits the ball hard, but isn't the best of movers on the court. I think Salma would do fine as she absorbs heavy hitting well.

Vanderbilt is a tough matchup talent wise. For some reason they just never put it together this year but I think they are the 3rd most talented team in the SEC. They are somewhat young though
aggiedrjdub
AG
cbmik95 said:

This year Anna Ross has been a mainstay at #2 singles. She hits the ball hard, but isn't the best of movers on the court. I think Salma would do fine as she absorbs heavy hitting well.

Vanderbilt is a tough matchup talent wise. For some reason they just never put it together this year but I think they are the 3rd most talented team in the SEC. They are somewhat young though
Their number 1 girl hit heavy and hard and has a good serve and gave MARY FITS for about 7 games yesterday. But just like Anna, she doesn't move that well, so when Mary got her moving she found herself back in control of the match. She was just approaching on shots that would land in the middle of the court for a bit. Took her a while to get used to the wind, as it did for others.
Signem
At the Kentucky match their head coach Carlos I think despises Russell. As soon as Russell walked in Carlos goes and finds the head ref and tells him that Russell can't interfere with the Kentucky players with his chatter. The layout of the Kentucky outdoor courts is very weird and the seating is so limited. In singles he positioned himself to be next to Jayci's court and Salma was the next court over. There were no stands or seats directly watching Salma's court. Salma starts cramping in the first set. Russell starts yelling encouragement to Salma supposedly while play is going on on Jayci's court. The head ref immediately is confronted by the Kentucky coach saying that Russell can't be talking across court during play so the ref issues Russell a warning. Russell shrugs his shoulders and says okay. All he does is wait his turn. As soon as Jayci finishes her point he's yelling at either one or both courts, depending upon the situation. Jayci's opponent is such a basket case, later she complains to the referee along with the assistant coach that Russell is talking/encouraging Jayci during their point, a major no no. The referee just tells them , "I have to hear it to issue a warning." Jayci's match is over about 5 minutes later. After that, Russell tries to work his "magic" on Daria's opponent in a completely different area of the facility (like I said, very strange layout). Daria had just gone down 1-5 in the second set and she lost the first set 7-5. As soon as Russell shows up he goes crazy with his signs. Screaming and yelling the whole time. Four games later the set is tied at 5 all. But Russell said later that at that point his voice cracked and he ran out of gas. The Kentucky girl wins 7-5, 7-5. Bummer
taylorswift13
AG
Russell is my new favorite person
aggiedrjdub
AG
Russell is the real one here. Thank you Russell. I hope to meet you one day! Gig'em!
farmer65
Why doesn't A&M have indoor courts…every other school in the SEC have indoor courts???
Aggie Tennis
AG
Does anyone know how to get Adidas, or someone, to make a back to back SEC champs shirt?
Chapa96
AG
farmer65 said:

Why doesn't A&M have indoor courts…every other school in the SEC have indoor courts???
Such a long and debated topic. You should research in earlier posts about this. Funds are being used elsewhere for Championships that may never happen with other sports................just sayin............
Chapa96
AG
Aggie Tennis said:

Does anyone know how to get Adidas, or someone, to make a back to back SEC champs shirt?
Years ago I had emailed the department and they actually sent me a t shirt. This was at least 10 years ago. But you'll be lucky to find any A&M Tennis gear. Every once in a while I will find a Tennis shirt at the MSC.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.