Womens Tennis 2023

234,245 Views | 3490 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by Chapa96
aggiedrjdub
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
She may not be ready, but my assumption is that Mary and Mia will continue to be a duo.
Ag4eva95
I would assume so, Mia needs to gain some confidence in doubles. Her potential is endless.
Anchorhold
Just imagine what one fall semester together will do for them.
aggiedrjdub
AG
I agree and it's nice that we have one solid doubles team at line 1 or 2, but we are in a world of hurt for the other 2 teams. I can't imagine who will be on those lines for us at this point.
Anchorhold
Tennessee adds former oklahomama state #2 / 3 / sometimes #1 Alana Wolfberg (ITA rank #118).

While that's a lot of orange activity and I know we all want to know what new additions we might have, I do have faith in our staff to have our team ready to go in January.

I think I remember Coach Weaver during one of his interviews saying they had hoped to get Salma on campus before the fall semester started but did any of us know before she showed up in the spring?
Ag4eva95
I don't worry about who they bring in! There are ALOT of big names in the portal, I assume more to come. Alana Wolfberg isn't necessarily elite. Tennessee can have her. Potentially keeps them a top 20 team our goal is #1!
Quail
cbmik95 said:

I don't worry about who they bring in! There are ALOT of big names in the portal, I assume more to come. Alana Wolfberg isn't necessarily elite. Tennessee can have her. Potentially keeps them a top 20 team our goal is #1!
So, who are some of the big names in the portal? Would love to know! And your expert opinion on where they may be leaning.
Ag4eva95
Expert is a big stretch! Just an enthusiast. Clearly struck out with thinking the girl from ODU was coming here. Fingers crossed on Khirin!

Komar from LSU was a big one I heard we had a shot at. Baylor #1 I really thought was underrated. She played Mary very well at NCAAs. She's headed to OU. Iowa State is losing one of their top players, but have no insight to where she is headed. Obviously the girl from ODU is a great pick up for that nasty burnt orange. Expecting quite a few more soon. It's hard because they don't always announce it, so I hear it from my tennis coaching friends.
Quail
cbmik95 said:

Expert is a big stretch! Just an enthusiast. Clearly struck out with thinking the girl from ODU was coming here. Fingers crossed on Khirin!

Komar from LSU was a big one I heard we had a shot at. Baylor #1 I really thought was underrated. She played Mary very well at NCAAs. She's headed to OU. Iowa State is losing one of their top players, but have no insight to where she is headed. Obviously the girl from ODU is a great pick up for that nasty burnt orange. Expecting quite a few more soon. It's hard because they don't always announce it, so I hear it from my tennis coaching friends.
Yeah--I suspect that nasty burnt orange guy will add a few more surprises. However, I think we will as well!
bigfoot10s
AG
Anchorhold said:

I think I remember Coach Weaver during one of his interviews saying they had hoped to get Salma on campus before the fall semester started but did any of us know before she showed up in the spring?

I knew. She was almost a done deal for the fall. Very close.
Ag4eva95
You can see the proof on the first page of this forum! This is accurate trust bigfoot10s
Anchorhold
Yes, you did. Thanks for reminding me. Gladly awaiting your next tip.
Anchorhold
FINAL ITA RANKINGS:

DOUBLES
7 Carson Branstine & Mary Stoiana* Southeastern Conference 9 - 0 33.83
19 Jayci Goldsmith & Salma Ewing Southeastern Conference 24 - 9 24.38
38 Mia Kupres & Mary Stoiana Southeastern Conference 12 - 2 14.47
64 Mary Stoiana & Jayci Goldsmith Southeastern Conference 5 - 1 9.28

SINGLES
2 Mary Stoiana* Southeastern Conference 38 - 6 56.89
61 Salma Ewing Southeastern Conference 16 - 8 9.29
63 Carson Branstine Southeastern Conference 7 - 4 8.99
75 Mia Kupres Southeastern Conference 19 - 4 7.81
109 Jayci Goldsmith Southeastern Conference 32 - 9 5.43

*Carson and Mary become the third and fourth players in school history to attain All-American honors in both Singles and Doubles. Mary does both this season.
Ag4eva95
Is that a first? A doubles player being ranked 3 separate times in the end of year rankings? Congrats all on a great season!
Anchorhold
unc's Carson Tanguilig also appeared three times on the final doubles rankings this year. #3 with Crawley, #41 with Reilly Tran and #3 with Scotty.
Ag4eva95
Well, I guess Mary is in good company then!
aggiedrjdub
AG
Anchorhold said:

Yes, you did. Thanks for reminding me. Gladly awaiting your next tip.

Same. Someone post some info. Hurry. Lol
HersheyMonroe
DevinHester_GoBears1 said:

https://www.itftennis.com/en/players/salma--ewing/800671472/usa/wt/s/overview/
Give us something Devin. You blessed us with the Salma news in August
bigfoot10s
AG
Saw this coming…

https://instagr.am/p/Cs8obrorEUo
Ag4eva95
Oh for sure! Kind of wishes he stayed at Iowa State. He had something good going, sustainable. Good for him though!
Anchorhold
So there's a vacancy at an up-and-coming program with two more indoor courts than we have.
Aggie Tennis
AG
bigfoot10s said:

Saw this coming…

https://instagr.am/p/Cs8obrorEUo

Good coach. I was impressed with how hard they pushed NC State. Glad he's not in the SEC. Georgia, Florida and Texas is enough.
Harry Dunne
Anchorhold said:

So there's a vacancy at an up-and-coming program with two more indoor courts than we have.
Thats funny! Good for Boomer. Great guy.
aggiesherpa
AG
When do we start the 2024 thread??
Signem
Chapa will let us know when it's time. He's the one that started the tradition.
Chapa96
AG
Signem said:

Chapa will let us know when it's time. He's the one that started the tradition.
lol....I have started the last 2 years. Sadly since the season is officially over, I guess I can start one for next year's SEC's 3 peat run and beyond!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.