Womens Tennis 2023

240,232 Views | 3490 Replies | Last: 10 mo ago by Chapa96
taylorswift13
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
BTHO Mississippi State

Chapa96
AG
Jeanette and Daria at line 3......
Chapa96
AG
Chapa96 said:

Jeanette and Daria at line 3......
Loses 6-3. But Ags take the doubles point.
bigfoot10s
AG
Daria out for singles
aggiedrjdub
AG
What other options do we have for line 3 doubles? Does Robbins play doubles?
taylorswift13
AG
Easy win
aggiedrjdub
AG
I like 7-0 sweeps
Anchorhold

No third sets necessary
aggiedrjdub
AG
Based on her interview, it appears Carson is moving on after this year…

PLAYER'S QUOTES
Carson Branstine on her time at Texas A&M…
"I wish I could have more time at A&M, but every moment here has been such a blessing and being a part of this great group of girls and coaches has meant the world to me. The support on and off the court has been truly incredible and I wouldn't change a thing about my college experience here."

Salma Ewing on her experience at A&M…
"This experience has been the best 3-4 months of my life. These girls are so supporting and loving, it has been super fun competing with all of them at a higher level. I think that this team has a lot to offer and I'm glad to be a part of it."

Jayci Goldsmith on what the program means to her…
"It has been such an amazing five years here and has felt like home. I have never met a greater group of teammates and staff, I am so grateful for the memories here and will cherish every second I have left."
taylorswift13
AG
5 years, 2 years, 4 months, regardless Texas A&M is always going to be home
Aggie Tennis
AG
Didn't get to watch today but great way to send off these seniors. They've set a new standard and the quotes show what it means to them.

Having players, like Carson and Salma, that transferred in speak so highly while also having players, like Jayci, choose to play a 5th year should speak volumes to all top recruits. Come play your college tennis at A&M.

Also nice to see Gianna dominate at #6 when given the opportunity.

Mark has to be scratching his head on #3 doubles. It's the only thing not working right now so hopefully we get it cleaned up ASAP.
aggiedrjdub
AG
Yes, I 100% agree. Mark Weaver and team have given us something to be excited about for sure!!

Not sure if some of you have seen the statement put out by one of track and field athletes as he is leaving the program. Talk about burning bridges to the ground. Wowser.
Anchorhold
https://instagr.am/p/Cq1gaNcIWX9

Thank you seniors and team for everything you've done so far. Still got a month left!
Harry Dunne
Getting the team to #2 is very impressive, but IMO the most impressive thing Mark has done is to win big with athletes that appreciate their coach and the privilege of being Aggies.

In this day and age where kids are being enabled by administrators to turn on their coaches and where the NCAA has made it easy to jump ship to the highest bidder, to me that the real accomplishment (no matter how the season turns out).
Anchorhold
Did we ever hear any more details about what's wrong with Court 3? I didn't see any missing chunks yesterday.
bigtimeag1977
I agree with Harry. So nice to hear how well the players speak of Mark and his staff. In a world where nobody seems happy or content, it sure seems like this these student athletes are proud and grateful to be apart of this program.
Ag4eva95
Anyone else seeing the UT vs NCSTATE score? Joffe currently getting destroyed. Lost doubles fairly easily and lost all first sets 6-3 or worse. Love to see it
Anchorhold
What Mike said.
Anchorhold
CLARIFICATION: NC State beats t.u. 4-0 today. They beat Tennessee back in February 6-1.
aggiedrjdub
AG
They are definitely a team I'd like to see on the other side of the bracket. Dangerous; however, there are lots of dangerous teams out there, so we will have to be on top of our game and, I think, we have got to figure out line 3 doubles. Just makes no sense that we are struggling so much there with the talent we have. I'm sure they will figure it out.
mullokmotx
AG
There is an area about the size of a hand in the serving area right in the middle on the grandstand side that has cracks around it.
mullokag
aggietennisfan
Not everyone is suited to play doubles. Pielet struggles on the returns. Mireles struggles at the net. Smetannikov struggles with experience and decision making. There are no other options other than trying to make it work with two of those three players other than switching up all the teams. I believe we have only lost a few doubles points all season which is incredible to say the least so it would not make sense to switch the the other teams around.
Signem
Not to belittle the sports writer for the team, but the broken record in every notes he writes is we've only lost 3 doubles points all year. Outstanding performance no doubt and I just have to believe that the girls on 3 no matter who they are will figure something out. My team would be G and Daria, but Mark is the mastermind that will make the right call. Long range forecast in Lexington has a 40% chance of showers on Friday. Last time we went to Lexington there was a "threat" of rain and the UK coach moved the match indoors right off the bat. It never rained a drop. They only have 4 indoor courts if memory serves me correctly and the spectators are seated only on the far right side of the facility. So two of our players have to sit and wait (as do theirs also, I get it) but last time they also had their men's team there and those guys were nothing more than thugs. Fortunately those peons will be in Florida on Friday so even if we have to play indoors the ladies won't have to put up with a bunch of Neanderthals'.
aggiedrjdub
AG
Oh, no, I completely understand that. Definitely don't want to mess with lines 1 and 2. I just meant, are there players down the line that are more suited for doubles? Seems like we have a quite a few that never see the court but might be better suited for doubles? Boyer, Esquivel, Gownder, Robbins?
Ag4eva95
Not much change in the rankings, everyone dropped a bit even with the wins.

Mary is ranked 3 separate times in doubles. That's insane
Anchorhold
I am sorry if someone has mentioned this before and I missed it, but look at that points drop off after Mary & Carson!

ReginaPhalangeMD
agree
JPN06
What's up with CSQ being gone from the Arkansas webpage?

https://arkansasrazorbacks.com/sport/w-tennis/roster/#coaches
Gap
AG
JPN06 said:

She resigned. No reason has been given.
Anchorhold
Quote:

SEC Co-Players of the Week

Anastasiya Komar & Kylie Collins, LSU

blah blah blah…

Mary Stoiana & Mia Kupres, Texas A&M

Stoiana and Kupres wasted no time claiming their first win of the week, the pair bested Analle Leclercq-Ficher/Rachel Krzyzak on court 2 (6-1). No. 2 Stoiana continued that momentum into singles, as she bested No. 69 Ludmila Kareisova on court 1 to clinch the match for A&M. In the team's second match of the week with the Bulldogs, Stoiana and her partner went back to work, as they secured a repeat score dominating Gia Cohen/Maddie Bemisderfer (6-1). She rounded out the week claiming her 12th-straight win, outlasting No. 104 Emma Antonaki on court 1 (6-2, 7-5). Stoiana now holds 17 dual match singles wins, and remains undefeated in doubles dual matches across two partners at 14-0.
AggieMom77
So proud of these girls and love watching them play each week! They will be so hard to replace!
aggiedrjdub
AG
Someone give us the run down on Kentucky and Vandy
Harry Dunne
Gap said:

JPN06 said:

She resigned. No reason has been given.
What am I missing here? Why is this getting so many stars?

T&P for her and relief from whatever she is going through.
aggiedrjdub
AG
I don't think it's getting stars as a sign of disrespect. Mostly just as a sign of "oh ok thank you for the info".
Harry Dunne
I see. Thanks.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.