Womens Tennis 2023

247,608 Views | 3490 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Chapa96
Anchorhold
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Chapa96
AG
Anchorhold said:

She gets it!! Aggies take care of Aggies! Aggies for life!
OSheazy
Aggie Tennis
AG
NC State vs. UNC match is really good. UNC won doubles but NC State playing well in singles.

Hard to call at this point.
Chapa96
AG
Aggie Tennis said:

NC State vs. UNC match is really good. UNC won doubles but NC State playing well in singles.

Hard to call at this point.

Im here now. So so good.

Anchorhold
Even after four tiebreakers go to the Tar Heels, if abrams could have closed out the second set (up 6-4, 5-2) then state could have gotten some momentum.
Chapa96
AG
UNC finally gets theirs.

UNC only loses a player who doesn't play.
Aggie Tennis
AG
NC State had so many chances but after years of falling short, UNC played all the big points well.

They will be stacked again next year, unfortunately.
Anchorhold

Monday Singles Draw (one match per day)
8:00 am Salma vs Jaedan Brown (Michigan, 24 - 14, alternated between court 1 and 2 this season ending on 2 in the playoffs)
2:30 pm #2 Mary (now officially all-american) vs Georgia Drummy (Duke, 12 - 7, mostly played court 4 in dual matches)
https://www.ncaa.com/_flysystem/public-s3/files/23%20W%20Singles%20052123.pdf

Tuesday Doubles Draw (one match per day)
TBD Salma / Jayci vs Kimmi Hance/Elise Wagle, UCLA (22 - 7, lost tiebreakers in the playoffs to Tech (7-9) and Duke (4-7) before easily beating Iowa State 6-0)
https://www.ncaa.com/_flysystem/public-s3/files/23%20W%20Doubles%20052123.pdf
aggiedrjdub
AG
Chapa96 said:

UNC finally gets theirs.

So what you're saying is, they will be very good again? Lol. Ugh. Can we please win a natty in something?!? If anyone can get us there, coach Weaver can get us there, but…ugh.

Frustrating, though. Track and field has fallen off after years and years of national championships. Doesn't seem to be trending in the same direction. Football? No comment. Baseball? awful this year. Softball? (Better than last year). Both basketballs? Coach Buzz and Coach joni are doing work. Men's tennis? Not happening anytime soon. Golf? Very good teams but not quite there (I hope they prove me wrong) Of course, the Aggies are always fun to watch and support, but for all of the money invested in facilities, we surely are very average in terms of nationals and SEC team titles (I'm talking total number bc I'm aware women's tennis has won 2 SEC titles in a row)

I'm thankful for all that the WTT program has done for the Aggie spirit. Hopeful we can reach the promise land soon.
Gig'em Aggies! c/o '98 W H O O P!
aggiedrjdub
AG
Also, thank you Carson for your tweets. Wow. She is just an outstanding ambassador for our entire school.
Chapa96
AG
aggiedrjdub said:

Chapa96 said:

UNC finally gets theirs.

So what you're saying is, they will be very good again? Lol. Ugh. Can we please win a natty in something?!? If anyone can get us there, coach Weaver can get us there, but…ugh.

Frustrating, though. Track and field has fallen off after years and years of national championships. Doesn't seem to be trending in the same direction. Football? No comment. Baseball? awful this year. Softball? (Better than last year). Both basketballs? Coach Buzz and Coach joni are doing work. Men's tennis? Not happening anytime soon. Golf? Very good teams but not quite there (I hope they prove me wrong) Of course, the Aggies are always fun to watch and support, but for all of the money invested in facilities, we surely are very average in terms of nationals and SEC team titles (I'm talking total number bc I'm aware women's tennis has won 2 SEC titles in a row)

I'm thankful for all that the WTT program has done for the Aggie spirit. Hopeful we can reach the promise land soon.

And in talking to a UNC fan they are to be getting a very good transfer and he wasnt sure if she will even get to play.
Aggie Tennis
AG
aggiedrjdub said:

Chapa96 said:

UNC finally gets theirs.

We were really close to them when we were at full strength. They got us 4-2 but it took a 7-6 tiebreak win over Salma in the 3rd set to do it. Mary also lost a tough tiebreak and was playing at a higher level at the end of the year.

Unfortunately we lose much more than them. I'd love to see Crawley and / or Brantmeier give the tour a shot. NC State is losing their top 2 and that isn't replaceable. Stanford and Texas will be better and very good. Georgia will be very good again and we play them on the road next year. Lea Ma is a senior but I believe she is eligible for a fifth year.
aggiedrjdub
AG
I'd like to know what transfers we might be getting and where we see our incoming freshman fitting into the lineup. AND can someone give Carson a million dollar NIL deal to stay one more years? That'd be great. Thanks.
Ag4eva95
Heard there are two transfers being evaluated, one from ODU and LSU
Anchorhold
Looking ahead I'm sure glad we have Lexington Reed from Orlando committed for '24, but Tenneessee is putting together a nice class with three commitments last month: the highest ranked player out of Puerto Rico and two of the best recruits out of Georgia.
Ag4eva95
I don't worry about Tennessee too much. The girls they are bringing in aren't going to move the needle. Will keep them stable, not going to grow
Aceswimmer09
Can we get some names of who is coming
aggiedrjdub
AG
Can someone post the link to the online scores for the singles tournament? Salma should be playing right now.
Anchorhold
All I can find so far is this. Nine minutes until she starts.

https://stats.statbroadcast.com/broadcast/?id=466666&_gl=1*1uphiz8*_ga*NzA5NzYwNjkzLjE2Nzk1MTA0NzA.*_ga_2ZWVK1X7BJ*MTY4NDc1OTM2NC4xNC4xLjE2ODQ3NTk0MzcuMC4wLjA.
aggiedrjdub
AG
Thank you
Anchorhold
Playing it close so far tied at 3-3 in the first.

https://web.playsight.com/live/usta-national-campus-collegiate-center/103
taylorswift13
AG
Went down 6-4
aggiedrjdub
AG
Salma loses 4 and 2. Let's get'em in doubles!
Signem
Just as I thought, our SEC freshman of the year goes down in the first round. The bitter taste of Mia not getting that award is going to sting for the next 3 years at least. Not saying that the results would have been different had Mia gotten into the championships and drew the same opponent, but 5 freshman of the week accolades to be wiped because of a less than stellar SEC tournament performance s**ks.
aggiedrjdub
AG
This link to follow the matches isn't working anymore.
aggiedrjdub
AG
Love Mia and think she has an amazing future ahead, but she kind of crashed and burned towards the end of the season. Just got in a rut and couldn't find a way to win or close out matches, unfortunately.
Ag4eva95
Moving indoors:/ rain moved into the area
aggiedrjdub
AG
Thank you!!
Quail
aggiedrjdub said:

Love Mia and think she has an amazing future ahead, but she kind of crashed and burned towards the end of the season. Just got in a rut and couldn't find a way to win or close out matches, unfortunately.
Agree with this, a # 3 is not going to get a very good draw.
aggiedrjdub
AG
Mary wins the first set 6-1
aggiedrjdub
AG
Drops the second set 6-7
Anchorhold
Dammit. When I tuned in she was up 4-2. Clearly my watching is bad luck for our team in Orlando. I think I'll take a walk.
Ag4eva95
She's struggling. She's not the aggressor right now, she's pushing everything and making errors.

Come on Mary, play your game!
Ag4eva95
After the UGA match, that's when she really crashed. She didn't hit the ball as hard or confidently. Really showed up in doubles too

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.