Womens Tennis 2023

238,289 Views | 3490 Replies | Last: 10 mo ago by Chapa96
bigfoot10s
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
https://instagr.am/p/CmsZmw5puin
taylorswift13
AG
Take away the equal sign at the end of the link for insta posts and it'll appear here!
taylorswift13
AG
BOOM! WELCOME SALMA EWING! WE GOT BETTER TODAY!
bigfoot10s
AG
Thanks! I knew they worked somehow…
taylorswift13
AG
Thankfully I don't get paid to do this, but where does she factor into this lineup?? Behind Jayci at 4, ahead of her at 3? Wow! So this bumps some one down the line? So we could have Mary, Carson, Salma, Jayci, Mia, Jeanette?? And thats without the mysterious Russian girl that may or may not come in LOL… we are loaded
Anchorhold
Welcome to Texas Ms Ewing

Ag4eva95
https://twitter.com/ParsaBombs
Ag4eva95
This is how you utilize the transfer portal! Let's ****ing go! The season can't come soon enough
Ag4eva95
New projected lineup based off what we know:

1. Mary
2. Carson
3. Salma
4. Goldsmith
5. Kupres
6. Gianna/Jeanette/Daria

Kind of crazy how deep this team is with the bottom. We probably have the best 8 deep roster in the country
aggietennisfan
Should be as good or better team than last year.
Ag4eva95
This must be what UNC feels like. Having people on your bench ranked in the top 125 singles and not make the top 6. Mark Weaver deserves a pay raise with what he's done
taylorswift13
AG
If Weaver wins a natty he deserves 90 million, not some other coach on our payroll
taylorswift13
AG
Relating to a Russian player rumored to join us, that another poster indicated… Doing some instagram snooping there is one tennis player our team follows on Instagram who follows most of our girls and interacts with them and follows Coach Weaver and Coach Szabo, the team account likes her posts… her name is Polina Iatcenko! Had a career high junior ranking of 26… what if
Ag4eva95
People on here took offense to our guessing measures that's why I stopped my research. But she is my guess too. The only other guess would be someone who would reclassify a year early to join.

The question might start to rise…. Will be have any transfer outs from our program? Jeanette and Gianna would see a rise in playing time next year, but this year could be a wash
bigfoot10s
AG
I think we all knew, but Ewing was in the works. Also, I believe that Mia is completely cleared now. Should be fun this year!!
aggiedrjdub
AG
Well damn. This is the ****! Gig'em!!
Chapa96
AG
Whoah!!!

Quick Google Search.

"Ewing was named the #1 recruit in the 2018 tennis recruiting class by Tennis Recruiting Network...Finished fourth place at the 2018 Hard Court Nationals....Qualified and competed in multiple Jr. Grand Slams: the 2018 US Open, and 2017 Wimbledon....Was the 2017 WTA Stellenbosch $15k Champion....Was a 2016 ITF Costa Rica Grade 1 finalist."

Quail
Stars have to be in alignment to win a Natty but Coach Weaver is doing all he can!! This team is very impressive!! Not sure how they have room for anyone else this year but dang, looks good!
Needs some early test against some of the big girls.
Anchorhold
A little background reminder:
Salma reunites with Carson from the 2019-2020 USC team (Carson's redshirt season).
At last year's indoor championships Tati beat Salma in singles (7-5, 6-4) and Carson / Mary won in doubles (6-2).
Aggie Tennis
AG
Lines 5 and 6 and 3 doubles is where we are going to see the biggest difference vs. last year's team.

We aren't as loaded as UNC but this team is going to be fun to watch!
HersheyMonroe
DevinHester_GoBears1 said:

https://www.itftennis.com/en/players/salma--ewing/800671472/usa/wt/s/overview/

Thank you Mr Hester! Always enjoyed watching you return punts
Ag4eva95
See, I think we could be at that level(on our best day).

If Mary plays like she has, if Carson gets up to speed and back to a top 20 level, if Salma can continue her rise into the top 10 of ita, if Jayci can continue her high level low error play, if Mia comes in and crushes it, and if we can get a dominate #6(which I absolutely think we have). This is a natty team
Anchorhold

Drinking ALL the koolaid.
Quail
cbmik95 said:

See, I think we could be at that level(on our best day).

If Mary plays like she has, if Carson gets up to speed and back to a top 20 level, if Salma can continue her rise into the top 10 of ita, if Jayci can continue her high level low error play, if Mia comes in and crushes it, and if we can get a dominate #6(which I absolutely think we have). This is a natty team
Drink all that koolaid you want!! This is a strong team if they come together and no injuries!
Aggie Tennis
AG
UTR over 11. That is good for #2 after Mary!
bigtimeag1977
Another big time mid year pickup. The magician strikes again.
taylorswift13
AG
Mark Weaver(ing) his was through the portal
aggietennisfan
Crackedracquets doesn't have the team in the top 10 preseason rankings. I know there are some really good teams out there, but that is hard to believe they would drop us out of the top 10. I'm sure they will reconsider now with Ewing on the roster.
Ag4eva95
Hmmmm, I highly doubt we aren't a top 3 team. Given what we bring back, this is a preseason Top 3 team in the country. I don't mind being the underdog, but I can't fathom this team not being too 5 in the country
Ag4eva95
Can you send the link to their rankings?
Aggie Tennis
AG
aggietennisfan said:

Crackedracquets doesn't have the team in the top 10 preseason rankings. I know there are some really good teams out there, but that is hard to believe they would drop us out of the top 10. I'm sure they will reconsider now with Ewing on the roster.

Have they announced the top three? I may have missed it and had assumed UNC, A&M and Texas for the top three.
aggietennisfan
I don't think they have put out a rankings list just yet, but I was assuming that they wouldn't have the Aggies in the top 3 especially without Ewing. They are doing a countdown and Texas A&M is nowhere to be found. Losing Makarova was a big loss would be a big part of their thinking.
Anchorhold
Women's Preseason Top 10
#1 ?
#2 ?
#3 NC State
#4 Georgia
#5 Oklahoma
#6 Stanford
#7 Pepperdine
#8 Duke
#9 Virginia
#10 USC

TO BE CLEAR - THEY DID NOT DISCUSS THIS IN TODAY'S NC STATE PREVIEW
Aggie Tennis
AG
Anchorhold said:

Women's Preseason Top 10
#1 ?
#2 ?
#3 NC State
#4 Georgia
#5 Oklahoma
#6 Stanford
#7 Pepperdine
#8 Duke
#9 Virginia
#10 USC

TO BE CLEAR - THEY DID NOT DISCUSS THIS IN TODAY'S NC STATE PREVIEW

Wow. We likely will be left out with UNC and Texas not listed yet. Huge miss even before the Ewing news.

I wish we had a tougher schedule to prove them wrong early in the season.
Ag4eva95
I mean, I guess there is a chance still! I truly think, barring any injuries, Kupres is going to turn heads just like Mary did last year. She's as good if not better.

That's crazy if they discount A&M that much, this team is absolutely loaded, even before Salma. I'd call it a miss!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.