Womens Tennis 2023

238,209 Views | 3490 Replies | Last: 10 mo ago by Chapa96
aggiedrjdub
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Not much at all during conference play
Anchorhold
More BS ITA Rankings

RANK SCHOOL (FIRST PLACE VOTES)
1 t.u. (7)
2 North Carolina (5)
3 NC State
4 Oklahoma
5 Texas A&M
6 Duke
7 Virginia
T-8 Georgia
T-8 Stanford
10 Pepperdine
11 Miami (FL)
12 California
13 Oklahoma State
14 USC
15 Auburn
16 UCLA
17 Ohio State
18 Florida
19 Arizona State
T-20 Michigan
T-20 Vanderbilt
22 Iowa State
23 UCF
24 Tennessee
25 Georgia Tech

https://www.wearecollegetennis.com/2023/01/04/division-i-womens-rankings-jan-4/

In important news, Salma is listed on the online roster now.
Quail
Anchorhold said:

More BS ITA Rankings

1 t.u. (7)
2 North Carolina (5)
3 NC State
4 Oklahoma
5 Texas A&M
6 Duke
7 Virginia
T-8 Georgia
T-8 Stanford
10 Pepperdine
11 Miami (FL)
12 California
13 Oklahoma State
14 USC
15 Auburn
16 UCLA
17 Ohio State
18 Florida
19 Arizona State
T-20 Michigan
T-20 Vanderbilt
22 Iowa State
23 UCF
24 Tennessee
25 Georgia Tech

Not sure about the BS except if you are disputing UT. I can understand but they have won two straight. They also have easy schedule so will be hard to beat. Rest of it looks pretty solid and A & M rankings will change after ITA Indoors.
bigfoot10s
AG
Quail said:

Anchorhold said:

More BS ITA Rankings

1 t.u. (7)
2 North Carolina (5)
3 NC State
4 Oklahoma
5 Texas A&M
6 Duke
7 Virginia
T-8 Georgia
T-8 Stanford
10 Pepperdine
11 Miami (FL)
12 California
13 Oklahoma State
14 USC
15 Auburn
16 UCLA
17 Ohio State
18 Florida
19 Arizona State
T-20 Michigan
T-20 Vanderbilt
22 Iowa State
23 UCF
24 Tennessee
25 Georgia Tech

Not sure about the BS except if you are disputing UT. I can understand but they have won two straight. They also have easy schedule so will be hard to beat. Rest of it looks pretty solid and A & M rankings will change after ITA Indoors.

Especially if we go deep
Aggie Tennis
AG
Anchorhold said:

More BS ITA Rankings

1 t.u. (7)
2 North Carolina (5)
3 NC State
4 Oklahoma
5 Texas A&M
6 Duke
7 Virginia
T-8 Georgia
T-8 Stanford
10 Pepperdine
11 Miami (FL)
12 California
13 Oklahoma State
14 USC
15 Auburn
16 UCLA
17 Ohio State
18 Florida
19 Arizona State
T-20 Michigan
T-20 Vanderbilt
22 Iowa State
23 UCF
24 Tennessee
25 Georgia Tech

Texas will be better than people realize. They have a talented new freshman from Israel that could play #1, they are very deep and Joffe knows how to prepare for the NCAAs.

NC State is what has surprised me until I realized they added a freshman that is easily the best player in the nation. She is #109 in the world on the pro tour and rising quickly. I don't understand why she is playing college.

#5 is a fine way to start the year but I'd probably rank:

UNC
NC State
A&M
Texas
OU

Georgia will be better this year and I'm glad that is a home match.
Ag4eva95
I agree with this. NC State is good, but I feel like they could easily fall out of the top 10 if the freshmen doesn't produce. Pro tennis is different than college tennis. I think Duke is ranked too low and Texas too high given the roster turnover.

The cracked rackets guys told me that they couldn't rank us higher because they had no idea how Mia would produce in college. But it's a bit hypocritical of them to say NC State and Texas are top 3 ranked teams when they are solely relying on freshmen. Given what they told me, both Texas and NC State should be lower until otherwise earned
aggiedrjdub
AG
TBH - they don't know @#$4. I think they push who they expect to be the top 10, but don't know how it will ultimately play out. I cannot imagine why UNC would not be the clear #1 with their top 3 in the top 20 and top 6 all ranked in the top 100 if I remember correctly. Might be a bit off there.

Mark is a very smart coach. Our strength lies in doubles and guaranteeing that point. We are almost impossible to beat when we win the doubles point. I would say we should be no lower than #3, but these are just starting rankings. This team just wins, and I know Jayci did not come back for another year to piss around. She's here to win a national championship - the end.

I'm excited at what he is building in Aggieland, and now we need to get him better facilities! Gig'em!
Ag4eva95
We're on the same page. With the roster we have, I think this is a top 2 team in the country. 3 all Americans with the potential of 2 more. Only UNC can claim they can match it. Can't wait to prove the doubters wrong.
Signem
As stacked as we appear to be, I'm guessing the "mysterious" Russian girl was all the time a figment of our collective imaginations?
Anchorhold
We already have twelve on the roster. Classes don't start until the 17th so does anyone know the last day someone could be registered and added?
bigfoot10s
AG
There's always next year
Ag4eva95
Apparently anyone from Russia has been extremely hard to get on campus. NC State got extremely lucky with their pickup, but maybe look for her to be apart of next years class. All of the scholarships are used up for this year. Not sure how she would fit in
aggiedrjdub
AG
Did NC State steal our Russian?
bigfoot10s
AG
No
aggietennisfan
Mark told me there are two very good players coming next fall one of which is the Russian girl.
Chapa96
AG
aggietennisfan said:

Mark told me there are two very good players coming next fall one of which is the Russian girl.
Reload!!! Love it!
Ag4eva95
Hell yeah! This makes more sense! We need to reload so sounds like he's doing it. We are out of scholarships for the spring, so it didn't make sense for her to join.
Signem
Here's the next shoe to drop, WHAT IF Carson decides to use her Covid year? She's eligible, and if she's trying to get into law school somewhere another year of undergraduate studies couldn't hurt from my estimation. I'm sure she'll be on the pro circuit at some point and she may have a good run at that. But there's a cool line in the movie, Moneyball, "At some point you are going to have to give up playing the kids game. Some people get told at 18, others at 40, but they ALL get told at some point." At which point, Carson is one sharp cookie, she's smart enough to know to have a fallback plan. And maybe playing one more year for us or somebody else (hopefully not but you never know) may be just the ticket.
Signem
I can well imagine with the war going on, getting a Russian over here might be a bit of an issue. Thank GOD, Tatiana came when she did. And did you all see where she's engaged?
Signem
Talking about constructing more decent facilities compared to our competition, I can't remember if I mentioned it before, but when I was contacted about the Centennial Capital Campaign they had a big splash with Jimbo making the rounds and giving talks. Now this is a fund raising campaign looking to raise over $100M for facilities, recruiting, and everything else you can imagine. When I looked at the proposed "wish list" of items and NOTHING related to tennis was even on the list, I walked out. I don't know if that makes me a 2%er but with the city of Bryan now backing off the indoor facility that just s***ks.
bigfoot10s
AG
taylorswift13
AG
That's an interesting move! Gives us something to watch when certain fall sports are failing
aggiesherpa
AG
Interesting.... So will there be more tournaments or matches in the fall?
Ag4eva95
Probably tournament based since individual rankings are based off of individual results. Doubt too much changed except for an end of fall season singles and doubles tournament.
Aggie Tennis
AG
SEC coaches know how good this team will be!

Aggies Picked as Favorites to Win 2023 SEC Tennis Title in Coaches Poll
Quail
Aggie MBA said:

taylorswift13 said:

Singles
1. Mary
2. Carson
3. Salma
4. Jayci
5. Mia
6. Jeanette

7. Gianna
8. Daria

Doubles
1. Carson/Mary
2. Salma/Jayci
3. Mia/Jeanette

Not sure how we lose a doubles point all year! Although I have zero clue on what the pairings may be!

Close to mine in singles but I'd switch Mia and Jayci as well as Daria and Gianna.
Ok, is this a better line up than last year? I would only switch Carson and Mary but only because Carson at 1 is hit or miss and Mary at 2 should be last T last year. 3 and 4 should be about the same so matches might come down to 1,5, and 6. Like last year.
Aggie Tennis
AG
We will be better.

• Mary has improved
  • Tati is a huge loss but Salma is as good as a replacement we could hope for
  • Mia comes in and immediately improves the team. Think Mary last year.
  • Carson will get things going
  • Jayci is playing at a higher level and could be our #5 singles player vs #4 last year. Crazy depth.
  • Clear improvement at #6 with either Daria or an improved Jeanette

I think this team wins the title last year. This year the top competition is also improved but we have a real chance!
aggiedrjdub
AG
I just saw NCState's recruit roll thru 3 rounds qualifying at the Australian Open. She's very very good. Very.
Aggie Tennis
AG
aggiedrjdub said:

I just saw NCState's recruit roll thru 3 rounds qualifying at the Australian Open. She's very very good. Very.
She should go pro. Clearly ready.

She has a winnable first match. Hopefully she does well and goes pro this spring.

https://www.itftennis.com/en/players/diana-shnaider/800505689/rus/wt/s/ if anyone is wondering. #2 Junior in the world and about to crack the top 100 in the pros. Well ahead of any other college player.

Quail
Aggie MBA said:

We will be better.

• Mary has improved
  • Tati is a huge loss but Salma is as good as a replacement we could hope for
  • Mia comes in and immediately improves the team. Think Mary last year.
  • Carson will get things going
  • Jayci is playing at a higher level and could be our #5 singles player vs #4 last year. Crazy depth.
  • Clear improvement at #6 with either Daria or an improved Jeanette

I think this team wins the title last year. This year the top competition is also improved but we have a real chance!
Thanks! ITA indoors will tell us a lot but no doubt how good this team can be.
Ag4eva95
You weren't kidding. Straight set victories. She shouldn't be playing college tennis
taylorswift13
AG
This guys has made like 15 accounts, how pathetic is his life… I kinda feel sorry for him, hope he gets the help he needs…
taylorswift13
AG
They're ready to go!

https://instagr.am/p/CnaWVfESL-o
aggiedrjdub
AG
Mark's recent on court interview was interesting. He seems to understand he has options for his lineup, but follows it up with that he hopes once everyone settles in they will focus on what's best for the team. I'm ready for the season to get started so we can have some Aggie athletic happiness once again haha Gig'em!
aggiedrjdub
AG
NCstates incoming freshman advances to the second round of the main draw to face Sakkari after beating Kucova 7-6, 7-5.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.