Womens Tennis 2023

239,040 Views | 3490 Replies | Last: 10 mo ago by Chapa96
Chapa96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
taylorswift13 said:

A&M Tennis merch would be fun!
AGREED!!!! When I attended the NCAA's at Illiniois, they were selling all kinds of Illi tennis gear.

bigtimeag1977
Wonder if Jimbo Fisher had an all American that wanted to transfer in and couldn't get into a major of their liking. No chance that would ever happen at Texas A&M in football.
Chapa96
AG
Szabo promoted to Associate Head Coach!!
Ag4eva95
Mia Mupres is on the fall roster! Huge to get her this experience before the spring
Quail
That is great news!! Appears big fall tournament in Ft. Worth this weekend. Not sure who the teams will send but could get very interesting with UT and A &M both there.
Anchorhold
I'm still looking for a dang schedule, but so far I've found these listings for FW:

Singles:
Avery Esquivel
Daria Smetannikov
Lizanne Boyer
Kayal Gownder
Elise Robbins

Doubles:
Daria Smetannikov / Lizanne Boyer
Kayal Gownder / Elise Robbins

https://colleges.wearecollegetennis.com/competitions/TexasChristianUniversityW/Tournaments/players/092DF736-57A1-4782-AAD9-1A4E6FDDD002
Quail
I may try and go watch depending on what players are going to be there??
Quail
Ok, I meant from all teams!!
Anchorhold
No idea if any of this is streamed. Thanks to the athletic department for taking it off the composite calendar. Super.

Texas Regional ITA - Fort Worth
Thu Sep 22 - 9:30 AM
Avery Esquivel vs Winslow Huth (smu) [7]

Thu Sep 22 - 3:00 PM
Daria Smetannikov / Lizanne Boyer [12] (Whoop) vs
Grace Thomas / Gabby Cusano (t.u.)

Thu Sep 22 - 4:00 PM
Elise Robbins / Kayal Gownder vs
Winslow Huth / Maja Makoric (smu) [13]
Quail
Thanks for the information, I had seen something that stated no streaming or live updates for these matches.
Ag4eva95
Looks like the other half of the team is playing at Duke, mostly all ranked singles and doubles pairings. Jeanette was mentioned in a Duke article, so I'm assuming everyone else is there
Ag4eva95
Carson plays in the finals tomorrow for the Lubbock $15k ITF! Upset the #1 seed today, plays a potential Aggie recruit in the finals….
taylorswift13
AG
cbmik95 said:

Carson plays in the finals tomorrow for the Lubbock $15k ITF! Upset the #1 seed today, plays a potential Aggie recruit in the finals….
Need Carson to win, then go shake her hand and tell her to come home to Aggieland
bigfoot10s
AG
taylorswift13 said:

cbmik95 said:

Need Carson to win, then go shake her hand and tell her to come home to Aggieland

Liv turned pro. A&M isn't on her radar anymore
Ag4eva95
Agreed!

Also, I was able to find the draw for the Texas ITA regional. Liz Boyer has made it to the round of 16 out of qualifying and then lost to Marlee Zein of Texas 6-2 6-2

Mia Kupres is playing a pro tournament in Canada and lost to #1 seed in a good match.

Thinking Jeanette, Giana, Jayci, and Mary are in North Carolina . I do know Gianna and Jeanette have a solid win each, but that's all I can see.
Anchorhold
Texas ITA regional
Looks like Gownder / Robbins are still alive in the doubles cosolation bracket but the schedule doesn't show any doubles times for today yet. Kayal lost in the singles main draw consolation quarterfinal this morning.
Ag4eva95
Nice, I didn't check the consolation bracket. Good to see them fighting.
Ag4eva95
Mary took down #2 ranked Sarah Hamner from USC and #55 ranked player from Auburn! Mary won the consolation singles bracket of the top flight, so helluva showing. I'm sure there was Atleast 1-2 other matches. Not sure who she lost to.

Jayci lost to a girl from Auburn, also ranked above her. Not sure how else everyone else did,. Promising results from the team
taylorswift13
AG
Go Mary!!!
bigfoot10s
AG
https://gopack.com/sports/2022/9/21/womens-tennis-nc-state-2022-spotlight.aspx
Ag4eva95
I feel stupid for not even looking for the tournament page, thanks for sharing!

Mary had such a great weekend! Still a lot of fall season left, but she's going to shoot up the rankings come spring!

Jayci and Mary win the gold, taking out a few ranked teams.

Jeanette had a good run taking out a ranked player from ETSU and Gianna brought in a few wins..

I call this weekend a success
taylorswift13
AG
Jayci and Mary playing strong together
taylorswift13
AG
Does that mean we can see Carson and Mia
aggiedrjdub
AG
probably - and i think the top 2 doubles flights could be interchangeable.
Gig'em Aggies! c/o '98 W H O O P!
Signem
Are we sending anybody to the ITA Nationals?
Anchorhold
MAIN DRAW SINGLES
Carson

QUALIFYING SINGLES
Mary and Jayci

PREQUALIYING SINGLES
Gianna, Daria and Jeanette

MAIN DRAW DOUBLES
Carson & Jayci

QUALIFYING DOUBLES
Mary & Gianna

PREQUALIFYING DOUBLES
Jeanette & Daria

aggiedrjdub
AG
Looks like all 3 of our girls lost in the first round of pre-qualifying.
Gig'em Aggies! c/o '98 W H O O P!
Ag4eva95
I looked up who they played.

Jeanette lost to a girl that had a great freshmen season from Duke and played #5, #6.

Gianna lost to a girl that played #3 for a very salty Iowa state team.

Daria had a bit of a head scratcher and lost to a blue chip recruit from Wake. I think she's going to need some time to develop
aggietennisfan
Matches were played indoors. Hard to expect the girls to do all that well against 3 indoor teams.
Anchorhold
So the ITA conspiracy starts early this year.

In the singles consolation bracket today Jeanette plays at 10:30 am, Daria at 1:00 pm and Gianna at 2:30 pm*.

These are adjusted to central time zone assuming the website is posting local time.
Anchorhold
Mireles advances in the consolation bracket over Oklahoma's Ivana Corley, giving us our first NCAA sport victory since men's golf team on Tuesday.
Aggie Tennis
AG
That is a nice win for Mireles. Corley played #3 for OU when they snuck past us in the quarters.
Chapa96
AG
Aggie MBA said:

That is a nice win for Mireles. Corley played #3 for OU when they snuck past us in the quarters.
Agreed! Very nice win. The Corley sisters will have OU go into a deep run again this coming year.
Ag4eva95
Mary and Jayci pick up first round wins
Ag4eva95
Mary and Jayci win this morning.

Mary beats Emma Staker from OU
Jayci beats a very good Isabella Phenning from Miami(has been ranked in top 20 of ITA)

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.